Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

journey

Man.O

You're making yourself a nutcase. What makes you think that those murdered at the S.C. church were members of a false religion OR took God's Name in vain? On top of everything else, you identify yourself as "Other" - not a "Christian". What does the "Other" stand for? I think that your judgment is FALSE, and you should be more careful with what websites you read.

drbrumley

Wow, the implication of what ManO is saying is Dylan Roof was sent by God to administer justice.

So why is the state of South Carolina putting him on trial?

M

Man.0

Well I suspect it was because you were idiotic enough to suggest that some nutcase shooting people up was a sign of the wrath of God instead of it just being a nutcase going haywire with a gun...

:plain:

You're making it seem as if the rampage was an arbitary, random occurrence. Is that all we should take it as - 'a nutcase going haywire with a gun'? Do we live in an arbitary, random universe; controlled by an arbitary, random God?

Last edited:

rexlunae

Reflecting the question I asked back to me - is that because you can't answer the question yourself?

It's actually because you didn't give any real basis to support your belief in your original post. There's not much response to be given to a naked assertion with no underlying reason.

I was made aware of all this through a website called thepathoftruth.com. And if not for revelation (from God); that is, God giving me eyes to see and ears to hear, I wouldn't understand the things taught on that site.

Well, there's not much I can do with that one way or the other, since it's unspecific and subjective, except to note that some of your later comments lead me to doubt that your eyes see as well as you think.

What you don't know is that God uses men as instruments of His wrath - along with other instruments such as famine and pestilence.

He uses evil to punish evil.

You're right. I don't know that. And neither do you.

Do you believe that God only sends good, never evil? Is He only a God of goodness, never of severity? Is His wrath nullified because we are now in the 'age of the dispensation of grace', as some believe?

No, it's safe to say I don't believe in any god like that. How are those enchanted eyes working for you? You say they can see, but can they read?

The shooter was an instrument used by God to deliver His judgment on sinners - in this case, those who take His name in vain. Is it any coincidence that the people who were killed were professing Christians, part of Babylon (the system of false religion)? Babylon, which in the book of Revelation is marked out for destruction:

You realize that Babylon was a city, right?

journey

They weren't genuine Christians, but professors, taking His name in vain. And God doesn't hold them guitless for doing so. They were punished.

That might be your opinion, and that would be coming from someone listing themselves as "Other" instead of "Christian". What does that "Other" stand for? Maybe you deserve punishment more than those murdered in S.C.

journey

You're making it seem as if the rampage was an arbitary, random occurrence. Is that all we should take it as - 'a nutcase going haywire with a gun'?

The shooter is a raging racist who hates Black people. He chose his victims partially on their lack of threat to him while carrying out his mass murder. In other words, he was a coward also. Otherwise, he could have chosen a Black street gang to attack.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wow, the implication of what ManO is saying is Dylan Roof was sent by God to administer justice.

So why is the state of South Carolina putting him on trial?
Because the Federal government won't let them. :plain: :eek:

No, if I cut myself shaving, that's a result of my carelessness; or even the natural consequence of using a sharp blade on soft skin.
Well I'm glad to know there's a break in there somewhere...so it's mostly other people's suffering that has the hand of God in it?

Do tell me, pray, how it was idiotic, insulting and depraved? If it was those things, wouldn't it be right for you to let me know how, and why?
Well, there's:
...The shooter was an instrument used by God to deliver His judgment on sinners - in this case, those who take His name in vain. Is it any coincidence that the people who were killed were professing Christians...
That'll do, prig. That'll do.

Arthur Brain

You're making it seem as if the rampage was an arbitary, random occurrence. Is that all we should take it as - 'a nutcase going haywire with a gun'?

Well yeah. Using your "logic" every time someone gets murdered, raped, molested etc it's at the decree of God. I suppose the death camps in WWII were the same right, along with any other atrocity?

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
Well yeah. Using your "logic" every time someone gets murdered, raped, molested etc it's at the decree of God. I suppose the death camps in WWII were the same right, along with any other atrocity?

This logic would also suppose, by extension, that God also causes every good thing to happen, which ultimately dismisses any debt of guilt in God's actions.

~just throwing out some brain food~

Arthur Brain

This logic would also suppose, by extension, that God also causes every good thing to happen, which ultimately dismisses any debt of guilt in God's actions.

~just throwing out some brain food~

Well, you're sure throwing out something...although a bin would be the preferable receptacle.

Arthur Brain

God has an incredibly ruthless side to Him in regard to sin and it's spirit in this world.

That includes what, ordaining psychos to murder people, rape, molest and torture? Cos that's what you're suggesting. Somehow, I reckon if you were a surviving victim of such, you wouldn't be so flippantly and callously blasé on the topic.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
That includes what, ordaining psychos to murder people, rape, molest and torture? Cos that's what you're suggesting. Somehow, I reckon if you were a surviving victim of such, you wouldn't be so flippantly and callously blasé on the topic.

According to Protestant doctrine, the Roman Church is the Whore of Babylon.
I'm pretty much inclined to agree.

Arthur Brain

According to Protestant doctrine, the Roman Church is the Whore of Babylon.
I'm pretty much inclined to agree.

Is it really? Oh, goody. I happen to think that anybody who thinks that a psychopath who kills indiscriminately for whatsoever reason is 'ordained' by God to do so to be a complete berk, regardless of denomination.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
Is it really? Oh, goody. I happen to think that anybody who thinks that a psychopath who kills indiscriminately for whatsoever reason is 'ordained' by God to do so to be a complete berk, regardless of denomination.

Well that's the papacy for you. It was noted in the 1500's, by the reformers themselves and by the eviidence of scripture that the papcy is, in fact, the Devil :D

Arthur Brain

Well that's the papacy for you. It was noted in the 1500's, by the reformers themselves and by the eviidence of scripture that the papcy is, in fact, the Devil :D

Oh, excuse me for a sec...

Sorry about that, my fridge felt compelled to inform me that the theory of papal infallibility was founded by a herd of Thompson's gazelles circa -741 BC and was hitherto upheld by another herd one hour later until something interesting happened...

Unfortunately that isn't on record right now...

Last edited:

zoo22

Didn't you used to list yourself as Catholic under one of your banned usernames?

Was one of them Muslim?

Wow, zoo22. That's just a low ball right there. What proposes that I am whoever you are talking about?

Oh am I mistaken? It's tough to remember the sock puppet usernames and the religions... Crowns&Laurels, sum1sgrudj, skbringr, homeskillet... I remember you'd said you were Catholic (as skybringr?) but for some reason I thought you'd also identified as a Muslim at one point. Whatever.

Homeskillet sure went out in a ball of flames. That was kind of pathetic.

Anyway, I hope someone realizes soon that you're here again and sends you packing.

M

Man.0

It's actually because you didn't give any real basis to support your belief in your original post. There's not much response to be given to a naked assertion with no underlying reason.

Did I not provide Scripture?

Well, there's not much I can do with that one way or the other, since it's unspecific and subjective, except to note that some of your later comments lead me to doubt that your eyes see as well as you think.

How do you know if I do not 'see as well as you think', if you don't know what true vision is? How can you, being blind, point to one who has been given sight, and say, 'You can't see as well as you think!"?

Originally Posted by Man.0
What you don't know is that God uses men as instruments of His wrath - along with other instruments such as famine and pestilence.

He uses evil to punish evil.
You're right. I don't know that. And neither do you.

So what you're saying is that the actions and motives of God are unknowable - even if He reveals it to a person? Or are you saying that He doesn't reveal such things? Do you know for sure that He doesn't?

No, it's safe to say I don't believe in any god like that.

What god do you believe in then? A god that you have formed in your own image? Isn't that idolatry? Is the god that you believe in only a graceful god, not a god of vengeance and wrath?

You realize that Babylon was a city, right?

Babylon was indeed a literal city. But the Babylon that the book of Revelation refers to, isn't that city. The Babylon that is being referred to in Revelation is a figurative, blood-thirsty whore who commits spiritual fornication and physical murder:

'And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.' (Revelation 17:5)

'And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.' (Revelation 18:24)

'Babylon must fall because of the slain of Israel, even as the slain of all the earth fell because of Babylon.' (Jeremiah 51:49)