Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Science explains things. It doesn't necessarily mean we fully understand things. Science can be very good at predicting but it is not always very good at explaining "why". Gravity is one of those things. It has been tested over and over again and the results are startlingly predictable (using Newton's Laws). So until it is shown that gravity DOESN'T follow that rule, it is accepted.

EDIT : I still haven't heard how a disc can reel....

Additionally with gravity, it is natural with large masses to assume a spherical shape. You look at the celestial bodies with any kind of density to them through a telescope and they are all spheres. It is the shape with the least amount of volume and smallest surface area for a given mass. Something the size of the earth due to its gravitational pull could not maintain a disc shape unless it was spinning very rapidly, but then everything would fly off of it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Incidentally, proof that light from the Sun arrives at the Earth in virtually parallel lines happened the day before yesterday (March 20th 2018).

Most of you may not have noticed but on that day the Sun rose directly East and set directly West of your location.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE where your location is!

People in Texas, Colorado, New York, California, Florida, France, Germany, Spain, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, Iran, Russia, China and Japan and anywhere else you care to name saw the Sun rise and set at 90° from the celestial pole.

Not only is that amazing, it is utterly, totally, completely and in all other ways impossible on a flat Earth, or even on a round Earth with a Sun that is only a few thousand miles away. It is proof that the Earth is a sphere and that the Sun is far away.

For those of you who aren't completely brain dead yet, you might be wondering what happened at the North and South poles.

Well, it was Sunrise/Sunset all day long, in both locations. For those at the pole, the Sun spent the entire day at 90° from the celestial pole, which at the poles is directly over head. That too is altogether impossible to explain in the so called flat Earth "model".

This will all happen again at the Fall Equinox, approximately 6 months from now. It has always happened twice a year throughout history and will happen twice a year from now until God decides to end the planet's existence and is only one of countless details that caused mankind to eventually figure out that we live on a sphere and that the Sun is very, very far away.

Clete

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I can totally relate to people being blinded by gravity and 3 dozen other "theories" to try explaining the globe. I was too at one time. "Deep Space" and quadrillions of stars and planets is hard to let go of. It's so obvious, it's in the movies so, it must be true.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Additionally with gravity, it is natural with large masses to assume a spherical shape. You look at the celestial bodies with any kind of density to them through a telescope and they are all spheres. It is the shape with the least amount of volume and smallest surface area for a given mass. Something the size of the earth due to its gravitational pull could not maintain a disc shape unless it was spinning very rapidly, but then everything would fly off of it.

Their response to this is to deny the existence of gravity and to suppose that what we feel as gravity is caused by the disc of the Earth moving through space.

The problem with that is, of course, that to create one g of force, one has to be accelerating at 9.8 meters per second per second. Accelerating something as large as the Earth at that rate would take an incomprehensible amount of energy. Where is this energy coming from? Well, God, of course!

Additionally, accelerating at one g gets you to the speed of light in less than a year. (That's assuming only Newtonian physics - the problem is far worse if Relativity is right).

Clete

drbrumley

I can totally relate to people being blinded by gravity and 3 dozen other "theories" to try explaining the globe. I was too at one time. "Deep Space" and quadrillions of stars and planets is hard to let go of. It's so obvious, it's in the movies so, it must be true.

NASA isn't a movie.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Their response to this is to deny the existence of gravity and to suppose that what we feel as gravity is caused by the disc of the Earth moving through space.

The problem with that is, of course, that to create one g of force, one has to be accelerating at 9.8 meters per second per second. Accelerating something as large as the Earth at that rate would take an incomprehensible amount of energy. Where is this energy coming from? Well, God, of course!

Additionally, accelerating at one g gets you to the speed of light in less than a year. (That's assuming only Newtonian physics - the problem is far worse if Relativity is right).

Clete

I'd bet they also deny the speed of light is a constant.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
FAKING SPACE - S2:E5 - YOU KNOW THE TESLA IN SPACE WAS FAKED, RIGHT? | FLAT EARTH

8 minutes [MENTION=1077]drbrumley[/MENTION] [MENTION=6073]CabinetMaker[/MENTION]

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
SpaceX is actually Fake-X

From Video Description : This SpaceX event is a Blatant display of deception, like never seen before, being presented as real. It is a test to all globe believers; with the intent of separating those blind followers from those on the fringe. The vast majority are blind believers in this false paradigm. If you believe this image of earth is real, you are in denial or you have been lobotomized. The fake image of earth is on a 360 degree screen around the car, when you see a glitch, notice it is only the image of earth fluttering not the car and the video camera attached to it. Spacex has already corrected some of the live feed, but they cant correct it all. Correcting live feed after the fact, shows you the real deception that is at play here, including google allowing them to edit a live feed after the fact.

9 minutes

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why not just post a link to this duplicate:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...ies-Accurate&p=5214772&viewfull=1#post5214772

Or are you losing track of all these items you run across? :AMR:

AMR
Nope, I know you'll keep track FOR me, thanks. You see, I can't link previous posts, I've tried to figure it out AND follow instructions from others with no luck. At times I encounter people new to the FE scene who haven't been keeping up or missed previous posts. Not everybody reads previous posts. I know I just posted this video but don't know which thread, my alternative would have been to quote the original post in this thread. Same difference. Thanks for you corrective input, I can't get enough of that. I may have to utilize my ignore option for you and Clete.

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I guess you missed when Musk was in Congress going over his merge with NASA, it's ok, I saw it. Watch thie videos coming up, short ones, just to confirm your faith in NASA.

They have not merged. SpaceX is still a private corporation and NASA is still a public, government entity. Odds are they will never merge.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They have not merged. SpaceX is still a private corporation and NASA is still a public, government entity. Odds are they will never merge.
I meant thay merged space programs, Elon works for NASA as the first video I posted shows him in Congress on C-Span making the deal. See for yourself, I figured you'd jump on the word "merge" without watching the Fake Space and earth images and where they got caught several times, and you wouldn't see the first minute where Elon is in Congress. Just keep posting uninformed commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.