Should Victimhood Grant Immunity From Inspection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

nope

never said that

Perhaps not personally but you've been associating your arguments with posters like GD, so suck it up. ;)

She's made it clear that she thinks God allows consequences like rape to teach women to behave differently.

what a silly thing for a silly young person to say

Silly me. Why didn't I just assume you were a sociopath?

no mocking

Mhmm.... sure. whatever you want to call that dismissive attitude, then.

Again, if not ignorant.....

well, there's not much point in putting any more effort into it than that :idunno:

Seems like you didn't have a point and that's why you didn't bother with anything but names. You typically run out of steam in this fashion.
you're a retard with a vivid imagination and an inability to listen to what's being told you

don't like it?

suck it up

Engaging in the same logical fallacy twice does not make it more compelling, even if you restate it with different words.

glorydaz

:plain: There are only a couple of reasons for postponing a divorce from a spouse who is abusive or cheating:

Monetary gain or personal gain (selfishness)

OR

Low self-esteem

Nonsense. God may be doing a work on a person's heart...a work that is not done over night. Leave it to humanists to know better about what others should be doing. They love playing little gods.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dialogue is discussing whether a stripper is deserving of any consequences for her immoral behavior.

Dialogue is discussing whether it's wrong to stay married in order to draw insurance after a spouse has left the house.

Gossiping is talking about Doser's personal life, or your personal life, or Climate Sanity's personal life.

Gossiping is a setting a trap. Dialoguing is not.
No gossip.
Quoting his own words.

glorydaz

Perhaps not personally but you've been associating your arguments with posters like GD, so suck it up. ;)

She's made it clear that she thinks God allows consequences like rape to teach women to behave differently.

He most certainly can, and I'll guarantee you that consequence would have more of an effect than telling a stripper she had done NOTHING to deserve what she got.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dialogue is discussing whether a stripper is deserving of any consequences for her immoral behavior.

Dialogue is discussing whether it's wrong to stay married in order to draw insurance after a spouse has left the house.

Gossiping is talking about Doser's personal life, or your personal life, or Climate Sanity's personal life.

Gossiping is a setting a trap. Dialoguing is not.
Which category would saying "you must be drunk" fall under?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you talking about a stripper,
No, honey; just a poster on an internet site.

or are you still gossiping about Doser and his "wife"?
No gossip required.
Doser has said plenty about his wife on this site, and on numerous occasions.
All you gotta do is quote his words.
If what he says about her has been gossip, then that's on him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He most certainly can, and I'll guarantee you that consequence would have more of an effect than telling a stripper she had done NOTHING to deserve what she got.
Well, perhaps it is God's will that a wife leave her husband to teach him to behave different.
We can only hope that his deserved abandonment teaches him that he reaps what he sows and needs to change his behavior.
:shocked:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, perhaps it is God's will that a wife leave her husband to teach him to behave different.
We can only hope that his deserved abandonment teaches him that he reaps what he sows and needs to change his behavior.
:shocked:

Oh, I wonder why that wasn't included in the thread "On Deservedness"?

glorydaz

It could be that divorce is not the answer at all. I've seen couples who split up for years and ended up getting back together. And I've also seen couples who didn't get divorced which kept them from getting involved in another bad marriage.

Is it really anyone's place to say what is right for Doser?

Just maybe the Lord has something else in mind....something none of us could possibly know about, much less offer an opinion on. :sigh:

It could be because of none of those things.
It could be that his behavior towards his wife was so bad that she had to get away from him or go insane.
Why is that one not on your could be list?

Because I don't care to speculate about Doser's "behavior" outside of TOL or his personal life.

We can talk about marriage and divorce, and we can talk about other couples generically, but I won't join in on imagining what might have occurred in the marriage of someone who posts here. It's wrong.

1PeaceMaker

Are you talking about a stripper

Always bringing up them up and not facing the "immodest dressers" head on. This issue is not about that extreme but about anyone you would see as being too enticing with her clothing or lack thereof. But you never admit what your real standard for modesty is.

Some imams have said wearing perfume in public can incite sexual assault and rape.

glorydaz

We could start with what you and I know of each other.
We've schemed together behind the scenes.
Let's roll!

Yes, we had some fun behind the scenes, but I don't recall ever running our mouths about what took place in someone's marriage. You can say whatever you know about me, Tam. I have nothing to hide, nor am I ashamed of anything I said.

Take your best shot.

glorydaz

Always bringing up them up and not facing the "immodest dressers" head on. This issue is not about that extreme but about anyone you would see as being too enticing with her clothing or lack thereof. But you never admit what your real standard for modesty is.

Some imams have said wearing perfume in public can incite sexual assault and rape.

No, the issue has nothing to do with what I consider to be too extreme concerning dress. I'm not the one who does the raping, and I'm not the one being enticed by strippers. If you don't know what strippers DO, then have your husband take you and watch the men there. Some do think they are being offered something. If you're too naïve to see that, then that's your problem, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.