The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl:

So your answer is planes are actually going nearly 900 mph because some moron on youtube who knows ZERO about commercial airlines said so?? I love the way he glossed over the return trip flying against the trade winds.

Furthermore... he never addresses how the plane could ever make it on fuel without making a stop.

And the most hilarious part is when he said they probably cancel flights when the trade winds are low.

Classic stuff man.... :rotfl:
Nope, under 760 mph ground speed. I suppose you think there's no wind or jet stream in the southern hemisphere. :rotfl: Classic globetard stuff. Knight thinks he showed up and in 10 minutes used a 2016 debunked assertion to prove the globe.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way.... even if commercial jetliners could fly at 900mph that wouldn't account for the vast distance that taking that suggested flight path would require to make in the time that those flights do on a daily basis.

These videos are complete rubbish. Yet you buy this crap??

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
By the way.... even if commercial jetliners could fly at 900mph that wouldn't account for the vast distance that taking that suggested flight path would require to make in the time that those flights do on a daily basis.

These videos are complete rubbish. Yet you buy this crap??
I don't know where you get 900, I didn't hear that. I heard a ground speed of under 761, which is the speed of sound. So with the wind anywhere from 100 to 160 and higher in certain paths, the math works fine for that distance and time, and they showed the math. The other video id from the cockpit of a chile.Sydney flight. I can't wait till we're all with the Lord and everybody comes and says, "You were right, Mark" :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Patrick give me an answer in your own words.....

If the trade winds are what allow a commercial jetliner to fly well over the speed of sound to make it from Sydney Australia to Santiago Chile in 12 hours (flying on a flat earth model the plane would need to be at about 1,300MPH) what explains the trip back when flying against the trade winds in just 14 hours?

After all... based on the flight path in your video the route back should take the plane a minimum of 32 hours.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Patrick give me an answer in your own words.....

If the trade winds are what allow a commercial jetliner to fly well over the speed of sound to make it from Sydney Australia to Santiago Chile in 12 hours (flying on a flat earth model the plane would need to be at about 1,300MPH) what explains the trip back when flying against the trade winds in just 14 hours?

After all... based on the flight path in your video the route back should take the plane a minimum of 32 hours.
My takeaway is that cruising speeds are about 500 and with a 100 to 150 mph wind stream they reach Ground Speed of over 700 mph but not over 761 (speed of sound). They calculated the speed, distance ad flight time and it worked out, but I didn't do the math. I only watched about one minute so far of the cockpit footage with the pilot from a Santiago.Sydney flight. I thought he said that years ago they started using the winds.

Other paths for that flight and emergency stops makes sense on FE but not a globe. I'll have to do more research on this particular flight and time of flight etc. to have a chance of explaining the RETURN trip, if there is a a non-stop the other way. To be clear, are you saying Santiago to Sydney or the other way around for the initial question?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sydney To Santiago Non Stop Flight Cockpit Video flat earth : Free ...

@Knight - I disagree with the layman about staying level while he was talking to him and not watching the controls. He said the plane should have changed altitude but I think we know that pilots can set the controls on auto pilot, so that was a dumb statement. I tried to pick up details from the pilot and will watch a couple more times in case I missed something. Apparently, ground speed is how it must me measured to account for the speed increase of the wind. I'm bad at any math above freshman college level so I have to trust others. I also have to look for return trips or trips both ways and see what I can find.

From The Link : In the cockpit talking with pilots from Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia. The flight time, mean speed of an airliner (550mph) and the distances we are told in places like Google Earth do not match up by thousands of miles. The southern circular parts of the flat earth is much longer around the dart board Earth then the northern or central circle called the Northern hemisphere. Going around the southern part of the dart board will be a much bigger circumference than the northern part, this is born out by accurate distances. On the fake globe propaganda trecking around the southern and northern hemispheres MUST be equal distances at equal latitudes, this is not observed.

nikolai_42

Those are already debunked and would would work easily on FE.

A hundred proofs the Earth is not a globe - The Flat Earth Wiki

Flight%20Path%20Time%20Distance%20Speed%20Sydney%20Santiago%20Flat%20Earth%20SteemTruth.jpg

Having gone through that list I can only say how ironic it is that FEers have to rely on circular reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Why is my eyewitness testimony not enough for you? You claim your eyewitness accounts are sufficient for proving the Earth is flat but why is my eyewitness account ignored? Do you a double standard you use when listening to eyewitness accounts of others?

Time lapse photography is obviously better than personal experience because it can be shared. I'm not saying you're wrong but I can not confirm it either.

--Dave

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sydney To Santiago Non Stop Flight Cockpit Video flat earth : Free ...

@Knight - I disagree with the layman about staying level while he was talking to him and not watching the controls. He said the plane should have changed altitude but I think we know that pilots can set the controls on auto pilot, so that was a dumb statement. I tried to pick up details from the pilot and will watch a couple more times in case I missed something. Apparently, ground speed is how it must me measured to account for the speed increase of the wind. I'm bad at any math above freshman college level so I have to trust others. I also have to look for return trips or trips both ways and see what I can find.

From The Link : In the cockpit talking with pilots from Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia. The flight time, mean speed of an airliner (550mph) and the distances we are told in places like Google Earth do not match up by thousands of miles. The southern circular parts of the flat earth is much longer around the dart board Earth then the northern or central circle called the Northern hemisphere. Going around the southern part of the dart board will be a much bigger circumference than the northern part, this is born out by accurate distances. On the fake globe propaganda trecking around the southern and northern hemispheres MUST be equal distances at equal latitudes, this is not observed.
A few observations from the video above in my second viewing. The pilot does talk about the head winds and the flight in both directions. Buenos Aires to Sydney is the longest non-stop flight for an airliner and takes up to 16 hours 45 minutes in flight time alone. He'a hard to understand but I'll watch again because he only mentions the winds and the flight back the other way and doesn't seem to address those two issues again. Still interesting to hear from the pilot and that they were the first airline to dip down into the winds at such a latitude, up to 72 degrees. Freezing of the fuel happens which tells me why it's so hard to fly over the fake continent and why we have possibly never been to the "edge".

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You see, Dave, here's the thing. I just do not believe you. You cannot be this stupid! You just flat out cannot be this stupid!

What the hell are you actually doing here? Do you have some sort of dementia? Did you fall down and hit your head or have some sort of car accident?

That video isn't even sort of slightly convincing! Its literal STUPIDITY David! I think you know that its stupidity and that you are here intentionally lying about this "I will continue to explore both models" crap. There's no comparison between the two models! The flat-earth nonsense is so mind warpingly stupid that it doesn't even qualify as a model! Why are you doing this?

I'll tell you this for sure. If I had seen this flat earth insanity from you first, I'd have never - never - given anything you say about ANYTHING a second thought. Not one single thing. You're either stupid or you're lying. Which is it? Either way, you've disgraced yourself with this nonsense. You're an embarrassment to not just Open Theism but to the whole of Christianity, to America, to your neighborhood and to anything else to stand for or believe. An embarrassment, David. You've be-clowned yourself and ought to be ashamed.

Clete

:first: Post of the day!

daqq

So where's the earth begin and end? Seriously!

I mean the earth has to start somewhere right?

I suppose it must begin at one side of the ice wall and end at the opposite side of the ice wall for the FE'ers. However I remember seeing somewhere that if you can spare about $1200.00 you can take a Qantas sightseeing tour that flies over Antarctica, from New Zealand, and it even flies right over the south pole. There was a anti-flat-earth blog that had tickets posted and information but I cannot seem to find it in my search history now, (I was searching for something else when I found it and do not remember the keywords).

In a quick search I just found this tour which departs from Australia:

The World's Most Unique Day Tour
Antarctica In A Day

Sightseeing Flights over Antarctica from Australia
We operate one day sightseeing flights over Antarctica departing from Australia every summer. Taking around 12 hours, the flights are the easiest way to view this great white Continent. No passports are needed and you are kept warm and safe with a drink in hand while our privately chartered Qantas 747 glides effortlessly over amazing scenery.

WHAT TO EXPECT
The flight provides a full day of Antarctic experience. Our flight from Australia ranges between 9,500 – 10,500kms round trip (approximately 12.5 hours) depending on your departure city. Expert Antarctic expeditioners are onboard to talk on the polar environment and its history while video screenings depict life on the ground.

Approximately three hours south of Australia, passengers will usually see the first scattered ice followed by dozens of icebergs and ice floes. We then cross the South Magnetic Pole where you will start to view the rugged mountainous topography of the Antarctic mainland."

http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au/

"We then cross the South Magnetic Pole" . . . Hmmm . . . :)

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The "we never went to the moon" aspect of this thread is getting lost in all the flat earth redundant content. How can anyone in this day and age, where every "secret" is fodder for the sensationalist seeker, assume that the landing on the moon was some vast conspiracy fakery?

Not to mention the assumption that the ISS is all make-believe, and events such as this one are but theatrical make-believe put on by "those in the know about the secret flat earth and fake moon landing":

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/feb/02/cosmic-classroom-tim-peake-science-lesson-from-space

It is as if when a new President takes office, the person is presented with some folder containing "global secrets" about the moon landing, Roswell, the flat earth, etc. The level of effort by co-conspirators to maintain such "secrets" simply begs the question of the veracity of such things.

All of which accounts for the tantalizing appeal of these sort of conspiracy theories, for some persons like to believe they are in possession of some secret knowledge the hoi polloi are ignorant about. Gnosticism abounds. :AMR:

AMR

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The "we never went to the moon" aspect of this thread is getting lost in all the flat earth redundant content. How can anyone in this day and age, where every "secret" is fodder for the sensationalist seeker, assume that the landing on the moon was some vast conspiracy fakery?

Not to mention the assumption that the ISS is all make-believe, and events such as this one are but theatrical make-believe put on by "those in the know about the secret flat earth and fake moon landing":

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/feb/02/cosmic-classroom-tim-peake-science-lesson-from-space

It is as if when a new President takes office, the person is presented with some folder containing "global secrets" about the moon landing, Roswell, the flat earth, etc. The level of effort by co-conspirators to maintain such "secrets" simply begs the question of the veracity of such things.

All of which accounts for the tantalizing appeal of these sort of conspiracy theories, for some persons like to believe they are in possession of some secret knowledge the hoi polloi are ignorant about. Gnosticism abounds. :AMR:

AMR
No, Presidents re not told, they are temporary employees. SOME world leaders MIGHT know, but you should know how conspiracies work. Tell me ALL the people you think would have to be "in on it". We can rule out pilots and satellite employees and I can explain why if need be. Who's left? Astro Nots, leaders, military?

Every organization, military, corporation etc. has levels of knowledge, hierarchies. 99% of those"involved" don't even know. As far as gnosticism, that's a stretch. The moon landings were obviously Fake and I saw the entire interview afterwards. Scripted and all three were dishonest and deceptive. The footage does not lie. I'm surprised you believe we went there.

No secret knowledge either, no special wisdom. Believing flat earth is possible through scripture and evidence is completely Christian and it's just your delicate sensibilities being assaulted that gets you worked up. You'll be OK.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

nikolai_42

No, Presidents re not told, they are temporary employees. SOME world leaders MIGHT know, but you should know how conspiracies work. Tell me ALL the people you think would have to be "in on it". We can rule out pilots and satellite employees and I can explain why if need be. Who's left? Astro Nots, leaders, military?

Every organization, military, corporation etc. has levels of knowledge, hierarchies. 99% of those"involved" don't even know. As far as gnosticism, that's a stretch. The moon landings were obviously Fake and I saw the entire interview afterwards. Scripted and all three were dishonest and deceptive. The footage does not lie. I'm surprised you believe we went there.

No secret knowledge either, no special wisdom. Believing flat earth is possible through scripture and evidence is completely Christian and it's just your delicate sensibilities being assaulted that gets you worked up. You'll be OK.

giphy.gif

If all the satellite and aircraft and GPS manufacturers are all willing dupes, how do they design, build and maintain their respective system based on such a faulty model? Especially one where they may be forced to base critical calculations on something as foundational as Newton’s Laws of Motion? It may seem plausible to say your senses make certain science nonsense, but those laws don’t exist in a vacuum. They hold together and the cost of changing just one of them can result in denying many others. That’s why all the circular reasoning is needed to keep at least FE “reasonable”. Even then there are some wrong “facts” such as that list of 100 FE saying Antarctica doesn’t experience the long day of summer like the Arctic (#37 if memory serves). It may not be exactly equal at each pole but the earth tilts. Which, I might add, is consistent with Isaiah 24:20. How does a disc “reel”?

Last edited:

nikolai_42

The earth doesn't reel. Only God does that in anger and wrath, the earth only moves due to God, it is otherwise immovable per many scriptures. Context. As for the laws of motion, they maybe accurate. You might be surprised to learn that the math and calculations work the same in flat earth.

The earth, in that verse, does reel. It is not a normal event, no, but this is a description of the earth doing something because of God's judgement. But that still leaves the question unanswered : how does a disc reel?

As for Newton's laws, F=GMm/r^2 comes to mind. Gravity can NOT operate the same on a flat object as it can a sphere (or something globe-shaped). That radial variable takes on a whole new meaning when you don't have a consistent radius. That equation has been borne out over centuries and consistently applied. For a FE, the first question I have is where the center of mass for the earth is so you can determine r? Gravity at the edge cannot operate anywhere near the same way as it does in the center (of a disc).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The earth, in that verse, does reel. It is not a normal event, no, but this is a description of the earth doing something because of God's judgement. But that still leaves the question unanswered : how does a disc reel?

As for Newton's laws, F=GMm/r^2 comes to mind. Gravity can NOT operate the same on a flat object as it can a sphere (or something globe-shaped). That radial variable takes on a whole new meaning when you don't have a consistent radius. That equation has been borne out over centuries and consistently applied. For a FE, the first question I have is where the center of mass for the earth is so you can determine r? Gravity at the edge cannot operate anywhere near the same way as it does in the center (of a disc).
I'm not good with equations science and math but I firmly believe that gravity is greatly overrated, credited and used to explain too much. It's a theory and took the Mason 500 pages to try explaining. The mass on flat earth would likely be at the north pole, the center of flat earth. Many, even now today are researching and finding much evidence of much more electromagnetism affecting the earth and the cosmos. Electric Universe : Thunderbolt Project - I just don't think we know as much as we think we do, nikolai.

I'm not discounting science and math because they work and HELP us understand everything. Yet, can anyone please tell me exactly how many theories are involved with the big bang, space/time, evolution, relativity, spooky action, multi-verses, dark matter, dark energy and all of the theories that are needed to explain globes, planets and "outer space"? There must be over a dozen for sure, all theories, like gravity and flat earth. I can't find the information or a list on Google for space/earth related theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.