The Sanity Of Certain People On This Site

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it's absolutely disgusting that you have allowed a thread entitled 'Mark Seasigh's Sanity' to remain on here. I notice you have banned him, that thread should be banned,
The behaviour of a certain few people on here is repellent and despicable . If you think that this kind of bullying earns you favour in God's eyes, then you leave a lot to be desired.
This site has fast gone from being TOL site to TROLL site.
Extremely disappointed.

Are you by chance Markie Mark's girlfriend, and if so, did you meet through one of those prison penpal websites?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dionysus

BANNED
Banned
I am more than willing to mock and ridicule the wicked. You being outside of Christ are not permitted to judge.

Then you do not follow the words of your own book!!! You are not permitted to judge by his own command!

Proverbs 14:6

Fools mock at the guilt offering, but the upright enjoy acceptance.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
why would a right winger get upset when you say you want to destroy the democratic party?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Does the TOL contract still have a sanity clause and if so does it bind if you don't believe in it? :plain: (with special thanks to Groucho)

republicanchick

I think it's absolutely disgusting that you have allowed a thread entitled 'Mark Seasigh's Sanity' to remain on here. I notice you have banned him, that thread should be banned,
The behaviour of a certain few people on here is repellent and despicable . If you think that this kind of bullying earns you favour in God's eyes, then you leave a lot to be desired.
This site has fast gone from being TOL site to TROLL site.
Extremely disappointed.

I see that I am not on your List

Oh wait...

no one is...

hmmm...

++++

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, I telegraphed it with the Groucho remark. Whatsammattawidyou?

You can waste a lot of time on Proust too, if you don't care for him. Benny Hill too, comes to it.

Sorry, I stopped reading toward the end. What was that? :think:

well I have to admit
I do have time to waste
but
what I really meant is you are a lot of work
and
I am not against work as long as I can see some purpose or meaning

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
well I have to admit
I do have time to waste
Well, if you didn't you'd have to make some and who could blame you?
but
what I really meant is you are a lot of work
and
I am not against work as long as I can see some purpose or meaning
What you really meant, then and now, is to insinuate that it likely isn't worth it. And what I'll mean, then and now, is you have a funny way of showing it. :)

Suit yourself, chrys. Doesn't matter. There's something for anyone, but don't conflate your lack of interest with a broader lack...or do.

:eek:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, if you didn't you'd have to make some and who could blame you?

What you really meant, then and now, is to insinuate that it likely isn't worth it. And what I'll mean, then and now, is you have a funny way of showing it. :)

Suit yourself, chrys. Doesn't matter. There's something for anyone, but don't conflate your lack of interest with a broader lack...or do.

:eek:

insinuate?
that is my word
I used it first
and
the primary reason your posts are so much work
is
I have to figure out what you are insinuating
and
then have to figure out how respond to it
if
at all

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
insinuate?
that is my word
I used it first
Chrys, I noted the whole paper cut questions, passive-aggressive inquisition shtick you use when you're irked a long, long time ago.

and
the primary reason your posts are so much work
I don't so much insinuate as layer, when I do either.

is
I have to figure out what you are insinuating
and
then have to figure out how respond to it
if
at all
Or maybe the rock in your shoe is just a rock, Sisyphus (see what I did there?).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
sometimes I see both

there is always an insinuation when you layer
:think: Okay. I think of it more as the other shoe, something meant to be found. I tend to see insinuation as someone avoiding a direct point, instead of an extension of it or a more interesting way to make it.

Sort of like this:
If you weren't in X religion, which religion would u choose?

:think: Religion Y? (tell chrys what I did there). :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I see insinuation as allowing complete deniability when you disparage someone
Then you're completely whiffing on my use and the word doesn't apply. If I'm taking a crack at someone (and I'm usually taking a crack at the ideas presented by someone and not the someone) it isn't something missed in the comment and I have less than no interest in "deniability" on the point.

I don't know why anyone would want it to begin with.

So if you called me a name and I answered it was on par with having my fashion sense critiqued by a Hun or you said I had issues and I responded that listening to you critique character was like taking notes on the ecumenical from Torquemada there's no mistaking me. It's only a question of whether you understand it or not, literally. And in the day of Google you don't even have to have the base line to find out.

Like I said, your use of insinuation was to insinuate a negative. But I'd challenge you to produce an example making your point. I know how you hate to do that sort of thing (insinuation being that where your dislike is concerned you tend to embellish and assert what's mostly in your noggin) but I think it's a sleeve without an arm in it.