The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

journey

Many different subjects are discussed here, while most are relating to the UB....not all are. Knight has allowed this one thread on the subject, limiting it thereby. Since the UB covers the subject of 'religion' extensively....it is appropriate in the more liberal venue of philosophy and cosmology. As far as 'baloney' goes....you've got alot of that elsewhere within the diverse and varied denominations within Christendom, differing on various points of doctrine, so theres plenty a sandwich plate from which to choose from.

Those interested in actual discussion or dialogue are welcome to engage, since any 'revelation' stands or falls on its own truth, meaning and value as it relates to the greater context of existence. A seeker of truth has the courage to take on ideas, concepts and principles...investigating all things for himself, discovering what is true, possible or consistent on his own. Dare to think for yourself.

pj

The Urantia BALONEY was indeed declared over by Knight. I'm going to start reporting posts as of now.

journey

Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:

Thank you. I'm quoting you to remind the Urantia UFO cult members what you have said about this.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You've been addressed here already

You've been addressed here already

Thank you. I'm quoting you to remind the Urantia UFO cult members what you have said on this subject.

You haven't a clue of what the UB even is, let alone its theology, and couldnt even take the challenge earlier of reading the first 5 papers to engage an intelligent discussion on it.
You demonize anything that doesnt fit your pre-packaged theology and preconceived notion of truth. If you were secure in your faith, you wouldnt be so distressed over one thread discussing the Urantia Book. Truth has nothing to fear, and is not limited to any one religious book or religious cult.

You cant put 'God' in a box.....neither is all powerful God worried over the diverse views and perspectives shared by many of his universe children about the nature of existence, the purpose of creation, the evolution of souls, etc., since at the root of all is one universal reality, although it may be interpreted in different terms and languages.

I recall either in a PM or elsewhere that Knight said we can have one thread on the UB, so if he has now changed his mind....he'll have to convey that. Otherwise leave the thread unless you can engage in a discussion, which you haven't shown as of yet. All you do is WHINE, and repeat your own religious programming.

Also you've been corrected here before.....the UB has nothing to do with UFOs and its a collection of papers (compiled as a book)....Not a cult. Your ignorance does nothing to support your case.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many different subjects are discussed here, while most are relating to the UB....not all are. Knight has allowed this one thread on the subject, limiting it thereby. Since the UB covers the subject of 'religion' extensively....it is appropriate in the more liberal venue of philosophy and cosmology. As far as 'baloney' goes....you've got alot of that elsewhere within the diverse and varied denominations within Christendom, differing on various points of doctrine, so theres plenty a sandwich plate from which to choose from.

Those interested in actual discussion or dialogue are welcome to engage, since any 'revelation' stands or falls on its own truth, meaning and value as it relates to the greater context of existence. A seeker of truth has the courage to take on ideas, concepts and principles...investigating all things for himself, discovering what is true, possible or consistent on his own. Dare to think for yourself.

pj

Unfortunately you, "Strange Fellows" go outside of your
little domain, and try and spread your, oddball philosophy
elsewhere on TOL! At least everyone is aware of your, UFO
connections!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
cocreational associations.......

cocreational associations.......

My difficulty continue to be with the above original statement.

The following questions arise:

What is the law of manifestation? Indeed what law does manifestation use?

What are the limitations of which you speak?

What are right conditions to bring forth such creation?

Who or what are these conscious being who are engaging in a process of co-creation with-in The Creation?

It is not reasonable to let you simply drop that statement and move to your other point.

I cannot adequately discern what you are seeking to convey. Before moving on can you fully explain what you mean by the above?

Are you speaking from your own awareness of these are are you simply repeating what you have read and/or heard?

The terms which you use convey different meanings to different people. You must fully define your terms before I can get your message.

Are you using these terms according to their meaning in "The Late Great Urantia Revelation"?

It seems foolish to simply say O.K. or no to the above very or overly simplified statement and let you move to the next point. I have to get a more reasonable and clear understanding of what you are seeking to say. No doubt these are the basis of your continuing commentary.

Guru,.......if you cant creatively engage your own intelligence and intuitive faculties to understand the term 'law of manifestation' and how that relates to a process of 'co-creation'....meaning the soul of man co-operating with Spirit....then a dialogue cant ensue here. You had brought up about souls manifesting things physically from a spiritual dimension. I just added to that. Plus your not referencing anything from the UB so we're just going in circles using our own terms.

Anyone familiar with new age, occult or metaphysical concepts has some idea what 'co-creation' or the 'law of manifestation' is. The UB has a few passages on 'co-creation'.

0:5.4 All subinfinite orders and phases of personality are associative attainables and are potentially cocreational. The prepersonal, the personal, and the superpersonal are all linked together by mutual potential of co-ordinate attainment, progressive achievement, and cocreational capacity.

116:4.11 The local universe is the starting place for those personalities who are farthest from God, and who can therefore experience the greatest degree of spiritual ascent in the universe, can achieve the maximum of experiential participation in the cocreation of themselves.

117:1.4 The will of the Creator and the will of the creature are qualitatively different, but they are also experientially akin, for creature and Creator can collaborate in the achievement of universe perfection. Man can work in liaison with God and thereby cocreate an eternal finaliter. ( a 'finaliter' is a soul who has qualified for and assumed immortality, that eternal life status being final, permanent, everlasting.)

117:4.2 Throughout the grand universe the Supreme struggles for expression. His divine evolution is in measure predicated on the wisdom-action of every personality in existence. When a human being chooses eternal survival, he is cocreating destiny.

Wherever there are two minds or personalities engaging in some creative or intentional way....there is the process and potential of 'co-creation'.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
dont be ignorant...........

dont be ignorant...........

Unfortunately you, "Strange Fellows" go outside of your
little domain, and try and spread your, oddball philosophy
elsewhere on TOL! At least everyone is aware of your, UFO
connections!

Your claims and assumptions have been dealth with here. There are no UFOs involved with or associated with the UB. Your idiocy on this point continues.......

Also....for the most part this is a thread of information and sharing of ideas presented in the UB for religious discussion. Read the OP for starters. Im not seeking converts or on a mission to save souls like some posters here are, but to share, explore and discuss religious philosophy, ideas, principles, concepts, etc. Thats all I've ever been about. I'm an eclectic,...studying, exploring, enjoying a variety of schools, sciences and disciplines. The UB is only one of many different religious texts in my library.

You apparently have much to learn.

Caino can speak for himself, but I gather hes more geared to approach it as shared above, as a thread to discuss religious concepts found in the papers that relate to other religious belief-systems, not as a platform to proselytize.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your claims and assumptions have been dealth with here. There are no UFOs involved with or associated with the UB. Your idiocy on this point continues.......

Also....for the most part this is a thread of information and sharing of ideas presented in the UB for religious discussion. Read the OP for starters. Im not seeking converts or on a mission to save souls like some posters here are, but to share, explore and discuss religious philosophy, ideas, principles, concepts, etc. Thats all I've ever been about. I'm an eclectic,...studying, exploring, enjoying a variety of schools, sciences and disciplines. The UB is only one of many different religious texts in my library.

You apparently have much to learn.

Caino can speak for himself, but I gather hes more geared to approach it as shared above, as a thread to discuss religious concepts found in the papers that relate to other religious belief-systems, not as a platform to proselytize.

pj

You're nothing but a "UFO" salesman, and a "Twilight Zone" resident!

Gurucam

Jesus would use parables while teaching publicly to weed out the sincere truth seeker from those who were not seeking the truth. Parabolic teaching conveys great truths with the least arosal of antagonism in the mind of the hearer.

Answer the question.

What do you perceive to be the message in the following (which is the source of my claim):

Matthews: 13 KJV N.T.
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

The question is not why Jesus delivered parables . . . . as you posted). That seem to be your opinion which is not based on the KJV N.T. We cannot get into that before addressing the following questions.

Based on the above revelations, we simply want to agree or disagree on whether or not Jesus delivered only parables in all his preaching in public place, like cities and villages etc.

From the above revelations, it is confirmed that:

1. Jesus did deliver only parable to everyone in all his deliveries in cities, villages and in public every where else.

2. Parables do not in any way contain and was never intended to contain, the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven.

3. The only place where Jesus intended to and did deliver the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven was only among his disciples, in very private sessions among only them. (These are just a few deliveries, from the Lord Jesus, in the entire KJV N.T.)

These are the revelations by the Lord Jesus in the verses above. Do you agree. If you disagree, please provide what you perceive to be the message in the above verses from the Lord Jesus as recorded in the KJV N.T.

These revelations by the Lord Jesus is clearly a guide as how to use and take all His deliveries in the KJV N.T.

One will clearly err terminally, if one does not subject one's use of the KJV N.T. to these absolutely important guidance which the Lord Jesus provided in Matthews: 13 verse: 10 to 16 of the KJV N.T.

In the above Jesus was speaking privately, to only his disciples and he said: "Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."

Does this not confirm that only His disciples were given to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven? Is this not absolutely clear or would you venture to change this revelation which the Lord Jesus provided for our guidance?

This does not deny that Jesus preached the kingdom in cities and villages. This simply confirm that Jesus did not deliver the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven in cities and villages.

What indeed is your position on this matter?

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Answer the question.

What do you perceive to be the message in the following (which is the source of my claim):

The question is not why Jesus delivered parables to everyone except his disciples. That seem to be your opinion which is not based on the KJV N.T. We cannot get into that before addressing the following questions.

Based on the above revelations, we simply want to agree or disagree on whether or not Jesus delivered only parables in all his preaching in public place, like cities and villages etc.

From the above revelations, it is confirmed that:

1. Jesus did deliver only parable to everyone in all his deliveries in cities, villages and in public every where else.

2. Parables do not in any way contain and was never intended to contain, the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven.

3. The only place where Jesus intended to and did deliver the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven was only among his disciples, in very private sessions among only them. (These are just a few deliveries, from the Lord Jesus, in the entire KJV N.T.)

These are the revelations by the Lord Jesus in the verses above. Do you agree. If you disagree, please provide what you perceive to be the message in the above verses from the Lord Jesus as recorded in the KJV N.T.

These revelations by the Lord Jesus is clearly a guide as how to use and take all His deliveries in the KJV N.T.

One will clearly err terminally, if one does not subject one's use of the KJV N.T. to these absolutely important guidance which the Lord Jesus provided in Matthews: 13 verse: 10 to 16 of the KJV N.T.

In the above Jesus was speaking to only his disciples and he said: "Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."

Does this not confirm that only His disciples were given to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven? Is this not absolutely clear or would you venture to change this revelation which the Lord Jesus provided for our guidance?

* This is the answer to your question: Jesus established the "kingdom of heaven" or "kingdom of God" while on the earth. The kingdom is the spiritual fellowship of believers in the Father, the "king" would be the will of God in the heart of man. Said the Master: "The Kingdom of heaven is within you."

This spiritual fellowship of believers is in contradistinction to the religions of the mind, the religions of human authority, sacrifices, rituals, ecclesiastical authority, a Sanhedrin like organization. [unfortunately, the original gospel changed and the kingdom was replaced by an institutional church, the kingdom was then put off to the future in the minds of most Christians to be inaugurated at the second coming]

Jesus did in fact speak parables to his disciples (apostles) as well as the crowds. And not everything Jesus said was a parable. The gospel wasn't a parable it is a spiritual reality.

John 13 through 17 is ALL in private with his apostles. John wrote his book because he saw much that was omitted from the other 3 gospels.

After speaking figuratively (in private) to the apostles in John 16:1-24 he said to them:

25 “These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

29 His disciples said to Him, “See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”

Their were disciples apart from the 12 apostles who did hear the Word, they did perceive the mysteries of the kingdom, they did "see" with the eyes of the spirit what Jesus was revealing in his parables. The common people heard Jesus better than the educated religious.

Gurucam

* This is the answer to your question: Jesus established the "kingdom of heaven" or "kingdom of God" while on the earth. The kingdom is the spiritual fellowship of believers in the Father, the "king" would be the will of God in the heart of man. Said the Master: "The Kingdom of heaven is within you."

This spiritual fellowship of believers is in contradistinction to the religions of the mind, the religions of human authority, sacrifices, rituals, ecclesiastical authority, a Sanhedrin like organization. [unfortunately, the original gospel changed and the kingdom was replaced by an institutional church, the kingdom was then put off to the future in the minds of most Christians to be inaugurated at the second coming]

Jesus did in fact speak parables to his disciples (apostles) as well as the crowds. And not everything Jesus said was a parable. The gospel wasn't a parable it is a spiritual reality.

John 13 through 17 is ALL in private with his apostles. John wrote his book because he saw much that was omitted from the other 3 gospels.

After speaking figuratively (in private) to the apostles in John 16:1-24 he said to them:

25 “These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

29 His disciples said to Him, “See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”

You have not answered the question.

You are posturing like a lemon used car sales man in order to sell corruption (i.e. your own made up ideas in the name of Christianity) and avoid a simple and direct answer.

Answer the question. Click the arrow for the outstanding question.

For you convenience, here is the question:

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Clearly, it seems that you have to and do, trample the above revelations by the Lord Jesus in order to promote your own erroneous ideas.

In the above Jesus was speaking privately, to only his disciples and he said: "Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."

This does not deny that Jesus preached the kingdom in cities and villages. This simply confirm that Jesus did not deliver the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven in cities and villages.

Clearly in cities, villages and other public places, Jesus spoke only about the kingdom without giving these masses of people the mysteries (or secrets) through which they can earn entry into God's kingdom of heaven. (Therefore your claim or assumption that you can rely on these deliveries which Jesus made in cities and villages for the secrets of God's kingdom of heaven is very uninformed and erroneous. It might just be the teaching of false prophets who came in Jesus name)

This is absolutely supported by other revelations in the KJV N.T.

However, first, you have to give your perception of the total message in the above revelations from the KJV N.T.

You cannot simply deny and/or undermine these revelations and move on to promoting what seem to be your own conflicting corruption.

Please stop and fully and forthrightly address one thing at a time.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

You have not answered the question.

You are posturing like a lemon used car sales man in order to sell corruption (i.e. your own made up ideas in the name of Christianity) and avoid a simple and direct answer.

For you convenience, here is the question:

Clearly, it seems that you have to and do, trample the above revelations by the Lord Jesus in order to promote your own erroneous ideas.

What indeed is your position on this matter?[/COLOR]

Grand inquisitor Gurucam, I have answered the primary baited question in your poorly constructed trap, woven from erroneous presuppositions.

* Some of what was reveled to the apostles in private was revealed after Jesus left, primarily that he was the Son of God incarnate; the existential personification of the Father. However, he had eluded to these truths in his public teachings enough to get him rejected, charged with blasphemy and killed.

You can bully, huff and puff and call me all the names you want, I know what Jesus said. When you cherry pick the scripture for your own self righteous "special angle" then you are just going to get your back side handed back to you on a platter:

John 18:20​

"The high priest then questioned Jesus about His disciples, and about His teaching. Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world; I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all the Jews come together; and I spoke nothing in secret. "Why do you question Me? Question those who have heard what I spoke to them; they know what I said." …​

Gurucam

Grand inquisitor Gurucam, I have answered the primary baited question in your poorly constructed trap, woven from erroneous presuppositions.

* Some of what was reveled to the apostles in private was revealed after Jesus left, primarily that he was the Son of God incarnate; the existential personification of the Father. However, he had eluded to these truths in his public teachings enough to get him rejected, charged with blasphemy and killed.

You can bully, huff and puff and call me all the names you want, I know what Jesus said. When you cherry pick the scripture for your own self righteous "special angle" then you are just going to get your back side handed back to you on a platter:

John 18:20​

"The high priest then questioned Jesus about His disciples, and about His teaching. Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world; I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all the Jews come together; and I spoke nothing in secret. "Why do you question Me? Question those who have heard what I spoke to them; they know what I said." …​

Assume that I know nothing.

All that I am asking is: What do you perceive to be the message in the following (which is the source of my claim):

If I do not clearly know what you understand from these revelations I cannot appreciate your further postings.

The above verses speaks of many things, like the eyes to see etc.. You are promoting a particular idea about Christianity or about an approach to Christianity which is based on Matthew 9:35 .

In my possible foolish way I perceive that the above revelations (re. Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16) are the anchor on which one can and must use the KJV N.T., including Matthew 9:35.

I am simply asking you to take the verses in Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16, one by one and render them in Modern English as you discern them. Other wise we will both be reading different messages in them and while you and I continue on to say one thing . . . . we will both easily and commonly take each other postings to have totally different meanings from the ones which we intended.

There would be no basis for communication, without the pains of adequate explanations and accountability at every point.

This question is based on my first reply to your post and it is still outstanding.

Dear Caino, Click the little arrow.

Fact is I see Matthew 9:35 (which you relied on) as being subject-able to Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16.

Let us air out this totally and forthrightly. Starting of course with Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16

Can these revelations in Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16 be the son of man, Lord Jesus' instructions on how one must take and use all his 'son of man' deliveries in the KJV N.T.? We are not necessarily or other wise taking about what the disciples said on their own (either before or after Jesus physical departure). You can bring these in later. However now we should explore this (i.e. Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16) totally and carefully before moving to other revelations by the son of man, Lord Jesus.

Let us discern if we have some common grounds with respect to our perceptions of these starting revelations in Matthews: 13 verses: 10 to 16.

Is this not how one seeks truth and Truth? This is no inquisition. It is simply loving, devoted, careful, complete and fair inquiry in the interest of truth and Truth.

You claims must be able to stand up to scrutiny under KJV N.T. revelations.

Last edited:

journey

You haven't a clue of what the UB even is, let alone its theology, and couldnt even take the challenge earlier of reading the first 5 papers to engage an intelligent discussion on it.
You demonize anything that doesnt fit your pre-packaged theology and preconceived notion of truth. If you were secure in your faith, you wouldnt be so distressed over one thread discussing the Urantia Book. Truth has nothing to fear, and is not limited to any one religious book or religious cult.

You cant put 'God' in a box.....neither is all powerful God worried over the diverse views and perspectives shared by many of his universe children about the nature of existence, the purpose of creation, the evolution of souls, etc., since at the root of all is one universal reality, although it may be interpreted in different terms and languages.

I recall either in a PM or elsewhere that Knight said we can have one thread on the UB, so if he has now changed his mind....he'll have to convey that. Otherwise leave the thread unless you can engage in a discussion, which you haven't shown as of yet. All you do is WHINE, and repeat your own religious programming.

Also you've been corrected here before.....the UB has nothing to do with UFOs and its a collection of papers (compiled as a book)....Not a cult. Your ignorance does nothing to support your case.

pj

I quoted Knight's messages for you in the thread, and they are dated. That should be more than enough for you. It's now a matter of taking much more than a hint. By the way, I agree with Knight - the Urantia UFO cult garbage is WHACKY and needs to be taken elsewhere.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear Urantia people. Wouldn't you be happier on a forum that was more receptive to your beliefs??

Seriously.... I think you guys are pure nuts.

I'm sure you are all really nice folks in person but this stuff just doesn't seem to fit here on TOL. I can't continue to protect you from other members that want to mock your because frankly I agree with them.

Maybe the time has come for you to move on. :dunno:
I am here again to remind you that this stuff is slurry. It will not be protected here. If you want to discuss it without detractors coming into your thread, take it someplace else. I think you are a bunch of ninneyhammers for believing this garbage.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I am here again to remind you that this stuff is slurry. It will not be protected here. If you want to discuss it without detractors coming into your thread, take it someplace else. I think you are a bunch of ninneyhammers for believing this garbage.

Jesus had the same kind of hatful religious detractors as did the prophets. He sent his life again and we already know the hard hearted Pharisee types will hate us as well as the Word of the Lord contained within it. Same thing different century. We will just ignore the trolls, the house divided has thousands of other threads to attack each other on.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

They asked a question here.

Only the sincere at heart, validated by the spirit within their hearts, could see the light of the Word in his teachings.

^^ditto^^, if one has the sincere spirit they will understand and receive more, for the purely religious even that which they had would be taken away. This is an eternal truth, it is still true today.

This is an indirect way of sorting out the sincere from the "religious club members only"

^^ditio^^ one can be a devout follower of religious doctrine and dogma, of ritual, yet not know the Living spirit of God within.

Same is still true, we can speak new revelation on this thread and the merely religious will just hate us and remain clueless.

yes, blessed and very grateful to be spirit born and truth discerning.

BTW, it's not Just Matthew 35, it's wherever Jesus and the 12 taught the original gospel before Paul arrived and taught his new version. For Paul he was never taught by Jesus either publically or privately with the other 12. He had a spiritual rebirth and just happened to be the first great evangelist while the Christin religion was being born during his preaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.