"The End of the World(TM)"?

glorydaz

Agreed.

Agreed.

I'm not seeing the connection.

As far as I'm aware, there are still plenty of Jews scattered around the globe.

Not all Jews would rush back to Israel in one day. They have been drawn even before Israel was born a nation, and they're being drawn even unto this day.
And as RD pointed out, there are still plenty of enemies occupying the land that God promised Israel, which the current nation of Israel does not own.

I'm not talking about the Millennium Kingdom. I'm talking about the condition of the world today. Israel is surrounded by her enemies and it's clear things are looking worse with each passing day. Will the antichrist step in and make peace? We are told to be watching the signs, and that's all I'm trying to do.
Also, Israel, AKA, the Jews, not what we today call a nation (for it is just another secular nation), has not repented of her rejection of her Messiah.
Of course they haven't. That's prophesied as well. That they would be gathered in unbelief. They've not yet accepted their Messiah, but its will come when they see the power of God come upon them.
And on top of that, aside from it clearly having not been fulfilled, we don't even fully know what "the fulness of the Gentiles coming in" means, if at all. THAT has to happen first, then the Rapture, and THEN will Israel's program resume, and be the end of the world.

The fulness of the Gentiles is the rapture of the church. That's when the antichrist and false prophet will arrive on the scene. IMHO.

The one world government, the one world religion, the development of AI and digital currency, and the digital health organization. Heck, even being like the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.....even worse. Yep, the signs are right here.
Until the rapture happens, assume everything going on is just coincidentally similar to prophecy, but does not actually fulfill it.
Also recognize that, if Scripture is any indication, there will be some prophecies that go unfulfilled, and thus, even if they are even if such prophecies are given by God, they may never come to pass, and should not be taken as if they are a 100% accurate prediction of the future. Even the length of the Tribulation will be shortened, as Jesus said as quoted by Matthew and Mark.

Of course the Prophecies are 100 percent accurate. That God can shorten a time (in fact says He will shorten it), doesn't mean every single prophecy won't be fulfilled. We're just watching it unfold....giving us an urgency to share the Gospel every chance the Lord gives us.

No sense arguing about prophecies. We should be on top of what we're seeing unfold before our very eyes.

glorydaz

Yes there is, to stop the Democratic ideology.

You can do that and vote Republican, it's not either-or.
That would be nice, but it's not showing signs of slowing down. It's like a giant boulder has been pushed off the cliff and it's heading downhill fast. But, that just means Jesus is going to gather the believers "up hither" and proceed with His judgement and wrath.

Right Divider

Body part
Jeremiah 16:
14 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that it shall no more be said, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; 15 But, The Lord liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.
Again... this is incomplete. In other words, it has not yet happened.

There is still a great deal of the "land that God gave unto their fathers" that is in the possession of nations and peoples other than Israel. There are still a great many Jews scattered around the world.

Again you pick a few verses that you like and ignore the rest.

Read Ezekiel 36 again.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not all Jews would rush back to Israel in one day. They have been drawn even before Israel was born a nation, and they're being drawn even unto this day.

In other words, nothing has changed...

I'm not talking about the Millennium Kingdom.

Neither am I.

I'm talking about the condition of the world today. Israel is surrounded by her enemies and it's clear things are looking worse with each passing day.

Yes, and? If God could make a new people out of one person, why does the current nation called Israel have to be the one with which the end of the world happens?

Will the antichrist step in and make peace?

The Antichrist will not show up until after the rapture, as far as I'm aware. And when he does, it will be extremely obvious to those who turn to Jesus as their Messiah.

We are told to be watching the signs, and that's all I'm trying to do.

Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven.He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’;and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed. - Matthew 16:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew16:1-4&version=NKJV

The one world government,

NATO and the UN (as in, "un"godly) are certainly evil organizations. But they aren't necessarily the "one-world government."

the one world religion,

I'm not aware of any "one world religion" in existence.

the development of AI

An advancement in tool technology, nothing more.

and digital currency,

The medium we use for money has changed before.

It hasn't always been physical coins or paper slips. Money hasn't been around forever either.

I reccomend you go read Bob's article on what money is again.

and the digital health organization.

Again, an advancement in medical technology and treatment options. It doesn't inherently mean the end of the world is right around the corner.

Heck, even being like the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.....even worse. Yep, the signs are right here.

Nations have died before after descending into sexual immorality. It's nothing new. You have to remember that America is just another nation in the grand scheme of things.

If America dies, it's not the end of the world. Life will go on. It may be through a thousand years of darkness, but the world will continue until Christ returns.

Of course the Prophecies are 100 percent accurate.

We simply don't know what will and what will not be fulfilled.

That God can shorten a time (in fact says He will shorten it), doesn't mean every single prophecy won't be fulfilled.

Again, if the rest of the prophecies in the Bible are any indication, there may be some that go unfulfilled.

We're just watching it unfold....giving us an urgency to share the Gospel every chance the Lord gives us.

Preaching the gospel is a given, regardless of if it's the end of the world or not.

No sense arguing about prophecies. We should be on top of what we're seeing unfold before our very eyes.

Did you forget that your entire position is based on the fulfillment of prophecies?

Rather ironic that you say "we shouldn't argue about prophecies"... Unless you're just trying to force the issue, in which case, yes, let's discuss the prophecies, so that we can determine what to believe.

glorydaz

Again... this is incomplete. In other words, it has not yet happened.

There is still a great deal of the "land that God gave unto their fathers" that is in the possession of nations and peoples other than Israel. There are still a great many Jews scattered around the world.

Again you pick a few verses that you like and ignore the rest.

Read Ezekiel 36 again.
You keep assuming I'm saying this has already happened. Of course it hasn't happened, but is exactly what we're to be looking for. In fact, we're told to comfort one another as we look around at the world today, and recognize that prophecy is being fulfilled all around us.

I'm not ignoring anything, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Personally, I was interested in prophecy back when I read Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. At the time, we couldn't even begin to imagine the technological advances that would arrive at this time. I'm not the only old person that has been watching. The unbelieving world is also amazed.

Israel was brought back in unbelief, as predicted. They're still wanting to rebuild the Temple so they can offer animal sacrifices. The antichrist has not yet appeared on the scene, but the nations are wanting a strong leader. The dry bones from Ez. have not yet been filled with the Spirit. They have not yet been through the Tribulation. I find it fascinating. Certainly not something to argue about. We either believe the Bible or we don't. We can just walk on ignoring the signs waiting for some man to show up on the scene to save us.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You keep assuming I'm saying this has already happened. Of course it hasn't happened, but is exactly what we're to be looking for. In fact, we're told to comfort one another as we look around at the world today, and recognize that prophecy is being fulfilled all around us.

I'm not ignoring anything, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Personally, I was interested in prophecy back when I read Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. At the time, we couldn't even begin to imagine the technological advances that would arrive at this time. I'm not the only old person that has been watching. The unbelieving world is also amazed.

Israel was brought back in unbelief, as predicted. They're still wanting to rebuild the Temple so they can offer animal sacrifices. The antichrist has not yet appeared on the scene, but the nations are wanting a strong leader. The dry bones from Ez. have not yet been filled with the Spirit. They have not yet been through the Tribulation. I find it fascinating. Certainly not something to argue about. We either believe the Bible or we don't. We can just walk on ignoring the signs waiting for some man to show up on the scene to save us.

How many of the "End Times" preachers have died of old age?

glorydaz

In other words, nothing has changed...

Neither am I.

Yes, and? If God could make a new people out of one person, why does the current nation called Israel have to be the one with which the end of the world happens?

The Antichrist will not show up until after the rapture, as far as I'm aware. And when he does, it will be extremely obvious to those who turn to Jesus as their Messiah.

Then the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and testing Him asked that He would show them a sign from heaven.He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’;and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed. - Matthew 16:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew16:1-4&version=NKJV

NATO and the UN (as in, "un"godly) are certainly evil organizations. But they aren't necessarily the "one-world government."

I'm not aware of any "one world religion" in existence.

An advancement in tool technology, nothing more.

The medium we use for money has changed before.

It hasn't always been physical coins or paper slips. Money hasn't been around forever either.

I reccomend you go read Bob's article on what money is again.

Again, an advancement in medical technology and treatment options. It doesn't inherently mean the end of the world is right around the corner.

Nations have died before after descending into sexual immorality. It's nothing new. You have to remember that America is just another nation in the grand scheme of things.

If America dies, it's not the end of the world. Life will go on. It may be through a thousand years of darkness, but the world will continue until Christ returns.

We simply don't know what will and what will not be fulfilled.

Again, if the rest of the prophecies in the Bible are any indication, there may be some that go unfulfilled.

Preaching the gospel is a given, regardless of if it's the end of the world or not.

Did you forget that your entire position is based on the fulfillment of prophecies?

Rather ironic that you say "we shouldn't argue about prophecies"... Unless you're just trying to force the issue, in which case, yes, let's discuss the prophecies, so that we can determine what to believe.
I forgot I'm on the "We know it all forum".

I realize it's more important to hash out if God can lie or not. After all, man can show everyone just how intelligent he is.

Right Divider

Body part
You keep assuming I'm saying this has already happened.
You said that the creation of the current nation of Israel was a fulfillment of prophecy.
You cherry-picked a verse from Isaiah while ignoring the rest of the same passage.
Of course it hasn't happened, but is exactly what we're to be looking for.
Yes, like we've been saying... a future fulfillment of prophecy.
In fact, we're told to comfort one another as we look around at the world today, and recognize that prophecy is being fulfilled all around us.
Please quote the scripture that describes comforting one another because we see prophecy for Israel being fulfilled.
I'm not ignoring anything, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything.
"We either believe the Bible or we don't". That is a backhanded way of accusing me/us of not believing the Bible. That is a false accusation.
Personally, I was interested in prophecy back when I read Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. At the time, we couldn't even begin to imagine the technological advances that would arrive at this time. I'm not the only old person that has been watching. The unbelieving world is also amazed.
I don't see the relevance here to the creation of the current nation of Israel.
Are you again accusing me/us of not believing in prophecy entirely?
Israel was brought back in unbelief, as predicted.
Please quote the appropriate scripture.
They're still wanting to rebuild the Temple so they can offer animal sacrifices.
Indeed.
The antichrist has not yet appeared on the scene, but the nations are wanting a strong leader.
Yes.
The dry bones from Ez. have not yet been filled with the Spirit.
True.
They have not yet been through the Tribulation.
True.
I find it fascinating. Certainly not something to argue about. We either believe the Bible or we don't. We can just walk on ignoring the signs waiting for some man to show up on the scene to save us.
Stop making false accusations about me/our not believing the Bible.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you don't see anything in prophecy about the Jews returning to their land after thousands of years? That it was a nation born in a day? Isaiah 66. It's just a coincidence? Rather, it seems to coincide with what we're seeing with Israel today, and is exactly according to prophecy.

God doesn't do this for Israel's sake, but for His own name's sake. Israel has always been a disobedient nation, so nothing new there. How else shall all of Israel be saved? A remnant will survive the great tribulation, right?

Ezekiel 36:22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
Hey Glory!

There is a lot that can be said about the end days. A LOT.
And I'm willing to discuss it with you without berating each other or insulting each other for the way we see it because there are tons of well-meaning Christians that view it in different ways but keep on studying it step by step and could very well change their view along the way.

You mentioning that God does it for His own name sake (not Israel's name sake) is spot on and it is repeated many times in scripture.

Scripture also repeats that when Israel's exile is over and they are gathered into the land again that they will live in peace and safety and never be plucked up again.
And that all nations will KNOW that YHWH is the God of gods, THE Most High God and He will dwell with His people.

I'm not seeing that as being the case in 1948.
But 1948 does give credence that Israel is not a people that have fallen into obscurity.

glorydaz

Hey Glory!

There is a lot that can be said about the end days. A LOT.
And I'm willing to discuss it with you without berating each other or insulting each other for the way we see it because there are tons of well-meaning Christians that view it in different ways but keep on studying it step by step and could very well change their view along the way.

You mentioning that God does it for His own name sake (not Israel's name sake) is spot on and it is repeated many times in scripture.

Scripture also repeats that when Israel's exile is over and they are gathered into the land again that they will live in peace and safety and never be plucked up again.
And that all nations will KNOW that YHWH is the God of gods, THE Most High God and He will dwell with His people.

I'm not seeing that as being the case in 1948.
But 1948 does give credence that Israel is not a people that have fallen into obscurity.
Thanks Tam. Good to see you.

Yes, after they're gathered, they will live in peace. However, they are gathered in unbelief (which is where they are now), and will not turn to their Messiah until right at the end of the Tribulation. I'm even wondering if the Ezekian 38 war will be before we are raptured or after.

I do know that the Jews themselves believe God has returned them to their Promised Land. Unfortunately, their plans include animal sacrifices...which will lead their being chased out of Jerusalem itself. I'm finding these days we're living in are very "eye opening" regarding Biblical Prophecy. I'm certainly no expert, but I'm soaking it up as we see the day approach.

1 These. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks Tam. Good to see you.
Good to see you too!

Yes, after they're gathered, they will live in peace. However, they are gathered in unbelief (which is where they are now), and will not turn to their Messiah until right at the end of the Tribulation. I'm even wondering if the Ezekian 38 war will be before we are raptured or after.

I do know that the Jews themselves believe God has returned them to their Promised Land. Unfortunately, their plans include animal sacrifices...which will lead their being chased out of Jerusalem itself. I'm finding these days we're living in are very "eye opening" regarding Biblical Prophecy. I'm certainly no expert, but I'm soaking it up as we see the day approach.
So many different ways to view it.
I suppose that is why debates keep going and going.

1 These. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I have often considered that "air" and "clouds" are not meant to be taken as literal geography, but is meant to refer to the unseen spirit realm.

We have scripture that refers to Satan being the lord of the "air" (Eph 2:2) which would be about the spirit realm.
And we have scripture that refers to our Lord riding upon the clouds which would also be about the spirit realm.

Keeping in mind that the unseen spirit realm would include the heavenly spirit realm and the underworld spirit realm, neither of which are a literal geography even though we express them with geographical terms such as "up there" and "down there".
To simplify, resurrected mortals don't go to geographical air or clouds but go to the spirit realm.

Right Divider

Body part
I have often considered that "air" and "clouds" are not meant to be taken as literal geography, but is meant to refer to the unseen spirit realm.
What leads you to consider this? What in that passage make you think that it's figurative?
We have scripture that refers to Satan being the lord of the "air" (Eph 2:2) which would be about the spirit realm.
And we have scripture that refers to our Lord riding upon the clouds which would also be about the spirit realm.
Many people use this same technique to say that Genesis 1 "days" are figurative.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yeah.
For generations we have had folks say "These are very troublesome times, His return must be imminent".
It has always been a part of our faith the latter. In actuality I'm more of a meliorist wrt the former. Stars and stripes forever, for one thing.