Tet and Godrulz at dinner

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Why do you single out GT? I am her enemy but you are just something else too.

Serpentdove has been slandering many in this thread and he is ok with you.

Your this comment is so unchristian behavior.

Just my two cents.

That is about all it's worth...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When a Christian leader is caught in adultery, does God see the person sinning or just sees Jesus and not us?

So you still won't go with what your apostle Paul has taught you? His revelation is directly from the risen Lord Jesus Christ. Why do you continue to disregard it?

Romans 6

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

God's Truth

So you still won't go with what your apostle Paul has taught you? His revelation is directly from the risen Lord Jesus Christ. Why do you continue to disregard it?

Romans 6

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Romans 6

Flee fornication...that is Paul's teaching....have nothing to do with someone who goes by the name of brother living in sin....that is Paul's teaching
Let he who names the Lord depart iniquity....that is Paul's teaching

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why do you single out GT? I am her enemy but you are just something else too.

Serpentdove has been slandering many in this thread and he is ok with you.

Your this comment is so unchristian behavior.

Just my two cents.

He meant to say GT and meshak

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Romans 6

Rom. 6:13-16

You did not answer my question.

musterion

When a Christian leader is caught in adultery, does God see the person sinning or just sees Jesus and not us?

I've been wondering a lot lately about Paul's warning, given more than once in more than one letter, about not inheriting the Kingdom. Is this a warning of a lost reward aimed at believers who never do put off the old man and don't cooperate with being grown into the image of Christ? Indulging the flesh does always seem to be the context of the warning so it's possible...unbelievers inherit nothing but wrath and can do nothing that's not of the flesh anyway...so saying they have no inheritance in the Kingdom because of such behaviors would go without saying. It's a given because they won't enter anyway.

Yet, if this thesis is true, the believer is still crucified with Christ, buried, raised, ascended and seated in Him. Plus, declared dead to all condemning law. Plus, granted His very righteousness. Plus, forgiven all trespasses. So salvation, justification, glorification, etc, are secured in Christ.

But rewards can be gained or lost. I really wonder if inheriting the Kingdom (not entering it, since the believer is already transferred there in the King) is one such reward.

God's Truth

Yes he does. However that is not part of the good news that rulz asked about. He wants to know if one can sin their way out of salvation. He wants it to be so. He has said so many times.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

God's Truth

I've been wondering a lot lately about Paul's warning, given more than once in more than one letter, about not inheriting the Kingdom. Is this a warning of a lost reward aimed at believers who never do put off the old man and don't cooperate with being grown into the image of Christ? Indulging the flesh does always seem to be the context of the warning so it's possible...unbelievers inherit nothing but wrath and can do nothing that's not of the flesh anyway...so saying they have no inheritance in the Kingdom because of such behaviors would go without saying. It's a given because they won't enter anyway.

Yet, if this thesis is true, the believer is still crucified with Christ, buried, raised, ascended and seated in Him. Plus, declared dead to all condemning law. Plus, granted His very righteousness. Plus, forgiven all trespasses. So salvation, justification, glorification, etc, are secured in Christ.

But rewards can be gained or lost. I really wonder if inheriting the Kingdom (not entering it, since the believer is already transferred there in the King) is one such reward.

The reward is an inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

The reward is the promise of the inheritance of eternal life.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

In case you still are not sure the inheritance is eternal life, which is our reward, read and study these scriptures, there should be no more doubt after reading them.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.
You can't very well claim Christian promises when you're not a Christian. :dizzy:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

They are children of wrath. They've never been born again (Eph 5:6).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Yes he does. However that is not part of the good news that rulz asked about. He wants to know if one can sin their way out of salvation. He wants it to be so. He has said so many times.

This misrepresents my view as usual. The Corinthian saints sinned and were fleshly.

I distinguish sin/sanctification issues from faith/unbelief (conditions of salvation/damnation) issues.

Godless unbelief is the antithesis of saving faith. It is more than a lie or lust. Apostasy/falling away/unbelief is a unique sin and can sever the relationship, unlike isolated lapses of fleshly sins that all believers tend to commit in varying degrees.

Danoh

The Apostle Paul is speaking of conduct unbecoming one declared righteous in Christ.

One who's conversation (manner of life) is in Heaven; who has the inheritance. He is contrasting that with their carrying on in the manner of the lost.

They already have the inheritance and are to match their conduct to its citizenship, "as becometh saints" Rom. 16:2.

Colossians 1:

12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Galatians 5:

16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary
the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

See also 1 Cor. 6: 5-12; Eph. 2:1-7; Eph. 5:1-8, etc.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

It is all about investing our lives, either in the flesh or the Spirit. I totally agree we are secure....there has always been an argument about whether all Christians will enjoy the Millennium or if many will wait the thousand years out.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Believers have full security, but this does not preclude the possibility of apostasy/falling away in a free will relational world (vs deterministic). The faithfulness and grace of God can be resisted before and after salvation (hence universalism and OSAS/POTS are wrong). There is a conditional element since reconciliation involves a Godward and a manward aspect.

SaulToPaul 2

Believers have full security, but this does not preclude the possibility of apostasy/falling away in a free will relational world (vs deterministic). The faithfulness and grace of God can be resisted before and after salvation (hence universalism and OSAS/POTS are wrong). There is a conditional element since reconciliation involves a Godward and a manward aspect.

I have an important question.

Did Tet utter the name "Darby" at least once during your meal?