The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurucam

Yes, you have a particular agenda connected to a point you are trying to make and it's not working out for you. "Spiritual blindness" was not a new problem for Jesus's audience, history is replete with religious men missing the point, swatting at gnats and swallowing camels. Every prophet had to contend with this same phenomenon.

Isaiah 29:14 “Therefore, behold, I will again do wonderful things with this people, with wonder upon wonder; and the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the discernment of their discerning men shall be hidden.”​

Don't you have an agenda? Is there something wrong with an agenda?

One's mission, under grace of God, in the body of Christ is an agenda. My mission, under grace of God, in the body of Christ is to expose truth as confirmed by revelations in the KJV N.T.. This is my agenda. So here goes:

The particular revelation which is under discussion, is as follows:
Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
You said: "
Ok, will try one more time Gurucam:
"Them" is the Jews and or other enemies of the gospel, people who are simply religious not necessarily spiritual. "You" is a believer in Jesus's gospel, any believer, the 12 or a regular person in the crowd who hears the spiritual truth spoken.
I replied:

In the referenced verse, 'them' referred simply to the people to whom Jesus had just spoken to in public.

You are adding your own spin by saying that "Them" is the Jews and or other enemies of the gospel. The particular revelation does not say this.

Is what I said wrong?

Also I replied: The question conveyed no confusion. The disciples had said: 'why do you speak to them in parables?' The disciples did not ask: "why did you speak to some of them in parables?".

Is what I said wrong?

You said: "You" is a believer in Jesus's gospel, any believer, the 12 or a regular person in the crowd who hears the spiritual truth spoken.

This is absolutely your fabrication. 'You are corrupting these revelations. No where is your statement above indicated in these particular revelations.

In these revelations, 'you' means only the disciples and no one else while simultaneously 'them' means every one who attended Jesus' recent public lecture. . Only these two sets of people (without any further or added descriptions) are addressed in these revelations.

You do not seem to realize and/or recognize that the disciples were specially chosen and different from everyone else. The disciples were on one side and every one else was on another side. Please stick, precisely and only to what these revelations, i.e. Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16 KJV N.T. say.

Indeed, is it unfair to ask:

I am seeking to simply come to common understanding of the simple and uncontaminated messages in these particular revelations, Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16 KJV N.T..

I would still like to know your 'translation' of Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16 KJV N.T. without your personal and/or other extra additions, qualifications and explanations.

You speak of spiritual blindness.
The verses which you delight in and seek to defend, are given only to people who do not have the 'eyes to see', the 'ears to hear' and the hearts to understand. These things describe people with spiritual blindness.

You are identifying with and esteeming deliveries which Jesus delivered to people with spiritual blindness.

You will not realize your folly unless you seek and get the uncontaminated message in Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16 KJV N.T..

Things which Jesus delivered to his disciples privately to only them are of a totally different caliber from his open public deliveries. Jesus' private deliveries to his disciples are the pure, unadulterated mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. All other deliveries speaks only about the kingdom but does not in any way deliver the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven.

You and the other very great majority of aspiring Christians delight in the latter. You do not focus on what Jesus delivered to his chosen few (i.e. his disciples). Instead you all delight in all his other deliveries. You all stumble at this stumbling block. This is why the very great majority (i.e all but a few) of those called to Christianity err and are not chose. They do not make it.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Don't you have an agenda?

My agenda is to expose the truth as confirmed by revelations in the KJV N.T..

The particular revelation is as follows:

The question is, is the following incorrect:

In the referenced verse, 'them' referred simply to the people to whom Jesus had just spoken to in public.

You are adding your own spin by saying that "Them" is the Jews and or other enemies of the gospel. The particular revelation does not say this.

And is it unfair to ask:

I am seeking to simply come to common understanding of the simple and uncontaminated messages in these particular revelations, Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16 KJV N.T..

I have a point, Jesus taught his original gospel, some believed and followed. He lost some disciples and (1) apostle.

Jesus taught parables to different groups on different occasions. I don't know why you are focused on the Matthew 34 specifically.

78 Give ear, O my people, to my law;
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old,

Which we have heard and known,
And our fathers have told us.

We will not hide them from their children,
Telling to the generation to come the praises of the Lord,
And His strength and His wonderful works that He has done.​

Caino

BANNED
Banned

You said: "Them" is the Jews and or other enemies of the gospel.

I replied:

Is what I said wrong?

And is it unfair to ask:

If not Jews or others, who then did Jesus speak the parables to by the seaside???

Caino

BANNED
Banned

You said: "Them" is the Jews and or other enemies of the gospel.

I replied:

Is what I said wrong?

And is it unfair to ask:

I came to the simple common understanding of this a long time ago, but you are still asking questions.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This is good for instruction because it's what Jesus really said on that occasion as given to us by the celestials who were there on the scene:

"(1689.1) 151:1.3 The apostles and those who were with them, when they heard Jesus teach the people in this manner, were greatly perplexed; and after much talking among themselves, that evening in the Zebedee garden Matthew said to Jesus: “Master, what is the meaning of the dark sayings which you present to the multitude? Why do you speak in parables to those who seek the truth?” And Jesus answered:

(1689.2) 151:1.4 “In patience have I instructed you all this time. To you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to the undiscerning multitudes and to those who seek our destruction, from now on, the mysteries of the kingdom shall be presented in parables. And this we will do so that those who really desire to enter the kingdom may discern the meaning of the teaching and thus find salvation, while those who listen only to ensnare us may be the more confounded in that they will see without seeing and will hear without hearing. My children, do you not perceive the law of the spirit which decrees that to him who has shall be given so that he shall have an abundance; but from him who has not shall be taken away even that which he has. Therefore will I henceforth speak to the people much in parables to the end that our friends and those who desire to know the truth may find that which they seek, while our enemies and those who love not the truth may hear without understanding. Many of these people follow not in the way of the truth. The prophet did, indeed, describe all such undiscerning souls when he said: ‘For this people’s heart has waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed lest they should discern the truth and understand it in their hearts.’”

(1689.3) 151:1.5 The apostles did not fully comprehend the significance of the Master’s words. As Andrew and Thomas talked further with Jesus, Peter and the other apostles withdrew to another portion of the garden where they engaged in earnest and prolonged discussion.
" UB 1955

Charity

Id be Happy if celestials on the scene mentioned that all biblical exiles were nation exchanges, by Governing force. worse still, mass graves no exchange.... generally happens slowly an is not noticed until new law begins to terrify, an foreign rule appearing in governing seats.
Even the God is turned against its own Nation an prefers another peoples God to destroy his followers for now bowing to the new god.
nations have been captured over an over again, have had their Native tongue Changed, have been forced to observe other faiths threw generations, an adapting in rest, I hardly believe that any Faith could be pure an really know its true roots. an the proof is bound in one book-the bible, conflicting laws, that blind anyone that has a good faith to believe those who delivered to the printing press.

nearly one in 3 children live in poverty in the USA, faith an God has forever been all one can turn to, when sociopaths make their way up within nights that they can persecute. was, is, an always will be.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Id be Happy if celestials on the scene mentioned that all biblical exiles were nation exchanges, by Governing force. worse still, mass graves no exchange.... generally happens slowly an is not noticed until new law begins to terrify, an foreign rule appearing in governing seats.
Even the God is turned against its own Nation an prefers another peoples God to destroy his followers for now bowing to the new god.
nations have been captured over an over again, have had their Native tongue Changed, have been forced to observe other faiths threw generations, an adapting in rest, I hardly believe that any Faith could be pure an really know its true roots. an the proof is bound in one book-the bible, conflicting laws, that blind anyone that has a good faith to believe those who delivered to the printing press.

nearly one in 3 children live in poverty in the USA, faith an God has forever been all one can turn to, when sociopaths make their way up within nights that they can persecute. was, is, an always will be.

great comment from outside the USA, even with everything you mentioned, The Bible - God's Word and Jesus Christ made it through all of that. i am sorry you have given up, that will change soon.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
beyond 'spin'.......

beyond 'spin'.......

No.

Gurucam,

See my previous post to you here.

We've explained our views quite clearly and added resource links/commentary from Jesus words from the UB itself. If you want to charge anyone with 'spin-doctoring' and belaboring a subject, introduce yourself. You're not interested in the UBs record of Jesus teaching but a limited KJV format of the NT, and your own 'spin' on it.

The UB teaches clearly about the religion of the Spirit.

157:4.5 Jesus, still standing, then said to the twelve: “You are my chosen ambassadors, but I know that, in the circumstances, you could not entertain this belief as a result of mere human knowledge. This is a revelation of the spirit of my Father to your inmost souls. And when, therefore, you make this confession by the insight of the spirit of my Father which dwells within you, I am led to declare that upon this foundation will I build the brotherhood of the kingdom of heaven. Upon this rock of spiritual reality will I build the living temple of spiritual fellowship in the eternal realities of my Father’s kingdom. All the forces of evil and the hosts of sin shall not prevail against this human fraternity of the divine spirit. And while my Father’s spirit shall ever be the divine guide and mentor of all who enter the bonds of this spirit fellowship, to you and your successors I now deliver the keys of the outward kingdom—the authority over things temporal—the social and economic features of this association of men and women as fellows of the kingdom.

This religion of the Spirit is heralded in the papers as Jesus proclaims the goodnews of the kingdom based on the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man.

See: The UB and Christianity

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
brass tacks......

brass tacks......

Things which Jesus delivered to his disciples privately to only them are of a totally different caliber from his open public deliveries. Jesus' private deliveries to his disciples are the pure, unadulterated mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. All other deliveries speaks only about the kingdom but does not in any way deliver the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven.

You and the other very great majority of aspiring Christians delight in the latter. You do not focus on what Jesus delivered to his chosen few (i.e. his disciples). Instead you all delight in all his other deliveries. You all stumble at this stumbling block. This is why the very great majority (i.e all but a few) of those called to Christianity err and are not chose. They do not make it.

You werent there to really know how Jesus ministered, who he did or didnt reveal the deeper teachings to, but are squabbling over what a passage says....thats it.

As far as who delights in one form of teaching over another or who wont make it .....thats presumptuous and speculative on your part.

pj

Aimiel

As far as following doctrines of demons, as ALL of the UB is, that's the definition of presumption and speculation. You presume the spirits that channeled the words of the UB to the person(s) who wrote it were angels and not demons. That's purely speculative and certainly very foolish, especially since what is taught contradicts The Holy Scriptures.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
As far as following doctrines of demons, as ALL of the UB is, that's the definition of presumption and speculation. You presume the spirits that channeled the words of the UB to the person(s) who wrote it were angels and not demons. That's purely speculative and certainly very foolish, especially since what is taught contradicts The Holy Scriptures.

Any doctrine can be judged on its own value, consistency, merit. The ethics and spiritual teaching of Jesus are of the highest order as revealed in the papers. Much accords with the religious truths of most all religions concerning universal principles and values. Your main issue is its view on 'blood-atonement' which we've amply addressed previously here.

pj

Aimiel

Any doctrine can be judged on its own value, consistency, merit. The ethics and spiritual teaching of Jesus are of the highest order as revealed in the papers. Much accords with the religious truths of most all religions concerning universal principles and values. Your main issue is its view on 'blood-atonement' which we've amply addressed previously here.
I've more-than-amply addressed your pretend addressing of the Truths of Scripture regarding blood-atonement. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood. Only The Blood of Jesus can wash a man's sins away. Your false god: Jebus (the Jesus described by the UB) cannot do anything. There is no Jebus. He doesn't exist. Jesus rose from the dead and with His Blood and our testimony we are able to overcome the demons in you and your ilk and those in your precious Urantia Bilk. No born again Christian can be fooled by the false god your UB describes and you hate that fact. The garbage in the UB doesn't begin to compare to the Truths found in The Holy Scriptures. It's all doctrines of demons. Every word on every page. It's words and phrases stolen from Scripture and sprinkled with half-truths which equals WHOLE LIES. :duh:

journey

I've more-than-amply addressed your pretend addressing of the Truths of Scripture regarding blood-atonement. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood. Only The Blood of Jesus can wash a man's sins away. Your false god: Jebus (the Jesus described by the UB) cannot do anything. There is no Jebus. He doesn't exist. Jesus rose from the dead and with His Blood and our testimony we are able to overcome the demons in you and your ilk and those in your precious Urantia Bilk. No born again Christian can be fooled by the false god your UB describes and you hate that fact. The garbage in the UB doesn't begin to compare to the Truths found in The Holy Scriptures. It's all doctrines of demons. Every word on every page. It's words and phrases stolen from Scripture and sprinkled with half-truths which equals WHOLE LIES. :duh:

I agree with you completely. It's beyond amazing to see what garbage some folks will buy. Their end is sad, but their hearts are hardened against the truth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
if u wont learn the material, leave the class......you fail

if u wont learn the material, leave the class......you fail

I agree with you completely. It's beyond amazing to see what garbage some folks will buy. Their end is sad, but their hearts are hardened against the truth.

You continue to be ignorant of the text you constantly demonize and clueless as well of Part 4 which contains are replete and exhaustive record of Jesus life and ministry. Refusing to learn what it actually teaches gives your criticism little weight or value beyond your own misconceptions and presumptions. You prejudge an entire collection of papers you haven't read....and thats all you got. The content speaks itself, but you lack knowledge by refusing to learn. Thats sad.....in any field.

The very last paper in the UB (Paper 196) is entitled 'The faith of Jesus', perhaps the most important subject of value and application for man, hence it is the very zenith and benediction to close with. The papers share only the most exalted spiritual truths, with respect to the life and teachings of Jesus built upon the eternal foundation of doing God's will and the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of man.

196:0.10 Jesus brought to God, as a man of the realm, the greatest of all offerings: the consecration and dedication of his own will to the majestic service of doing the divine will. Jesus always and consistently interpreted religion wholly in terms of the Father's will. When you study the career of the Master, as concerns prayer or any other feature of the religious life, look not so much for what he taught as for what he did. Jesus never prayed as a religious duty. To him prayer was a sincere expression of spiritual attitude, a declaration of soul loyalty, a recital of personal devotion, an expression of thanksgiving, an avoidance of emotional tension, a prevention of conflict, an exaltation of intellection, an ennoblement of desire, a vindication of moral decision, an enrichment of thought, an invigoration of higher inclinations, a consecration of impulse, a clarification of viewpoint, a declaration of faith, a transcendental surrender of will, a sublime assertion of confidence, a revelation of courage, the proclamation of discovery, a confession of supreme devotion, the validation of consecration, a technique for the adjustment of difficulties, and the mighty mobilization of the combined soul powers to withstand all human tendencies toward selfishness, evil, and sin. He lived just such a life of prayerful consecration to the doing of his Father's will and ended his life triumphantly with just such a prayer. The secret of his unparalleled religious life was this consciousness of the presence of God; and he attained it by intelligent prayer and sincere worship—unbroken communion with God—and not by leadings, voices, visions, or extraordinary religious practices.

~*~*~

196:3.30 Be not discouraged; human evolution is still in progress, and the revelation of God to the world, in and through Jesus, shall not fail.

196:3.31 The great challenge to modern man is to achieve better communication with the divine Monitor that dwells within the human mind. Man's greatest adventure in the flesh consists in the well-balanced and sane effort to advance the borders of self-consciousness out through the dim realms of embryonic soul-consciousness in a wholehearted effort to reach the borderland of spirit-consciousness—contact with the divine presence. Such an experience constitutes God-consciousness, an experience mightily confirmative of the pre-existent truth of the religious experience of knowing God. Such spirit-consciousness is the equivalent of the knowledge of the actuality of sonship with God. Otherwise, the assurance of sonship is the experience of faith.

Thru-out this thread few have endeavored to read or research enough to engage an informed discussion on what is expounded in the papers to carry on a dialogue beyond prejudgments, pontificating or villifying the book in question. The similarities and differences between UB and traditional Christian doctrine/theology have been shared in the OP and thru-out so dialogue on those points and many other subjects shared in the work can be explored in the interest of religion.

See the papers on Religion specifically here.

If all you can offer is degrading, foul and condescending remarks based on assumptions and a good measure of ignorance (and bigotry), and not in the least interested in discussion on the subject, go elsewhere. Otherwise its the same ole song and dance, of attack and ridicule which also makes your religious belief-system even less appealing.

pj

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
tootles.......

tootles.......

I've more-than-amply addressed your pretend addressing of the Truths of Scripture regarding blood-atonement. There is no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood. Only The Blood of Jesus can wash a man's sins away. Your false god: Jebus (the Jesus described by the UB) cannot do anything. There is no Jebus. He doesn't exist. Jesus rose from the dead and with His Blood and our testimony we are able to overcome the demons in you and your ilk and those in your precious Urantia Bilk. No born again Christian can be fooled by the false god your UB describes and you hate that fact. The garbage in the UB doesn't begin to compare to the Truths found in The Holy Scriptures. It's all doctrines of demons. Every word on every page. It's words and phrases stolen from Scripture and sprinkled with half-truths which equals WHOLE LIES.

Responses to your beliefs and assumptions have been addressed amply as well thru-out the thread, which leaves this dialogue in gridlock. I disagree with your narrow exclusive dogmatic interpretation of Jesus gospel and the Bible in certain particulars...and hold a much greater universal embrace of many different archetypes and possibilities of the personality of Jesus which is not limited to the UB, since Im an eclectic researcher of various and different schools.

Sadly all you and your fellow sock puppets can do is demean, degrade, devalue and demonize the UB or anything not fitting your religious formula or 'concept' of 'God'. Notice it is only you guys calling names, trashing the papers....continually attacking...which really shows your own insecurities and fears, a natural reflex of a religious ego self-aggrandizing and ready to lash out at any threat against its golden calves.

Since from the very first page of this thread.....your song n dance have not changed...neither progress in a constructive dialogue, so its futile really. We'll leave it at gridlock. Good luck in your religious journey.......all the best :wave:

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.