Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Arthur Brain

So did, say, Bundy's victims...the murdered on 9/11...I mean if he takes this far enough even the aborted pretty much have it coming. Right?

Yep, it's the unavoidable conclusion of his position. All those who die violent deaths, get cancer, get aborted, die in natural disasters, get tortured, get raped/molested etc etc all essentially deserve it according to this crank.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
So a kid who gets molested has reaped what they sow, got it.

You're an idiot.

Scripture states that God cannot be mocked, for men reap what they sow.

There's a bit of a different context in that- basically a threat that you can't escape God's preeminence.
However, a kid who gets molested is not reaping what they sow. They, like everyone else, are subject to wickedness.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This may well be my last reply, as it's not my intention to go back and forth with you incessantly.
Curious word choice.

I have not yet got round to replying back to in you in that other thread (which I aim to do so). Don't think that 'prolonged silence' means anything.
I only took it that you hadn't answered yet (consider that a prod of sorts)

I personally don't find cutting myself with a razor as suffering (yet you seem to say that it is). Who are you to tell me that I'm wrong?
This seems like an important point to you, but if you can divorce yourself from that particular you'll see I'm making a larger point. Doesn't matter if you're a masochist, so long as you can understand what I'm saying about distinction using the illustration as offered.

If I momentarily stub my toe upon a small stone once, just the once; can I legitimately say that I have suffered?
If it hurt. The rest is degree.

Rather, suffering can be said to be pain experienced through a prolonged or extensive period of time
Webster says, "pain that is caused by injury, illness, loss, etc. : physical, mental, or emotional pain"

How long it lasts doesn't speak to the pain, which is what suffering actually amounts to.

And I do not think that suffering is simply defined only by time
It's not defined by time at all, except in the sense that it takes time (not your subjectively long period) to suffer.

, but also by intensity. I do think that for something to be truly classified as suffering it must be intense pain/discomfort/anguish/remorse felt, over a period of time.
All of that's wrong, of course. But it does open a window into your approach to language.

Even your dictionary doesn't provide a true, objective definition of suffering.
Yes, it does. It simply doesn't provide you with what you want it to mean.

Afterall, aren't supposdely objective dictionaries based on the subjective opinions of humans?
They're based on sustained popular usage, because the point of language is to communicate.

And what is the underlying point?
I'd set it out again had I hidden it. I didn't so I won't. The way you feel about incessantly is the way I feel about repeating a thing said clearly enough the first time.

The way that a person died is telling; and indicative of that person's spiritual state. The people in the Dylan Roof shooting, died a tragic, violent, untimely death. This shows that they were unrepentant.
Good men die in the midst of war. Bad men sometimes die in bed. Your thinking here demonstrates an extraordinary lack of breadth in consideration.

But the timing and nature of our death says much about the life that we chose to lead.
Except when it doesn't, which is often.

Doofus? I wonder what your basis is for using such a word, except your own subjective opinion - which is not valid in an objective sense
It's north American slang for someone who is being stupid in a thing. But it's a bit softer, a chiding instead of a sneer.

Yes, He sends rain on the righteous and the wicked
AKA--life frequently happens to us without an omen attaching.

The mother who purposely and wilfully drowned her children has committed murder, and she will reap what she has sown. And the children who died at her hands could have very well reaped what they sowed
That your worldview allows for that latter part is simply tragic.

You simply cannot recognise the wrath of God for what is - the wrath of God.
Or you're mistaken. And given how demonstrably often that's happened so far...

zoo22

For some reason, Cons&Spires decided to ignore this post (go figure):

Didn't you used to list yourself as Catholic under one of your banned usernames?

Was one of them Muslim?

Wow, zoo22. That's just a low ball right there. What proposes that I am whoever you are talking about?

Oh am I mistaken? It's tough to remember the sock puppet usernames and the religions... Crowns&Laurels, sum1sgrudj, skbringr, homeskillet... I remember you'd said you were Catholic (as skybringr?) but for some reason I thought you'd also identified as a Muslim at one point. Whatever.

Homeskillet sure went out in a ball of flames. That was kind of pathetic.

Anyway, I hope someone realizes soon that you're here again and sends you packing.

M

Man.0

Webster says, "pain that is caused by injury, illness, loss, etc. : physical, mental, or emotional pain"
How long it lasts doesn't speak to the pain, which is what suffering actually amounts to.

What if the person or animal isn't feeling pain, is it still suffering? What of the cancer patient, lying almost lifeless, but not feeling physical, emotional or mental pain...are they not suffering? What if they die a painless death, did they not still suffer death itself?

Afterall, aren't supposdely objective dictionaries based on the subjective opinions of humans?
They're based on sustained popular usage, because the point of language is to communicate.

Yeah but who is that coined the definitions found in dictionaries? Was it not humans? And are humans not subjective, in nature?

They're based on sustained popular usage

Who defines that 'sustained popular usage'? Is it not humans?

Good men die in the midst of war. Bad men sometimes die in bed. Your thinking here demonstrates an extraordinary lack of breadth in consideration.

You're assuming that even some men are good. The bible says otherwise:

'And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. '(Mark 10:18)

But the timing and nature of our death says much about the life that we chose to lead.
Except when it doesn't, which is often.

It seems there are many things which you cannot perceive - the meaning of deaths, and the wrath of God, are amongst those things. I think that either your intellect isn't of that nature, or you haven't been given the insight. I would imagine that it's the latter, not the former.

It's north American slang for someone who is being stupid in a thing. But it's a bit softer, a chiding instead of a sneer.

You needn't explain its definition to me. I knew what it meant. I was pointing out that calling me a doofus is merely your subjective opinion; and therefore cannot be considered objectively, truthfully and realistically right.

Yes, He sends rain on the righteous and the wicked
AKA--life frequently happens to us without an omen attaching.

Doesn't 'omen' mean 'an event or happening that you take as sign of something to come'? How are you applying that to God sending rain on the righteous and wicked?

The providence (e.g. sending rain) of God doesn't mean He doesn't withhold. Just because he gives, doesn't mean He doesn't take away. Just because He's good and does good things, doesn't mean He isn't severe, and does evil things.

'Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God...' (Romans 11:22)

The mother who purposely and wilfully drowned her children has committed murder, and she will reap what she has sown. And the children who died at her hands could have very well reaped what they sowed
That your worldview allows for that latter part is simply tragic.

That your worldview doesn't allow for that could itself be considered tragic. You do not know what reality is. Isn't that tragic?

Or you're mistaken. And given how demonstrably often that's happened so far.

In what way(s) have you demonstrated (in other words, proven) me to be wrong? How do you know that I'm not right about the things that I've said?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What if the person or animal isn't feeling pain, is it still suffering?
I just literally provided the definition and it answers your question.

Yeah but who is that coined the definitions found in dictionaries? Was it not humans? And are humans not subjective, in nature?
Sure. How does that alter anything?

Who defines that 'sustained popular usage'? Is it not humans?
Sure.How does that alter anything?

You're assuming that even some men are good. The bible says otherwise:
No, a man indwelled by Christ is a different animal. And some of those, likely many, were littering the beaches on D-day while unrepentant men slept safely in their beds.

It seems there are many things which you cannot perceive
You've already established that need in you. I wonder what's at the root of it.

You needn't explain its definition to me. I knew what it meant. I was pointing out that calling me a doofus is merely your subjective opinion; and therefore cannot be considered objectively, truthfully and realistically right.
It was objectively true that I thought of you as a doofus. And as for "needn't"...supra.

That your worldview doesn't allow for that could itself be considered tragic. You do not know what reality is. Isn't that tragic?
What's tragic is someone blaming the victims of an evil act for their own demise. It's tragic and small and wrong headed, but I don't argue theology with self made prophets. There's no profit in it.

In what way(s) have you demonstrated (in other words, proven) me to be wrong? How do you know that I'm not right about the things that I've said?
All that reduces to is restate the arguments I've already given.

M

Man.0

Sure. How does that alter anything?

It means that if humans are subjective, the definitions in dictionaries must also be subjective.

No, a man indwelled by Christ is a different animal. And some of those, likely many, were littering the beaches on D-day while unrepentant men slept safely in their beds.

Firstly, a man is not an animal. Secondly, could you imagine Peter or Paul (or any other disciple) ever taking up arms, to fight in a war? Do the servants of Christ do such a thing? Do those serving the Lord engross themselves in the world's affairs - fighting in its political wars? Do they get involved in politics?

What's tragic is someone blaming the victims of an evil act for their own demise.

What if I am right about the matter - what will you do then? If only you could swallow your pride and obstinacy, and admit that your perspective is wrong, and that mine is right. You will not admit to me being right, however, because then it means that you are wrong - and that means your world crumbles. You are surely a king in your own eyes; one whose views are the laws of the land. You have built up a kingdom for yourself on this website - you have a reputation to uphold, a pride to keep intact, and a self-identity to preserve. I imagine you have alot more to lose in being wrong, than I do.

It's tragic and small and wrong headed

If the things that I have said on the matter are in fact right, then it's you who are 'wrong headed' and on the side of falsity. Would you be comfortable with being in such a position?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It means that if humans are subjective, the definitions in dictionaries must also be subjective.
You said that already and I answered you on the nature of truth in relation to language. Unless you want to contest a particular or ask a question for clarity I don't know what else there is to say.

...could you imagine Peter or Paul (or any other disciple) ever taking up arms, to fight in a war?
Yes. Especially if they were drafted. Both knew that the God they served had on many occasions called their people to war. Much of it as the aggressor.

Do the servants of Christ do such a thing?
Absolutely. A year ago one of the better Christian examples I knew died. He was a soft spoken man, reverent and kind, who went through the world with a humility and meekness that was exemplary and so rooted you'd never know without being told that as a young man he was a Marine fighting in some of the bloodiest conflict of the Pacific theater of WWII. I don't think you've earned the right to stand in his shadow and judge him, but you go right ahead if you want.

What if I am right about the matter
Then something horrible will be true.

...If only you could swallow your pride and obstinacy, and admit that your perspective is wrong, and that mine is right.
It's neither pride nor obstinacy that precludes me from accepting your context.

You will not admit to me being right, however, because then it means that you are wrong - and that means your world crumbles.
:plain: Or, I think you have it wrong and I don't "admit" it for the same reason I wouldn't "admit" that my favorite flavor of ice cream is trout.

You are surely a king in your own eyes;You have built up a kingdom for yourself on this website - you have a reputation to uphold, a pride to keep intact, and a self-identity to preserve. I imagine you have alot more to lose in being wrong, than I do.
In an internet chat-room. :plain:

If the things that I have said on the matter are in fact right, then it's you who are 'wrong headed' and on the side of falsity.
That's how it works.

Last edited:
M

Man.0

Yes. Especially if they were drafted. Both knew that the God they served had on many occasions called their people to war. Much of it as the aggressor.

Yes, for a spiritual cause. Not political or social. They were serving their God, not the political, nationalistic ideologies of a country - which is what many soldiers have done, and are doing.

Absolutely. A year ago one of the better Christian examples I knew died. He was a soft spoken man, reverent and kind, who went through the world with a humility and meekness that was exemplary and so rooted you'd never know without being told that as a young man he was a Marine fighting in some of the bloodiest conflict of the Pacific theater of WWII. I don't think you've earned the right to stand in his shadow and judge him, but you go right ahead if you want.

I'm not saying they wouldn't fight for valid reasons; but I can't see them fighting for the sake of political agendas - which is what many soldiers do (whether they know it or not). Could you see the disciples being governmental pawns, as many soldiers certainly are? Could you see them fighting just to serve their national country? Aren't Christians citizens of an altogether different kingdom - the kingdom of Heaven (Philippians 3:20)? Why would they then commit themselves to fighting in the political wars of this world? I cannot imagine the disciples being either political or social partisans. I cannot imagine them fighting for ideologies - which is surely what your friend fought for. And being that he was sided with the Allies (yes?) the nationalistic ideology that he fought for, would've been Capitalism/Communism.

Then something horrible will be true.

It's only horrible to you because it offends your own subjective, personal, biased view of what's right. You simply aren't aware of reality, the reality of God's wrath. If you were you wouldn't be offended by the information I've presented. You find what's true to be horrible because you have an unrealisc perspective. Like those who have arachnophobia - they consider spiders to be horrible, because their view is unrealistic. They have a subjective, rather than objective, view on spiders. Likewise you have a subjective, rather than objective, view of God, and His wrath.

It's neither pride nor obstinacy that precludes me from accepting your context.

What is it then, if not pride or obstinacy?

Or, I think you have it wrong and I don't "admit" it for the same reason I wouldn't "admit" that my favorite flavor of ice cream is trout.

So your refusal to "admit" what I say, or have said, is parallel to your dispreference of a certain ice cream flavour. It is rather obvious that you regard what I have said as being the trout ice-cream flavour - the one that is not your preference/favourite. But if this 'trout flavour' is the truth, how can you say you do not prefer it? Do you not prefer truth?

There is no wrong or right ice-cream flavour. There is, however, wrong or right viewpoints and perspectives. You do not "admit" that mine is right because you have a preference for another 'flavour'. Well sir, the only other 'flavour' you have to choose from, apart from truth, is falsity.

Ice-cream flavour is simply a matter of preference. But Truth is not. Truth is not relative, as you seem to be implying. What we have been discussing in this thread is not a matter of preference, but a matter of truth - a matter of what's right and what's wrong. A matter of whether the things I've presented about God's wrath are true, or not.

In an internet chat-room.

Yes, even on an internet chatroom one can build a name and reputation for oneself. Many do so.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Re: would men of God ever wage war?
Yes, for a spiritual cause. Not political or social.
You have a peculiar way of dividing things that aren't necessarily separate. The political and social are frequently advancing a moral and right end. So we can oppose an evil or advance a good politically and it can be integral with the social.

They were serving their God, not the political, nationalistic ideologies of a country - which is what many soldiers have done, and are doing.
Those aren't necessarily either/or propositions. Wars can be moral. I think WWII is as good an example of that as can be summed in the modern age.

I'm not saying they wouldn't fight for valid reasons; but I can't see them fighting for the sake of political agendas - which is what many soldiers do (whether they know it or not).
I think soldiers do their duty and politicians either fail them or not by tying that duty to a worthwhile or worthless cause, but you're moving off the whole point here, which is that people, Christ loving and God fearing people can and do die without that death being anything like a condemnation of them. In fact, people can die nobly, evidencing the greatest love a man is capable of, as one did in this instance attempting to shield a loved one.

Evil men sometimes kill good ones, from John the Baptist to who knows, maybe a group of strangers praying in a church. Condemnation is rightly focused on the killer, not on his victims.

It's only horrible to you because it offends your own subjective, personal, biased view of what's right.
It's horrible to me because it allows for people like you to look upon decent human beings destroyed by evil and create a metaphysical caste system by which they reaped something they sowed. It is a compassionless approach to human suffering that stands contrary to what I believe can be known of God through the example of Jesus Christ.

You simply aren't aware of reality, the reality of God's wrath.
Because I can't possibly be aware and differ? What a proud load that is and what a shame you believe it.

If you were you wouldn't be offended by the information I've presented.
You can couch my reaction/rejection as you like, as you have already, as some insufficiency or emotional response. You can couch your declarations as information instead of assumption, but the truth is I simply differ and I've told you why that is.

Likewise you have a subjective, rather than objective, view of God, and His wrath.
You have a propensity for declaring without any actual reason in support. All that reduces to is, "You don't agree with me, so you must be X." Assumptive nonsense running its legs off in a neat circle.

A reasoned difference. What is your repeated "You can't grasp" (to sum) but an assumptive expression of the very thing you're attempting to lay at my feet?

So your refusal to "admit" what I say, or have said, is parallel to your dispreference of a certain ice cream flavour.
A person can't "admit" a thing they don't accept as true. Why can't you admit you're Hitler? Because you aren't Hitler. Did that help?

...Truth is not relative, as you seem to be implying.
No, I've never said or implied that and no one could read me, quote a passage of my writing in support of the notion, which is why I suppose you don't.

Yes, even on an internet chatroom one can build a name and reputation for oneself. Many do so.
I didn't say I don't have one. I was shaking my head at your "kingdom" creation and the notion of anyone investing that much of themselves...but I already answered on the point. No point in saying it again.

IMJerusha

Yes, IMJ, they all did.

Sure. That's what they said they had the right/power to do. Now what was the issue that caused them to want to exercise the right to leave the Union again?

That's right, slavery.

Really, why, when only 6 percent of Southerners owned slaves, and 3 percent of those owned the majority? That's why the war was often referred to as a rich man's war and a poor man's fight. James I Robertson, author of Tenting Tonight wrote, "By and large, owning slaves was the privilege of the well-to-do. The rank and file of the Southern armies was composed of farmers and laborers who volunteered to protect home and everything dear from Northern invaders, to keep their traditions and be left alone."

I don't think anyone ever disputed that.

Whether disputed or not, the fact that slavery wasn't confined to the South diminishes the point of view that the secession of Southern states and the resulting War was about slavery especially since Lincoln gave Union sympathizing states the okay to retain their slaves.

No one said it only stood for slavery. But it remains a flag that flew over a government that existed because the states enjoined wanted to defend their right to own slaves and to expand the institution.

And yet there are plenty of folks who state otherwise...mostly Republican according to a 2011 CNN Research Poll. The Poll revealed that most Democrats said southern states seceded over slavery, independents were split and most Republicans said slavery was not the main reason that Confederate states left the Union. And contrary to your earlier statement regarding Southerners not considering themselves Confederate, 40% of them, according to that same poll side with the Confederacy and that would make sense since nearly half of all Southern males ages 18-50 (their ancestors) served. In your opinion, however, 40% of your neighbors aren't worthy Southerners. Blood is thicker than you apparently know.

Your mentioning blacks fighting for the confederacy is as off point as someone noting that Native Americans fought for the Union you said was attempting genocide.

I don't think so. And you should know that about 12,000 +/- Native Americans fought for the Confederacy and about 16,000 +/- fought for the Union. That doesn't take away from the eugenics employed against them from the Colonial days on forward in addition to their post Civil War slaughter. This factual article written by Boyd Cothran and Ari Kelman in the NY Times is a good read on that subject: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/05/25/how-the-civil-war-became-the-indian-wars/?_r=0

Oh, sorry to take so long replying but I've been ill, contrary to your thought that I've spun out of orbit or some such ridiculousness. :chuckle:

Last edited:

rexlunae

Really, why, when only 6 percent of Southerners owned slaves, and 3 percent of those owned the majority?

Sounds like the structure of conservatism today. A handful of owners, a small but larger base of people for whom the system has really worked, and a giant mass of rubes who the owners have convinced would be successful if the stupid government would just get out of the way of their success.

Whether disputed or not, the fact that slavery wasn't confined to the South diminishes the point of view that the secession of Southern states and the resulting War was about slavery especially since Lincoln gave Union sympathizing states the okay to retain their slaves.

Regardless, only in the South was the Slave Power great enough to actually control state governments to pass bills of secession. And more in the Deep South than in the borders, on either side of the conflict.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Really, why, when only 6 percent of Southerners owned slaves and 3 percent of those owned the majority?
Because for most of the early part of our nation's life the decisions were made by the empowered. Here's some information from another son of former Confederates who wondered about it from the Civil War Trust site. I'll post a link at the end. It's from a speech given to the Charleston Library Society by nationally recognized historian Gordon Rhea, on Jan. 25, 2011:

As a Southerner with ancestors who fought for the Confederacy, I have been intrigued with the question of why my ancestors felt compelled to leave the United States and set up their own country....The short answer, of course, is Abraham Lincoln’s election as president of the United States. What concerned Southerners most about Lincoln’s election was his opposition to the expansion of slavery into the territories; Southern politicians were clear about that. If new states could not be slave states, went the argument, then it was only a matter of time before the South’s clout in Congress would fade, abolitionists would be ascendant, and the South’s “peculiar institution” – the right to own human beings as property – would be in peril...(link)​

Rhea has been a member of numerous boards of directors of historical societies, magazines, and historic preservation organizations, including the Civil War Library and Museum, Philadelphia, and North and South magazine. Mr. Rhea has appeared on History Channel, A&E Channel, and Discovery Channel in programs related to American history and has written scores of articles for various scholarly and popular publications. His books, which are considered authoritative in their fields, include: To Appomattox; The Battle of the Wilderness; To the North Anna River: Grant and Lee; Cold Harbor: Grant and Lee; Carrying the Flag; Lee, Grant, and ‘Prescience’ in the Overland Campaign; Contributor, The Oxford Companion to American Military History, etc.​

He goes on to examine the reason why those other Southerners were on board with the elite. It's a thoughtful and interesting article covering everything from reaction to a feeling of isolation to the religious rhetoric of the day.

Shortly after Lincoln’s election, Presbyterian minister Benjamin Morgan Palmer, originally from Charleston, gave a sermon entitled, “The South Her Peril and Her Duty.” He announced that the election had brought to the forefront one issue – slavery – that required him to speak out. Slavery, he explained, was a question of morals and religion, and was now the central question in the crisis of the Union. The South, he went on, had a “providential trust to conserve and to perpetuate the institution of slavery as now existing.”​

And so on.

No, it really doesn't if you read what the people who decided the issue had to say. I've addressed why Lincoln's assurances weren't reassuring and why his larger rhetoric fueled the anti Union sentiment.

And yet there are plenty of folks who state otherwise...
There are plenty of people who think we never landed on the moon.

mostly Republican according to a 2011 CNN Research Poll. The Poll revealed that most Democrats said southern states seceded over slavery, independents were split and most Republicans said slavery was not the main reason that Confederate states left the Union.
I'm not going to say a great many Republicans were simply ignorant of particular knowledge on the point, but I'm fine with you doing it. Because they were in 2011.

And contrary to your earlier statement regarding Southerners not considering themselves Confederate, 40% of them, according to that same poll side with the Confederacy and that would make sense since nearly half of all Southern males ages 18-50 (their ancestors) served.
That's not contrary to my statement that Southerners don't refer to themselves or consider themselves Confederates in the main. It remains true. Side with the Confederacy in what sense? I'm betting what I'll find if you provide a link is that that strong minority (emphasis on minority) supported the idea that the Southern states had a right to leave the Union. I doubt they were in support with the position on slavery.

In your opinion, however, 40% of your neighbors aren't worthy Southerners.
Quote what I actually said. Better yet, I will:
...Translation: Southerners with pride in their Confederate ancestry are yahoos and all others are good and decent people.
Or, Southerners who take pride in a slave state that permitted dehumanizing and unspeakable acts of barbarism are yahoos, either ignorant of that history or, worse, indifferent to it. Sure, they're embarrassing hold overs from the asinine romanticism of the period.

On my noting that some blacks fighting for the South was no more significant that some Native Americans fighting for the Union against Native Americans.
I don't think so.
Why not? You seem to think the fact that some misguided souls of color fought for the people who would keep them enslaved was worth considering. I'm only noting that the Union used Native Americans in its war on Native Americans.

And you should know that about 12,000 +/- Native Americans fought for the Confederacy and about 16,000 +/- fought for the Union.
Having nothing whatsoever to do with my point, but interesting.

That doesn't take away from the eugenics employed against them from the Colonial days on forward in addition to their post Civil War slaughter.
Again and finally, the U.S. never had a genocidal position on the Native American and you'll never produce a document that contradicts me on the point. We fought them over land and ultimately won. Some horrific things were done by both during that struggle. Ultimately the more scientifically advanced Western powers prevailed.

Oh, sorry to take so long replying but I've been ill,
Sorry to hear it. Hope you're feeling better.

contrary to your thought that I've spun out of orbit or some such ridiculousness. :chuckle:
I don't recall speculating, but if the thought that I did makes you happy who am I to oppose it?

M

Man.0

Pardon the hiatus. I was temporarily banned for my heretical views. Just joking, I was banned for another reason. Anyway, back to regular scheduled programming...

By the way, I have responded to your most recent post in the 'Objectivity' thread in the Religion forum.

You have a peculiar way of dividing things that aren't necessarily separate. The political and social are frequently advancing a moral and right end.

And how well have the 'political and social' been doing in 'advancing a moral and right end.' ?

So we can oppose an evil or advance a good politically and it can be integral with the social.

How about the greatest good - namely, the kingdom of God - can that be advanced politically/socially? I wouldn't be surprised if you think that the kingdom of God will come through political/social means. Surely many of the 1st century Jews thought that would be the case. And surely many of them still have that expectation.

Those aren't necessarily either/or propositions. Wars can be moral. I think WWII is as good an example of that as can be summed in the modern age.

What moral cause was being fought for in WWII?

I think soldiers do their duty and politicians either fail them or not by tying that duty to a worthwhile or worthless cause, but you're moving off the whole point here, which is that people, Christ loving and God fearing people can and do die without that death being anything like a condemnation of them.

Do not mistake me for saying that Christians do not die bloody deaths. Peter was crucified. Stephen was stoned. Their deaths glorified God. But in what way(s) do the soldiers fighting in political, man-made wars glorify God by their deaths?

Evil men sometimes kill good ones, from John the Baptist to who knows, maybe a group of strangers praying in a church.

How do you know that they were good? How do you know that they weren't disobeying God in their lives?

Condemnation is rightly focused on the killer, not on his victims.

What if the 'victims' did things (namely, committing sin) to warrant that type of death? If they were doing such things, then death was indeed deserved.

'And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.'
(Romans 1:28-32)

It's horrible to me because it allows for people like you to look upon decent human beings

Again, how do you know they were decent? Were you aware of their hearts, like God is (Luke 16:15)? How are sinners 'decent human beings'?

destroyed by evil and create a metaphysical caste system by which they reaped something they sowed.

You do not believe in that biblical principle then - of reaping what one sows?

It is a compassionless approach to human suffering that stands contrary to what I believe

And what you believe is right... isn't it?

can be known of God through the example of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ was always compassionate wasn't He, never angry and severe?

You simply aren't aware of reality, the reality of God's wrath.
Because I can't possibly be aware and differ? What a proud load that is and what a shame you believe it.

If you were aware of the reality that pertains to this matter (the reality of the incident being the wrath of God), then you wouldn't differ to the view I hold (a view which I didn't create by myself - but was formed, and informed, by true knowledge). Instead, you would agree with me. For two people aware of one singular truth wouldn't differ in their views, but rather, would be united and unifed by that one truth.

You can couch my reaction/rejection as you like, as you have already, as some insufficiency or emotional response. You can couch your declarations as information instead of assumption, but the truth is I simply differ and I've told you why that is.

You differ to the truth and you're not willing to accept that. If that's that not obstinacy, I don't know what is. You deny that it's not, but your fruits seem to say otherwise.

You have a propensity for declaring without any actual reason in support. All that reduces to is, "You don't agree with me, so you must be X." Assumptive nonsense running its legs off in a neat circle.

If you disagree with the truth (which you do), that's how I know your perspective is false.

A reasoned difference. What is your repeated "You can't grasp" (to sum) but an assumptive expression of the very thing you're attempting to lay at my feet?

A 'reasoned difference'. You see, you arrived at your conclusion (of the shooting incident not being the wrath of God) by reason...did you not? (And do you know that one can reason their way to a wrong conclusion?). I however did not come to the conclusion (of the shooting incident being the wrath of God) through reason, but rather, through revelation. If not for revelation, I wouldn't know.
:
A person can't "admit" a thing they don't accept as true. Why can't you admit you're Hitler? Because you aren't Hitler. Did that help?

But just because that person doesn't accept it as true, doesn't mean that it isn't true! If you don't accept that the world is round.... fine... but that doesn't mean that it isn't true. I suppose you may now ask me, 'Prove that what you have said, and do say, is true'. My friend, if proof is what you want I can't offer it. This is not simply a matter of science - where one can prove physical facts. What we are dealing with here is a spiritual thing. You require revelation, Town Heretic. When you have that revelation, you will no longer ask for proof.

I didn't say I don't have one. I was shaking my head at your "kingdom" creation and the notion of anyone investing that much of themselves...

You'd be surprised how much of themselves people invest on an internet forum. With over 18,000 posts you've clearly invested alot.