The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
And I'm working on that. The videos I have posted address this but since you don't want to view them then you will have to wait for me to work out a way to explain it.

--Dave
Then it should be easy for you to review the videos and provide specific answers to the 4 specific questions asked:
Dave, how high up off the ground are:
1. The sun?
2. The moon?
3. The North Star?
4. The Southern Cross?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Then his dad was a fool and Knight is a fool for believing him. That's your position's only other option. Don't be a weasel.

You can't know that for sure without knowing exactly what part Knight's dad worked on.

So far all we have is Knight's assurance.

chair

No, I don't think Satan is trying to blind me since my faith is not based in either a global or flat theory of earth or if we went to the moon or not. As I have been saying, I have an interest in this subject, I don't have a life or death stake in it. But I am getting hungry so I would like to have a good steak right now. In my world, my reputation was lost a long time ago with my commitment to open theism, I have nothing to lose at this point. I do like a good debate, my advocacy for flat immovable earth and fake moon landings may or may not succeed, we will see. I don't think any one will face eternal damnation for this, do you?

--Dave

Dave,

If you don't really believe this flat earth thing, and are only playing "devil's advocate", then you have clearly proved two things:
1. You can't convince someone who is stupidly stubborn of what reality is, no matter how wrong his nutcase idea is.
2. You can waste a lot of people's time with nonsense.

So, count that as a success, close up shop and go home.

musterion

You can't know that for sure without knowing exactly what part Knight's dad worked on.

So far all we have is Knight's assurance.

Translation: Knight's dad may have lied to him and Knight would still be a fool for believing him.

Keep digging. If anybody even hinted about my dad on my site like you guys have about Knight's, I would have already perma-banned you both.

musterion

Dave,

If you don't really believe this flat earth thing, and are only playing "devil's advocate", then you have clearly proved two things:
1. You can't convince someone who is stupidly stubborn of what reality is, no matter how wrong his nutcase idea is.
2. You can waste a lot of people's time with nonsense.

So, count that as a success, close up shop and go home.

He believes it. He's just backpeddaling like a weasel now.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Happy New Year

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
Dave, remember that I said the Bible said that by "two to three witnesses" a matter should be established? Why do you think that God said "two to three" instead of just "two witnesses" or just "three witnesses"? Why not four or five?

It's that God wants us to weigh the evidence. He knows that you can use a lot of real evidence to make a case for something that isn't even remotely true. If we weigh the evidence, consider it, and match it with reality, then even with two to three witnesses we can establish facts, even if other evidence says otherwise. Now, that's not to say that we shouldn't consider all evidence. We should.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Your conclusion is not consistent with observations of stellar aberration, so it is wrong. The conclusion that is consistent with both experiments is Einstein's special relativity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberration_of_light

yadda yadda yadda, seems as though evolutionists gave up on the idea of an aether too soon.

Then started chasing lights, which led to quantum physics which just creates more rabbit holes for light to disappear into.

So really?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dave have you ever considered that Satan is trying to blind your eyes with the flat earth theory??

After all... if the earth is actually flat and not round everyone is equally fooled except for a few thousand atheists and a couple dozen Christians. Big whoop.

However.... if the earth is a sphere then Satan is making a fool of those that believe it's flat and he is ruining your testimony regarding just about any other topic including your faith. Satan is making you look silly.

This gets to the heart of my point. If the earth is flat and not sphere the grand conspiracy has little to no payoff (after all no one would blame any rational person for seeing what is obviously apparent). Conversely if the earth is a sphere and is consistent with science, reality, and common sense, then the payoff is a few thousand folks look ridiculous for denying what is obviously true. Either way, it's all a bit trivial but less trivial if the earth is in reality a sphere.

When I worked for a large telecommunications company I used to have this friend who play the most trivial pranks on me. Like he would say... "I left that folder on your chair". I would say... "Okay cool thank you". Then I would see there was no folder on my chair. And he would get all excited an say... "I didn't leave it on your chair I left on top of the file cabinet." And he would have this smirk as if he really pulled one over on me. And my reaction was like... Uh.... okay... you really got me that time :idunno: all while asking myself what the point was.

A good prank or a good conspiracy needs to have some sort of purpose or payoff so that it makes sense in the end. The lie that the earth is actually flat and not spherical has nothing. It would be just a hollow, trivial, prank.
:first: POTD! Our first one to kick off the New Year.---->POTD

Status
Not open for further replies.