Theology Club: The Beginning of the Present Dispensation Was at Acts 13

DAN P

I am not sure why Jerry has a hangup about the gospel of God, Romans 1:1-4 (KJV), being a foundation truth for both churches in Acts.

Hi and this is why Mid-Acts was chosen , so that Acts 13 and Acts 11 and Acts 28 people could worship with Acts 9 and we even had Acts 2 in our assembly .

Not one caused any problem , but Acts 28 did one time . You have noticed that Acts 13 have one foot in the Gospels and the other in Grace !!

dan p

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

I am not sure why Jerry has a hangup about the gospel of God, Romans 1:1-4 (KJV), being a foundation truth for both churches in Acts.

What is the "foundation truth" found in the the gospel of God which is for both churches in Acts?

Please quote the verse or verses which back up your claim.

DAN P

What is the "foundation truth" found in the the gospel of God which is for both churches in Acts?

Hi and Israel was in COVENANT relationship with God , the OT , you know that >

And Paul was chosen to minister and preach the dispensation of the MYSTERY in 1 Cor 9:17 ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and Israel was in COVENANT relationship with God , the OT , you know that >

And Paul was chosen to minister and preach the dispensation of the MYSTERY in 1 Cor 9:17 ??

That does not answer the question which I asked STP. Here it is again:

Shasta

What, a THIRD Gospel? There is no internal evidence in Romans that supports such a thing. Constructing such a thing requires not exegesis but inferencing upon assumptions based on presuppositions. It reminds me of the Supreme Court claiming that something in the text of the Constitution based on "auras of penumbras"

DAN P

What, a THIRD Gospel? There is no internal evidence in Romans that supports such a thing. Constructing such a thing requires not exegesis but inferencing upon assumptions based on presuppositions. It reminds me of the Supreme Court claiming that something in the text of the Constitution based on "auras of penumbras"

Hi and IF you would see what the Greek text says , you will find 6 Gospels !!

#1 , Rom 1:1 uses the Greek word for Gospel , EVAGGELION !!

#2 , Gal 2:7 uses thre Greek word for Gospel / EVAGGELION only for PAUL'S Gospel and most do not see that in verse 7 Peter's message is not called a gospel , do you know WHY ??:bang::bang:

Same Greek word used here EVAGGELION !!

#3 , In Gal 3:8 The Greek for Gospel is PRFO EUAGGELIZO MAI or PROEUAGGELIZOMAI means , to announce before hand , see G4283 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

If you want to discuss these things with STP you better get used to his assertions which are based on nothing but thin air!

That is his modus operandi.

Having made this point would Paul have approved of some alternative "Jewish Gospel" partially based on the Law? The strong all-inclusive language he uses in Romans 3 precludes any deviation from the one message of Grace that he taught.

The "good news" or gospel which Paul preached to the Jews here is not based on the law:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

The Jews who believed this gospel were saved when they were given life by being born of God:

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:31).​

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1,4-5).​

This news was certainly "good news" or gospel to the Jews and believing that "good news" brought salvation to all who believed it:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel (good news) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:16).​

The "good news" of Christ which was first preached to the Jews is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that all those Jews who believed that gospel were saved.

So that instance of "good news" perfectly fits what is said at Romans 1:16 concerning the "good news" of Christ

DAN P

That does not answer the question which I asked STP. Here it is again:

Hi and I did , BUT you do not believe that Israel was in COVENANT relationship with God until Acts 13:46 Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 :bang::bang:

Then God used PAUL was entrusted with a DISPENSATION , 1 Cor 9:17

Been entrusted with is in the Greek Perfect Tense , which means when SEPARATED till his death it was a CONTINUOUS preaching of the REVELATION of the MYSTERY , so you lose Jerry with your Acyts 13 ILLUSION , having part Gospel and Grace teaching , so leave the DARK side and come to the Light !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and IF you would see what the Greek text says , you will find 6 Gospels !!

#1 , Rom 1:1 uses the Greek word for Gospel , EVAGGELION !!

#2 , Gal 2:7 uses thre Greek word for Gospel / EVAGGELION only for PAUL'S Gospel and most do not see that in verse 7 Peter's message is not called a gospel , do you know WHY ??:bang::bang:

Same Greek word used here EVAGGELION !!

#3 , In Gal 3:8 The Greek for Gospel is PRFO EUAGGELIZO MAI or PROEUAGGELIZOMAI means , to announce before hand , see G4283 !!

dan p

Lol, you guys sure complicate things.

The Gospel of (from) God is Two-Fold: Prophecy and Mystery.

One aspect is the gospel of (concerning) Christ, as Prophesied.

The other aspect is the gospel of (concerning) Christ, according to the revelation of the Mystery kept secret until Paul.

Both aspects are based on His resurrection from the dead.

Both aspects concern what His resurrection from the dead would not only accomplish, but would prove Him to be.

Prophecy: David's Prophesied, Rightful Heir over a Kingdom of Priests - the Israel of God; His ministers over the Gentile nations.

Mystery: Christ as head of a New Creature - Joint Heirs with Him over the Heavenlies.

In all this... salvation is merely a side benefit. An underprivileged kid at a ball game on a generous millionaire's dime, privileged to have caught the homerun ball sent flying his way; his but to reach up and grab hold of its eternal glory.

The real issue is a battle for who will be like the Most High.

The real issue is the Father's determined will to glorify His Son in Himself through those twin agencies for all eternity by the Spirit.

DAN P

Lol, you guys sure complicate things.

The Gospel of (from) God is Two-Fold: Prophecy and Mystery.

One aspect is the gospel of (concerning) Christ, as Prophesied.

The other aspect is the gospel of (concerning) Christ, according to the revelation of the Mystery kept secret until Paul.

Both aspects are based on His resurrection from the dead.

Both aspects concern what His resurrection from the dead would not only accomplish, but would prove Him to be.

Prophecy: David's Prophesied, Rightful Heir over a Kingdom of Priests - the Israel of God; His ministers over the Gentile nations.

Mystery: Christ as head of a New Creature - Joint Heirs with Him over the Heavenlies.

In all this... salvation is merely a side benefit. An underprivileged kid at a ball game on a generous millionaire's dime, privileged to have caught the homerun ball sent flying his way; his but to reach up and grab hold of its eternal glory.

The real issue is a battle for who will be like the Most High.

The real issue is the Father's determined will to glorify His Son in Himself through those twin agencies for all eternity by the Spirit.

Hi , and you complicate it for me , BUT my answer is irrefutable in Gal 2:7 and Gal 3:8 and 1 Cor 9:17 sunk his position on Acts 13 as ROMANS - Philemon is all Pauline !!

You know that Gospel just means " good tiding " and good tiding can be any thing !!

The question is this , " What was Paul Separated to ??

Eph 3:9 is the reason , done you see !!

Acts 13 is more than a Slippery Slope and is not Right Division , PERIOD !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi , and you complicate it for me , BUT my answer is irrefutable in Gal 2:7 and Gal 3:8 and 1 Cor 9:17 sunk his position on Acts 13 as ROMANS - Philemon is all Pauline !!

You know that Gospel just means " good tiding " and good tiding can be any thing !!

The question is this , " What was Paul Separated to ??

Eph 3:9 is the reason , done you see !!

Acts 13 is more than a Slippery Slope and is not Right Division , PERIOD !!

dan p

I see just fine. In fact, my vision is 20/24.

Acts 20:24, lol

In short; Acts 9:6 baby!

A9D.

The mutual faith, both of you and of me :)

Jerry Shugart

Hi and I did , BUT you do not believe that Israel was in COVENANT relationship with God until Acts 13:46 Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 :bang::bang:

Then God used PAUL was entrusted with a DISPENSATION , 1 Cor 9:17

Been entrusted with is in the Greek Perfect Tense , which means when SEPARATED till his death it was a CONTINUOUS preaching of the REVELATION of the MYSTERY , so you lose Jerry with your Acyts 13 ILLUSION , having part Gospel and Grace teaching , so leave the DARK side and come to the Light !!

That does not answer my question.

DAN P

That does not answer my question.

Hi and that is a problem for Acts 13 , so-called Mid-Acts or pseudo dispensationalist is why you can not answer Gal 3:28 !!

Jerry , if you check Gal 3:28 there are 4 verb tenses all in the Present tenses and you know how to check it !!

Answer if you can , Gal 3:28 for I have you !!

Acts 13 people have no answer !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and that is a problem for Acts 13 , so-called Mid-Acts or pseudo dispensationalist is why you can not answer Gal 3:28 !!

Jerry , if you check Gal 3:28 there are 4 verb tenses all in the Present tenses and you know how to check it !!

Answer if you can , Gal 3:28 for I have you !!

Acts 13 people have no answer !!

So you must think that Paul was in error when he called himself a Jew?:

"For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin" (Ro.11:1).​

Too bad you were not around in the first century so you could have corrected him!

DAN P

So you must think that Paul was in error when he called himself a Jew?:

"For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin" (Ro.11:1).​

Too bad you were not around in the first century so you could have corrected him!

Hi and thanks for the AMUSING answer as you an we all know that Paul was a Jew and so side step what Gal 3:28 means , don't you see ??

Gal 3:28 says that there NEVER any Jews , Greeks , Bond or Free an NEITHER Males nor Females , because the Body of Christ is a New Creation , is why Acts 13 are Kingdom and so-called Grace ,you are mind Jerry as you refuse to answer Gal 3:28 !!

Gal 3:28 is one the MOST important verses in the Bible as it answers the 12 IN and 12 OUT and why some opne can be " in Christ " before Paul and Acts 13 people have no CLUE !!

Jerry answer Gal 3:28 or are you going to BAIL OUT ??

DAN P

DAN P

Do you deny that both Jews and Gentiles were baptized into the Body of Christ?

Hi and 1 Cor 12:13 is a different issue , so answer Gal 3:28 so stop side stepping as I am not a Novice !!

Come on Jerry you know how to check for verb tenses , so quit the horse play !!

You always say that they never answer your questions and I will be glad to help you along , just ask me ?

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Then why do none of the verses which I quoted say anything about works?
Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV)

keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV)

endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV, Matthew 24:13 KJV)

don't fall away (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV)

do, do do...

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you do not think that Peter taught the "who of Jesus on the day of Pentecost?:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36).​
Peter preaching a murder indictment that included the WHO Jesus Christ is, is NOT the gospel of Christ that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth! Get it through that thick head of yours!