ECT The LORD God of Division

john w

Hall of Fame
Matthew 18:2-5
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Mark 10:15
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luke 9:47-48
And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, and said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Impressive.

Try this: Genesis-Revelation.

So there-I just "one upped" you.

john w

Hall of Fame
"in this dispensation" is a blatant misuse of the way Paul used it.

Paul's dispensation was not a time period.. it was a TASK GIVEN SPECIFICALLY TO HIM ALONE to teach the Gospel to the gentiles.

He had a different stewardship than the other apostles.... that is all he is saying.

Oh. Sit-you are a mystic/subjectivist.

HisServant

Oh. Sit-you are a mystic/subjectivist.

(Ephesians 3:1-5 KJV) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, {2} If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: {3} How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, {4} Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) {5} Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

The dispensation (stewardship/house rules) were given specifically to Paul alone... It was a revelation to HIM.

What is so hard to understand about that?

No mysticism or subjectiveness there... its plain as the nose on my face.

DAN P

I agree. I think the consequences are evident where the "division gospel" is preached, ie many Christians spend most of their time criticizing other Christians while the godless kill and corrupt their children.

Hi and if all preached Eph 3:9 there would be NO Division !!

What do you preach ?

dan p

glorydaz

Thanks! Given the source of the disapproval, now I'm "more" confident, that, once again, I "nailed it," as usual. Thanks again!

LOL Yep, once again people take Paul's words and try to turn them into something they aren't. According to some, we should all just give a high five to whatever foolish thought enters into the minds of men. Being politically correct has become the new "truth".

2 Timothy 4:2-4
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.​

john w

Hall of Fame
The dispensation (stewardship/house rules) were given specifically to Paul alone... It was a revelation to HIM.

What is so hard to understand about that?

No mysticism or subjectiveness there... its plain as the nose on my face.

No, you, on record,in deceit, assert that your authority is the Holy Spirit-you are a mystic/subjectivist.

Sit.
_______
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111715&page=2

"Considering that the ONLY thing that is authoritative is the Holy Spirit,"- you, post #17

The Holy Spirit tells me the opposite of what you say.

See how that works, mystic/subjectivist?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You have never seen any poster tell another poster who says they believe in Christ that are lost because of differing theology???

Not only have I been told that here but my whole life as a Catholic by Protestantsto the point that I was baptized in a Protestant church. Of course I saw they had their own problems and worse fomented division so I returned to the RCC.

I give anyone and everyone the benefit of doubt that says that Jesus Christ the Son of God is their Savior and if we all did this there wouldn't be so much division.

Sure there aren jerks on TOL I got told myself just the other day that I was gunna burn by one. But those that say that are not many and everybody knows they are jerks.

We all get fed up with false teachers though, who are stubborn in their heresies.

Listen, this is what strikes me about your post, you were a Catholic, you were persuaded to become Protestant, then you reverted back to Catholicism.

You never say you came to Jesus Christ.

glorydaz

Listen, this is what strikes me about your post, you were a Catholic, you were persuaded to become Protestant, then you reverted back to Catholicism.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

heir

TOL Subscriber
I agree. I think the consequences are evident where the "division gospel" is preached, ie many Christians spend most of their time criticizing other Christians while the godless kill and corrupt their children.
The word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), is the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)! There is no salvation outside of it today (Romans 1:16 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Of course since there are thousands of groups saying they are the only ones saved (as witnessed here on this forum) then of course the concept of saved has to develop into a selection process where basically we have nothing to do with it.
The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). If there has never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing it, you are lost and on your way to perishing eternally (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV), but I guess you'd rather we not say anything? Sorry, not going to happen. It's why we are here (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV)!

Interplanner

The Christian position is that Christ's righteousness alone saves. We are saved by works: His, not ours.

The sub-Christian and very divisive position (as the posts above mention) is that the response of the believer to the accomplishment of Christ is what matters and boy you better do it our way. It is sub-Christian and very divisive. It is a work of the flesh. The Greek word 'hairese' (<heresy) in the works of the flesh list in Gal 5 primarily means to divide.

Sancocho

It is clearly implied it in my post.

BTW, anyone who is a student of the Bible and history can't be Protestant for long. Granted I make a living doing research and investigation and since I know Christ I have no fear of accepting any challenges to any of my beliefs.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Maybe they can't be Protestant (capital P) but they will dissent from the papacy if they really are a student of the Bible and history.

Sancocho

Maybe they can't be Protestant (capital P) but they will dissent from the papacy if they really are a student of the Bible and history.

Not if they apply the same standards of investigation that they do in their professional career.

BTW, making arguments online is easy because people can make claims and then disappear when convenient. In person that is not the case. Protestant that know me won't talk about the Bible with me nor history because I generally know it better than they do. They go after Catholics who don't know their faith or history.

If you don't believe me send me a pm and we can discuss this on the phone. Peace.