The cigar lounge

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
If you never have more than 15 cigars on hand you will never need to buy anything other than a travel humidor and a humidipak.

(each Humidipak lasts about 2 months)

I like your new humidor, that is a handsome piece.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Humidor update.

Top is filled with my collection. Best sticks on the right (of course), and lessor sticks on the left.

43a5ec6c-656b-1f6c.jpg

Bottom side are my Humidipaks and my son and his buddies cigars.

43a5ec6c-65a2-b8ad.jpg

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Er, if "I may have the first item on the right top-shelf, I will gladly pay you on Tuesday." ;)

"Will post for cigars."

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Humidor update.

Top is filled with my collection. Best sticks on the right (of course), and lessor sticks on the left.

Bottom side are my Humidipaks and my son and his buddies cigars.

Very Nice, I like the glass top that you can look in without opening. I'll get a new one when my kids get older and I can leave it out to be seen. I have a nice one now but, not as nice as yours..not coveting or anything LOL

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another tip:

Humidor temperature should never exceed 74 degrees F. Above that temp tobacco beetle eggs hatch and you will potentially have a nightmare on your hands.

And, yes, you smoke unhatched eggs from time to time. Sigh.

Then again, Peanut Butter has a small percentage of insect parts, so don't fret. ;)

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Another tip:

Humidor temperature should never exceed 74 degrees F. Above that temp tobacco beetle eggs hatch and you will potentially have a nightmare on your hands.

And, yes, you smoke unhatched eggs from time to time. Sigh.

Then again, Peanut Butter has a small percentage of insect parts, so don't fret. ;)

AMR

Most good cigar makers place their cigars in a vacuum chamber to kill the eggs. You are correct though,it is one way to lose you cigar cache entirely.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most good cigar makers place their cigars in a vacuum chamber to kill the eggs. You are correct though,it is one way to lose you cigar cache entirely.
Quite correct, RM! The tip is for those that smoke cigars that don't quite make the "good cigar makers" cut. ;)

AMR

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A moment in history.

A moment in history.

(Announcer's voice.... :singer:)

And now for a moment in history with a cigar smoking statesman.

Sir Winston Churchill was rarely seen without a cigar in hand (or mouth).

What were his brands of choice?

According to one website:

Winston Churchill's cigar tastes were limited to a small number of favored suppliers. In particular Churchill's favorite cigar brands included Romeo y Julieta cigars and (the no longer available) La Aroma de Cuba. Churchill's cigar consumption was between 6 and 10 a day and he maintained a supply of several thousand in a room near his study in Chartwell. Winston usually smoked his cigars down to a couple of inches, these would in later years were collected and given to his gardener - the tobacco to be smoked in his pipe.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Quite correct, RM! The tip is for those that smoke cigars that don't quite make the "good cigar makers" cut. ;)

AMR

I was at the local Golf coarse hitting a few balls on a rather warm day. I went to the snack bar to grab a drink and there was a small humidor with a box of Sancho Panza naturals there. On closer inspection I noticed the beetle infestation first hand. I told the clerk, that they (cigars) were a loss.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vaquero45, you shouldn't have deleted your post it was excellent! Pipes and cigars fit nicely in this thread and we can discuss both. :up:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like the Cinnamon smelling ones. Yum! I have always like the smell of cigars and pipes.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is what the UPS guy brought me today.

My brand new Vector Vulcon Triple Flame lighter. Once I get some filtered butane I will let ya know how this puppy handles. I can tell you that the packaging was phenomenal.
43a5ec6c-a574-0e8d.jpg

And 5 C.A.O. CX2 Robusto's that I got for dirt cheap on Cigar Monster.
43a5ec6c-a582-94af.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Here is what the UPS guy brought me today.

My brand new Vector Vulcon Triple Flame lighter. Once I get some filtered butane I will let ya know how this puppy handles. I can tell you that the packaging was phenomenal.

And 5 C.A.O. CX2 Robusto's that I got for dirt cheap on Cigar Monster.

The lighter looks really classy and the cigars look phenomenal. Flame on and enjoy...Cheers