The Imaginary Covenant of Grace

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
There is a misguided idea out there that God has two Covenants, one being the Law and the other being the imaginary Covenant of Grace found nowhere in scripture. Lol

I have a problem with this. Because this 2 covenant theory implies that God saved people by works in one part of the history of mankind and now God saves people by grace.

God has only saved anyone who has ever been saved by grace alone.

If this is not how the 2 covenant theory is supposed to be soteriologically understood then tell me what is meant by a covenant of law and a covenant of grace (that is found nowhere in scripture).

The bible doesn't need to spell out a covenant of grace because grace has always been the method of salvation.

See Avatar

Amen

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God has no covenant with Gentiles or Jews during this dispensation of grace.

It's known as the Abrahamic covenant.

And the Scripture foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”

So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. (Galatians 3:8-9 NKJV)​

The Abrahamic covenant is a covenant of faith not works.

But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident for “the just shall live by faith.” (Galatians 3:11 NKJV)

...that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14 NKJV)​

musterion

Receiving blessings from a covenant that God made with another Him making that covenant WITH YOU.

A covenant has a condition, somewhere, that one or both parties agree to meet. Grace has no conditions. We all are under grace. No covenant was made during this dispensation of grace with Gentiles or Jews.

beloved57

Receiving blessings from a covenant that God made with another Him making that covenant WITH YOU.

A covenant has a condition, somewhere, that one or both parties agree to meet. Grace has no conditions. We all are under grace. No covenant was made during this dispensation of grace with Gentiles or Jews.

In my Faith Christ fulfilled the conditions of the Everlasting Covenant, that is why He's called the Surety of it Hebrew 7:22 !

Dialogos

As a TULIP subscriber, I have no objection to your post.

As another 5 pointer, I don't either.

I do think that the New Covenant is the fulfillment of God's gracious redemptive purposes, and I also think that no one will be justified before God by the law.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
There are 8 covenants found in the scriptures.
1. Edenic -temporal conditional
2. Adamic - unconditional
3. Noahic - unconditional
4. Abrahamic - unconditional
5. Land - unconditional
6. Mosaic - temporal conditional
7. Davidic - unconditiona
8. New - unconditional

5 of 8 made with Israel. Gentiles were alienated from the covenants

musterion

How do you know you are Beloved when you can't know you're Elect? You may turn out to be an unloved Reprobate for all you know. Isn't it presumptive to call yourself Beloved?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There are 8 covenants found in the scriptures.
1. Edenic -temporal conditional
2. Adamic - unconditional
3. Noahic - unconditional
4. Abrahamic - unconditional
5. Land - unconditional
6. Mosaic - temporal conditional
7. Davidic - unconditiona
8. New - unconditional

5 of 8 made with Israel. Gentiles were alienated from the covenants

Many are still ignorant [and therefore not receiving the benefits] of the covenants of promises made to the Jews to which we Gentiles are made co-heirs....the Amills break off with the Joos and therefore disregard the promises made to them as merely temporal.

The gospel is the prophetic message of the coming Mill, the 1,000 year reign, the kingdom of heaven....the perfect earth...hence the gospel of the kingdom will produce miracles as signs.

The MADianites go the opposite direction and cut off the Joos until the future, this also risks forfeiting the promises made to the Joos.

...But God is gracious and blesses if'n at all possible.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
...all conditional upon faith, you have to BELIEVE in God's promise....faith is imparted to us as a free gift of God's grace [mercy].

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Many are still ignorant [and therefore not receiving the benefits] of the covenants of promises made to the Jews to which we Gentiles are made co-heirs....the Amills break off with the Joos and therefore disregard the promises made to them as merely temporal.

The gospel is the prophetic message of the coming Mill, the 1,000 year reign, the kingdom of heaven....the perfect earth...hence the gospel of the kingdom will produce miracles as signs.

The MADianites go the opposite direction and cut off the Joos until the future, this also risks forfeiting the promises made to the Joos.

...But God is gracious and blesses if'n at all possible.

Fact check this for me, what amount of scripture do we read about miracles being performed and how many years does it cover?

Maybe 5 years total?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Fact check this for me, what amount of scripture do we read about miracles being performed and how many years does it cover?

Maybe 5 years total?

Try at least 4,000 years openly and the best part of 2,000 hiddenly.

God's miracles start with God saying "Let there be light" they abound toward the Patriarchs, through the judges and prophets, through the gospels and post gospel ....until the Catholic usurpation, from whence God still worked miracles but not openly...how can God authenticate a lie? how could He bless the idolatry of the Eucharist?

God is the God of miracles from start to finish. Miracles are His hallmark....Jesus said "if I had not done the works among them which no man can do they would have no sin"

Jesus said "if you don't believe My word believe in the miracles that I do in the Father's name"

Jesus said "if the miracles done in North America had been done in Sodom it would have remained to this day"

Paul said "I come not in wisdom of man's word but in POWER And DEMONSTRATION of the Holy Spirit. that your faith might not stand in man's word but in the power of God"

beloved57

...all conditional upon faith, you have to BELIEVE in God's promise....faith is imparted to us as a free gift of God's grace [mercy].

False teaching, Those Christ lived and died for are reconciled, made right with God while they are enemies and faithless!