Tet and Godrulz at dinner

SaulToPaul 2

We did talk about his preterism vs my futurism, but not Darby. I think his middle name was Darby at birth, but he had it legally changed.

:rip:

Have you noticed that muz is back?
It's nice to see him. I thought maybe he had bought the farm.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This misrepresents my view as usual. The Corinthian saints sinned and were fleshly.

Brother William, I have your statements on a Word document. You in fact said a Holy God cannot and will not sweep heinous sins under the carpet. I have asked a 1000 times if you repent of your disbelief. You do not.

We hope for your sake, you do. But I know you don't.

musterion

They are children of wrath. They've never been born again (Eph 5:6).

I'm just not so sure about that. As said before, children of wrath won't even ENTER the Kingdom, so the prospect of them inheriting any part of it is a foregone conclusion.

musterion

Apostasy/falling away/unbelief is a unique sin and can sever the relationship

Words mean things. The word "Body," the way Paul used it in this context, is vital to believers knowing exactly who they are.

To be in Christ is to be in, of and with Him eternally. The believer's relationship with Him is just as inviolable as His is with the Father. Christ is not a spiritual leper with parts of His Body falling off hither and yon, contrary to your mythology.

I'm not saying you were never saved - only God can know that - but you are definitely now believing a false gospel. "Staying in faith/not falling away" is for you what circumcision was sold to the Galatians: add it to Christ if you want to be saved.

Take Nick's advice. Repent of your error while you can.

glorydaz

Believers have full security, but this does not preclude the possibility of apostasy/falling away in a free will relational world (vs deterministic). The faithfulness and grace of God can be resisted before and after salvation (hence universalism and OSAS/POTS are wrong). There is a conditional element since reconciliation involves a Godward and a manward aspect.

"Full security..." :think:

So your confidence is in man rather than God?

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

musterion

Being confident of this very thing, that HE which hath begun a good work in you WILL PERFORM IT until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Beautiful fact and cannot be overemphasized!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Beautiful fact and cannot be overemphasized!

Oh, if man would only give credit where credit was due!

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

Ooh, I get to do it again!

:banana:

amen amen amen!!!! Thats good news!

God's Truth

...but you say we do not have to obey.

If those who claim to be saved Christians are not obeying, then what is the good work being done?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Brother William, I have your statements on a Word document. You in fact said a Holy God cannot and will not sweep heinous sins under the carpet. I have asked a 1000 times if you repent of your disbelief. You do not.

We hope for your sake, you do. But I know you don't.

Brother? Yes we are. God can and will sweep sins under the carpet at justification. There is also provision for future sins, but they are not forgiven before they exist (they may or may not eventually exist). The Bible also does not teach forgiveness while they are persisted in and calls us to confess, repent, renew obedience. If we do not, it does not mean we go to hell unless it is godless unbelief/apostasy/falling away that persists to death.

I fully believe in Christ and His provision, but I reject Joseph Prince error and others who teach unbiblical hyper-grace concepts.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Words mean things. The word "Body," the way Paul used it in this context, is vital to believers knowing exactly who they are.

To be in Christ is to be in, of and with Him eternally. The believer's relationship with Him is just as inviolable as His is with the Father. Christ is not a spiritual leper with parts of His Body falling off hither and yon, contrary to your mythology.

I'm not saying you were never saved - only God can know that - but you are definitely now believing a false gospel. "Staying in faith/not falling away" is for you what circumcision was sold to the Galatians: add it to Christ if you want to be saved.

Take Nick's advice. Repent of your error while you can.

I am Open Theist, free will relational theist. I am guilty of rejecting Calvinism, but not the gospel.

Are you MAD? If so, you have the heresy, not me.

I am saved by grace through faith in the person and work of Christ, not whether I embrace or reject OSAS doctrinal disputes.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

My confidence is in God (Jude 24-25). Using your logic, it is God's fault that people go to hell? Are you a Calvinist? You are quoting one truth, but ignoring many other truths that give a biblical, balanced vs myopic view.

musterion

Brother? Yes we are. God can and will sweep sins under the carpet at justification. There is also provision for future sins, but they are not forgiven before they exist (they may or may not eventually exist). The Bible also does not teach forgiveness while they are persisted in and calls us to confess, repent, renew obedience. If we do not, it does not mean we go to hell unless it is godless unbelief/apostasy/falling away that persists to death.

I fully believe in Christ and His provision, but I reject Joseph Prince error and others who teach unbiblical hyper-grace concepts.

Paul said the believer is forgiven all. Your statement pretends not to deny this, but it does.

Forgiveness is either plenary, finalized and permanent or it isn't. Pick one.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God can and will sweep sins under the carpet at justification.

The very fact that you even call it "sweeping sins under the carpet" and not justice at the cross shows your heart. I would say may God have mercy on your soul, but he won't.

You, in fact, said this. And it is obvious you will not change your mind on it.

...You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God (judgment starts with the house of God; Ananias and Sapp were struck down; I Cor. and I Jn. has temporal judgment of believer's sin by death)...

I believe it in context, not as a proof text for your views. Justification is about our initial coming to Christ when we are declared righteous (legal term) and our past sins are dealt with. At that point of conversion, there are no future sins yet. Reconciliation deals with our past sins. My objection is to think we can persist in sheer rebellion, sin, and disobedience with impunity because non-existent sins have blanket forgiveness just because our past sins were dealt with at justification.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Jesus takes away the sins we confess and repent of doing.

If we keep doing the sin, then that sin is ever before us.

musterion

Jesus takes away the sins we confess and repent of doing.

If we keep doing the sin, then that sin is ever before us.

Romans 6:6, 8:1 thoroughly refute you.

No law, no condemnation.

Hence Colossians 2:13. If you'd believe that, you'd understand it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 6:6, 8:1 thoroughly refute you.

No law, no condemnation.

Hence Colossians 2:13. If you'd believe that, you'd understand it.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?