The "moderate" Muslim majority???

John Mortimer

There have been many Muslim terrorist outrages in the recent past. The most recent French outrages left me wondering.....where are the cries of condemnation from the "moderate muslim majority" that we are told are "out there"???

I have seen one or two such responses from individual Muslims, but if there are no such responses from the religious establishment - is there any reason why the Western powers should not simply annihilate Islam?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There have been many Muslim terrorist outrages in the recent past. The most recent French outrages left me wondering.....where are the cries of condemnation from the "moderate muslim majority" that we are told are "out there"???

I have seen one or two such responses from individual Muslims, but if there are no such responses from the religious establishment -
You can't read what you don't look for. I did a quick google on the point after the latest and came up with all sorts of condemnation of Islamic extremist violence, from virtually every Islamic nation and a large number of Muslims beyond that. I heard the same sort of rhetoric after 9/11 and guess what? There were great numbers of Muslims decrying that, as there tends to be, but the media rarely invests much in setting that out.

is there any reason why the Western powers should not simply annihilate Islam?
Have we come to the point where we have to be reasoned into refraining from doing what reason will not tell us should be done?

Last edited:

shagster01

I have seen one or two such responses from individual Muslims, but if there are no such responses from the religious establishment - is there any reason why the Western powers should not simply annihilate Islam?

TH said it right. You must be relying on the mainstream media to cover it. They won't. Do a Google search to find your answer.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
TomO writes:
You can't "annihilate" an idea...It must be repudiated and then placed on display to be ridiculed. Any approach other than this merely gives the idea in question credibility.

Amazing how hard it is for people to grasp this.

fool

Hall of Fame
One of them got killed trying to stop the attack in Paris.
The rest of them may not feel it necessary to speak to things they have nothing to do with.
You want to kill 1.8 billion people because three guys shot up a newspaper?
And you think they're the dangerous ones?

Quincy

Islam is a cancer on this planet

Agreed, you have westernized Muslims who seem peaceful but traditional Muslims aren't. You might see a few westernized Muslims show up on TV, but all they try to do is separate themselves from the jihadists. You don't see any heads of Muslim states taking up action on their own accord. They're either on the side of jihadists or they are waiting for western countries to do the work while they "aid" us. It's pretty pathetic and cowardly.

Then you have western moderates who fight for Muslims and equate a Muslim's religious rights to their own, but last time I checked I didn't see any bonefide Christian or secular groups/networks working to attack innocent people. The moderate Muslims might as well be accessories to terror attacks, they don't do enough to weed the dogs out of their own ranks.

Cam

Same could be said of jews but it wouldn't be as easy to lament because then youd be resisting msm brainwashing and not simply trying to get a pat on the head.

There are many like jewish voice for peace or ed asner with the 9/11 movement but there could be more.

I dont think id have a lot of apologies myself if i knew my people were constantly being framed as in two famous exposed cases the lavon affair and the attack on the uss liberty.

But, you go ahead and bash muslims so people tell you how great you are.

bybee

Same could be said of jews but it wouldn't be as easy to lament because then youd be resisting msm brainwashing and not simply trying to get a pat on the head.

There are many like jewish voice for peace or ed asner with the 9/11 movement but there could be more.

I dont think id have a lot of apologies myself if i knew my people were constantly being framed as in two famous exposed cases the lavon affair and the attack on the uss liberty.

But, you go ahead and bash muslims so people tell you how great you are.

Extremist behavior by Muslims begets extremist behavior in retaliation by those who are being slaughtered.

This Charming Manc

try this

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/46-examples-of-muslim-outrage-about-paris-shooting-that-fox-news-cant-seem-to-find/

Cam

Bybee, you just lap up the msm. You have to love truth enough to take the red pill.

John Mortimer

One of them got killed trying to stop the attack in Paris.
I know.....the whole thing is crazy.
The rest of them may not feel it necessary to speak to things they have nothing to do with.
Well, I understand your point with regard to individuals but it's the Islamic establishment that I'm thinking of....
You want to kill 1.8 billion people because three guys shot up a newspaper?
And you think they're the dangerous ones?
I know, I know. :( I'm completely overreacting - and I don't actually want to see loads of people killed. It just seems unbelievable that all this stuff is going on in the world.

John Mortimer

Agreed, you have westernized Muslims who seem peaceful but traditional Muslims aren't. You might see a few westernized Muslims show up on TV, but all they try to do is separate themselves from the jihadists. You don't see any heads of Muslim states taking up action on their own accord. They're either on the side of jihadists or they are waiting for western countries to do the work while they "aid" us. It's pretty pathetic and cowardly.

Then you have western moderates who fight for Muslims and equate a Muslim's religious rights to their own, but last time I checked I didn't see any bonefide Christian or secular groups/networks working to attack innocent people. The moderate Muslims might as well be accessories to terror attacks, they don't do enough to weed the dogs out of their own ranks.

I totally agree. There seems to be something uniquely evil about Islam. Maybe that's just ignorance on my part but my intuition has always made me feel sickened by Islam.