Should Victimhood Grant Immunity From Inspection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
]Yes, we had some fun behind the scenes, but I don't recall ever running our mouths about what took place in someone's marriage. You can say whatever you know about me, Tam. I have nothing to hide, nor am I ashamed of anything I said.

Take your best shot.

You should be ashamed for lying about me, for one.

glorydaz

No, honey; just a poster on an internet site.

No gossip required.
Doser has said plenty about his wife on this site, and on numerous occasions.
All you gotta do is quote his words.
If what he says about her has been gossip, then that's on him.

No, when someone shares something, and then you keep bringing it up and using it to attack the person, the fault is on YOU.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because I don't care to speculate about Doser's "behavior" outside of TOL or his personal life.

We can talk about marriage and divorce, and we can talk about other couples generically, but I won't join in on imagining what might have occurred in the marriage of someone who posts here. It's wrong.
We can leave his name out and speak generically.
But Doser didn't.
He said his wife left him and committed adultery, and then asked if he should still cling to her.
That was not a generic question, but a question about he and his wife.

You can take your double standard elsewhere.

If Doser wants it to be generic, then he shouldn't have made it about him and his wife in his OP here:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4595879#post4595879

He slung that door wide open!

1PeaceMaker

No, the issue has nothing to do with what I consider to be too extreme concerning dress.

Sure it does. The problem with strippers that you are claiming is immodesty and enticement to rape/commit immorality.

So stop focusing on strippers and start focusing on other "normal" dress that you would admit is immodest. Like a bikini at the beach, right? You do think wearing bikinis in public are immoral, don't you?

I'm not the one who does the raping, and I'm not the one being enticed by strippers.

That's a relief!

If you don't know what strippers DO, then have your husband take you and watch the men there.

You want us to go see something you consider to be immoral? :shocked:

Some do think they are being offered something. If you're too naïve to see that, then that's your problem, not mine.

So you are absolving the rapist of the motive of rape, while making her culpable for the rape? Weird.

glorydaz

We can leave his name out and speak generically.
But Doser didn't.
He said his wife left him and committed adultery, and then asked if he should still cling to her.
That was not a generic question, but a question about he and his wife.

You can take your double standard elsewhere.

If Doser wants it to be generic, then he shouldn't have made it about him and his wife in his OP here:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4595879#post4595879

He slung that door wide open!

Not really, Tam.

Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
do you agree that sexual immorality is wrong?

Tambora said:
Sure, I think that anyone that is sexually immoral is wrong.

I also think that a man who does not cling to his wife is wrong.

It was you, as usual, that brings up Doser's (marital) past every chance you get. He asked you about sexual immorality, and you just had to add the part about his not clinging to his wife. It's you that can't let it go. It's exactly like how Rusha won't let go of the "rapists are never at fault" nonsense. And then you mock him for trying to get you to admit something...which you will never do. He should not have to cling to a wife who left him. But then you go further....and further....and further. That's not right.

1PeaceMaker

Tambora made a general statement which you construed to be specifically about Dozer, and you said earlier generalities weren't gossip! Seems like you are contradicting yourself, now. :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora made a general statement which you construed to be specifically about Dozer, and you said earlier generalities weren't gossip! Seems like you are contradicting yourself, now. :think:

I find the lack of consistency rather telling.

glorydaz

Well, perhaps it is God's will that a wife leave her husband to teach him to behave different.
We can only hope that his deserved abandonment teaches him that he reaps what he sows and needs to change his behavior.
:shocked:

You shouldn't mock God's natural laws. That's what it sounds like you're doing.

Yes, IF a man's behavior is bad, a woman could leave him and he very well could learn his lesson. It's happened many times.

Of course you seem to assume the man had the bad behavior instead of the wife.
Truth be told, there is always enough fault to go around.
Bad behavior has consequences no matter the gender.

glorydaz

It was specifically about Doser. It must have gone zoooooooom right over your head. It didn't go over Doser's head, though, he's used to it. And it didn't go over my head, either, I've gotten used to it.

1PeaceMaker

It was specifically about Doser. It must have gone zoooooooom right over your head. It didn't go over Doser's head, though, he's used to it. And it didn't go over my head, either, I've gotten used to it.

Her statement may have been based on past dialogue but it was still a general statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.