ECT THE FOLLY OF NOT BELIEVEING IN OSAS !!

DAN P

ZacharyB;448e! Obviously said:
Hi and if the ELECT will " get with ot " why is there Acts 2 and Covenant so-called believers and the many others cults ??

Maybe because they refuse to believe Eph 3:9 , To make all see what is the MYSTERY , is what I see , so what do you see ??

dan p

musterion

If a person says that are not saved, or could fall away, or must endure, they are right. They are not saved.

That's it right there, and all their tapdancing to avoid that conclusion is worthless blather. If someone believes God's justification and the righteousness of Christ can be received but then lost, then that person cannot allow that ANYONE can know they're saved, as in "safe," because they may lose what they're given and be cast into the Lake. There's no way around that logic. That makes them enemies of the cross; they've obviously believed a gospel that won't let them know that they're SAFE IN CHRIST, which is exactly what Paul said we can know.

way 2 go

That's it right there, and all their tapdancing to avoid that conclusion is worthless blather. If someone believes God's justification and the righteousness of Christ can be received but then lost, then that person cannot allow that ANYONE can know they're saved, as in "safe," because they may lose what they're given and be cast into the Lake. There's no way around that logic. That makes them enemies of the cross; they've obviously believed a gospel that won't let them know that they're SAFE IN CHRIST, which is exactly what Paul said we can know.
giphy.gif

so you receive the Holy Spirit only after you come to the
realization that OSAS . good to know

glorydaz

giphy.gif

so you receive the Holy Spirit only after you come to the
realization that OSAS . good to know

I'm thinking we receive the Holy Spirit when we are fully persuaded that God is able to perform what He promises.....giving us the GIFT of salvation....eternal life. We know it's not in our power to save or stay saved. I had never even heard the term OSAS, but I knew, thank the Lord, that it was not up to me....which is the rest we enter into.

way 2 go

I'm thinking we receive the Holy Spirit when we are fully persuaded that God is able to perform what He promises.....
what if you believe & confess :
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."

is it enough?
giving us the GIFT of salvation....eternal life. We know it's not in our power to save or stay saved. I had never even heard the term OSAS, but I knew, thank the Lord, that it was not up to me....which is the rest we enter into.
I agree

I believe in Once Saved Always Saved I don't believe it to be a prerequisite to salvation

glorydaz

what if you believe & confess :
Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame."

is it enough?

I agree

I believe in Once Saved Always Saved I don't believe it to be a prerequisite to salvation

Actually, I think it is all right there. We are justified and saved by believing not by enduring....not by any works of righteousness....not by anything we have done. But by simply believing. Belief is a huge word and within the belief that saves is complete and absolute trust in God and the work of the cross. :)

Danoh

Actually, I think it is all right there. We are justified and saved by believing not by enduring....not by any works of righteousness....not by anything we have done. But by simply believing. Belief is a huge word and within the belief that saves is complete and absolute trust in God and the work of the cross. :)

GD, given its derailing way back in that MAD forum thread, I never did get a chance to hear out/read what you had ever settled on as to the confess with the mouth part, there in Romans 10:10.

Just curious :)

glorydaz

GD, given its derailing way back in that MAD forum thread, I never did get a chance to hear out/read what you had ever settled on as to the confess with the mouth part, there in Romans 10:10.

Just curious :)

Not confession of sins if that's what you're worried about.

way 2 go

I agree completely

Rom 10:9-10

so after believe & confess ...

if someone learns and believes :
Mat_24:13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
(not OSAS)

saved or not saved?

glorydaz

I agree completely

Rom 10:9-10

so after believe & confess ...

if someone learns and believes :
Mat_24:13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
(not OSAS)

saved or not saved?

You sure like to ask tough questions. :)

I'll give it my best shot. I'm convinced the answer can be found in the words "believe in your heart". When someone believes in their heart, the Holy Spirit sheds the love of God abroad on their heart and with that love comes full assurance of salvation. Then when we read verses like you just pointed out, and there are many of them that can create doubt, we are not convinced to doubt in our heart. It's that peace that passes understanding. Those who merely believe with their minds can be let away by that same mind, so they are unable to find that assurance. Their faith is really in themselves and not in the Lord.

ZacharyB

I'm thinking we receive the Holy Spirit when we are fully persuaded that
God is able to perform what He promises.....giving us the GIFT of salvation....eternal life.
Lord, save us! Are you serious?
Isn't one's initial salvation experience about believing
Jesus died on the cross for his/her sins?

Yes indeed, God is very able to perform what He has promised
to those who co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit in being faithful
and going through the process of being fully sanctified unto holiness!

These are the ones who were elected before the foundation of the world.
God has seen the end from the beginning ... all of man's history!
He has seen who have co-operated in choosing to do their part of the covenant.
It is NOT similar to that idiotic "name it and claim it" doctrine ...
whereupon the foolish believer says,
"I claim my eternal salvation no matter how I live my life!"

Jesus is coming back for:
“… a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing …
holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:27)
“… holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God” (Hebrews 12:14)

Last edited:

oatmeal

Amen. :thumb:

If someone is not fully persuaded that God is able to perform what He has promised then he isn't saved....plain and simple. No assurance...no salvation. Trust God and His faithfulness or trust yourself and yours.

So your version of the gift of salvation Ephesians 2:8-9, is actually wages earned by your works, it is not actually a gift given by a loving and gracious and merciful God to someone in need of God's love and grace and mercy?

So Jesus Christ did not die on your behalf and pay for all your sins and shortcomings? Not even our inability to believe perfectly all the time from the point of receiving the gift of salvation onward?

How pathetic, why not believe Romans 5:1, I John 2:2, Romans 8:1, Romans 8:39?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

AMEN

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lord, save us! Are you serious?
Isn't one's initial salvation experience about believing
Jesus died on the cross for his/her sins?

Yes indeed, God is very able to perform what He has promised
to those who co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit in being faithful
and going through the process of being fully sanctified unto holiness!

These are the ones who were elected before the foundation of the world.
God has seen the end from the beginning ... all of man's history!
He has seen who have co-operated in choosing to do their part of the covenant.
It is NOT similar to that idiotic "name it and claim it" doctrine ...
whereupon the foolish believer says,
"I claim my eternal salvation no matter how I live my life!"

Jesus is coming back for:
“… a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing …
holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:27)
“… holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God” (Hebrews 12:14)

amen, brother.