Standing Before God in the Judgment

glorydaz

What about the interpretation of the bible? Does it not come from man?

Indeed, the natural man of the flesh interprets the Bible much like you have.... with each man creating his own spin...but not even close to the Truth.

Those who are members of the body of Christ are of one mind concerning the essentials....we may see through a glass darkly, but as we grow and mature more is revealed to our understanding by the Spirit within.

1 Corinthians 13:11-13
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.​

Prizebeatz1

Are you a member of the Body of Christ through faith?

I used to be a Catholic but I realized that being a Catholic is not my ultimate identity. My ultimate identity is one with infinite divinity. I will not compromise for anything less. Why does this matter anyway? Are we so worried about what others are doing that we are distracted away from our own inner divinity? John 21-22 says: So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Apple7

I used to be a Catholic but I realized that being a Catholic is not my ultimate identity. My ultimate identity is one with infinite divinity. I will not compromise for anything less. Why does this matter anyway? Are we so worried about what others are doing that we are distracted away from our own inner divinity? John 21-22 says: So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, "Lord, and what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!"

Sorry to burst your vision...but you ain't gonna make it at this rate, brother.

Prizebeatz1

Indeed, the natural man of the flesh interprets the Bible much like you have.... with each man creating his own spin...but not even close to the Truth.

Those who are members of the body of Christ are of one mind concerning the essentials....we may see through a glass darkly, but as we grow and mature more is revealed to our understanding by the Spirit within.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.​

I agree. I was there too at one point. But now I am here honoring my calling to stand up and speak. My experience of salvation is just one of many examples of the power of the divinity that dwells within us all. This inner divinity is to what the scriptures point but this message has been lost through the centuries partly because it is not profitable and partly because of misunderstanding and the attitude that there is only one correct way to interpret the Bible. There are multiple ways and some are more accurate than others. I still continue to grow in this area too. But let's not bury this inner divinity for it is the connection to the self-worth for which we all secretly long. Almost everything we do is an attempt to imitate this unconditional feeling of infinite and eternal self-worth but there is no replacement. This is exactly what Jesus Christ symbolizes.

Apple7

You ought to take a dose of your own medication. I'm already self-realized. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you are not.

Can you please show us what scripture informs the reader to become 'self-realized'....?

Or...

Is this simply a mandate originating in the inner most depraved recesses of a delusional mind...?

Prizebeatz1

Can you please show us what scripture informs the reader to become 'self-realized'....?

Or...

Is this simply a mandate originating in the inner most depraved recesses of a delusional mind...?

"that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you" John 17:21. In fact, the entire New Testament is about us realizing that we are one with God but we wouldn't know it because we're too busy using our thoughts and beliefs to avoid what is infinite and eternal. Let's face it. The personality is a coward.

Apple7

"that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you" John 17:21. In fact, the entire New Testament is about us realizing that we are one with God but we wouldn't know it because we're too busy using our thoughts and beliefs to avoid what is infinite and eternal. Let's face it. The personality is a coward.

No.

That is not an example of 'self-realized'.

Prizebeatz1

No.

That is not an example of 'self-realized'.

How would you know? It seems to me you don't know much about self-realization. I can tell by your level of identification with your personality. It seems like you are very attached to who you think you are. If you knew your own divinity we would not be having this conversation.

Apple7

How would you know? It seems to me you don't know much about self-realization. I can tell by your level of identification with your personality. It seems like you are very attached to who you think you are. If you knew your own divinity we would not be having this conversation.

Scripture is about knowing The Creator, not about self.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I like to know if I'm conversing with a Christian, Jew, cultist, atheist/
agnostic, Lutheran, Catholic, Gnostic, etc. If you want to hide your
belief, I'd rather not speak to you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Amen. This guy is hiding what he believes. A red flag.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree. I was there too at one point. But now I am here honoring my calling to stand up and speak. My experience of salvation is just one of many examples of the power of the divinity that dwells within us all. This inner divinity is to what the scriptures point but this message has been lost through the centuries partly because it is not profitable and partly because of misunderstanding and the attitude that there is only one correct way to interpret the Bible. There are multiple ways and some are more accurate than others. I still continue to grow in this area too. But let's not bury this inner divinity for it is the connection to the self-worth for which we all secretly long. Almost everything we do is an attempt to imitate this unconditional feeling of infinite and eternal self-worth but there is no replacement. This is exactly what Jesus Christ symbolizes.

Occultist/Spiritualist perhaps?

iamaberean

"We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, as I live, saith the Lord, every knee will bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then everyone of us shall give an account of himself to God" Romans 14:10-12.

As a Christian I have to believe that there will not be anything to judge if our sins are covered. So in this scripture:

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
That which was written was the Old Testament and all of those that lived under law will be judged. This is also confirmed in Revelation:
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Christians will not be judged by works. Paul had to be speaking to and about Jews in Rome.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It was a good post until he started ranting

...He started by saying God is Judge and ended by setting himself up as judge.

Yes I believe many WILL say Lord was I not this or that...but Pate pre-judged that it applies only to Calvinists and Catholics

How wonderful to know that Calvinists will be there, that Catholics are not excluded....God sees above these human matters

Prizebeatz1

I like to know if I'm conversing with a Christian, Jew, cultist, atheist/
agnostic, Lutheran, Catholic, Gnostic, etc. If you want to hide your
belief, I'd rather not speak to you.

Here we go trying to enforce terms and conditions. I don't identify with any particular one of these religious labels. That is a trap to keep one stuck inside a boundary yet the true identity is infinite. Here is unconscious pride that gives us comfort, security, foundation, etc. The desire to label, separate, identify, categorize, classify, manipulate etc. is the personality's lack of self-worth in disguise. It doesn't feel good enough just exactly the way it is. It is the tendency to manipulate and control which needs to be undone. Underneath this tendency is the desire to avoid what is infinite and eternal. Dogmatic adherence to scriptures and beliefs are examples. What were to happen if we were to let go? There is a large amount of fear, shame and guilt programmed into our behavior of which we are largely unaware. The adversary would rather we not pay attention to any of this. Looks like some of us have lots of work to do to find the gem that is buried beneath all this.

lifeisgood

Here we go trying to enforce terms and conditions. I don't identify with any particular one of these religious labels. The desire to label, separate, identify, categorize, classify, manipulate etc. is the personality's lack of self-worth in disguise. It is this tendency to control which needs to be undone. Underneath this tendency is the desire to avoid what is infinite and eternal. There is a large amount of fear, shame and guilt programmed into our behavior. Looks like some of us have lots of work to do to find the gem that is buried beneath all this.

However, you labeled yourself as 'self-realized' on post #25; therefore, separating, identifying, categorizing, classifying, manipulating, etc. your personality's lack of self-worth in disguise as you accuse others of doing.

When finished working to find the gem that is buried beneath all this, all that is going to be found is filthy rags, and only Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary can cleanse all the garbage that you will find after all the work you will do to find it.

Talk about 'self-realized'.

Prizebeatz1

However, you labeled yourself as 'self-realized' on post #25; therefore, separating, identifying, categorizing, classifying, manipulating, etc. your personality's lack of self-worth in disguise as you accuse others of doing.

When finished working to find the gem that is buried beneath all this, all that is going to be found is filthy rags, and only Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary can cleanse all the garbage that you will find after all the work you will do to find it.

Talk about 'self-realized'.

You are badly mistaken. Self-realized does not mean perfect. I can admit that I am still a work in progress. You are correct in the grand scheme but Jesus Christ is symbolism for something much bigger and better.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here we go trying to enforce terms and conditions. I don't identify with any particular one of these religious labels. That is a trap to keep one stuck inside a boundary yet the true identity is infinite. Here is unconscious pride that gives us comfort, security, foundation, etc. The desire to label, separate, identify, categorize, classify, manipulate etc. is the personality's lack of self-worth in disguise. It doesn't feel good enough just exactly the way it is. It is the tendency to manipulate and control which needs to be undone. Underneath this tendency is the desire to avoid what is infinite and eternal. Dogmatic adherence to scriptures and beliefs are examples. What were to happen if we were to let go? There is a large amount of fear, shame and guilt programmed into our behavior of which we are largely unaware. The adversary would rather we not pay attention to any of this. Looks like some of us have lots of work to do to find the gem that is buried beneath all this.

You have identified yourself. I'll just call you a Cultist.