Shame.org - come on guys we can beat Florida!

Chileice

This Thread should be voted number one at www.stupid.com. I can't believe even the posters here would revel so much in being ridiculed and mocked. I mean this is more stupid than all the Squeaky, Leo Volont, Jaguar Prince and get rich quick threads combined. And that is not a good thing!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Chileice

This Thread should be voted number one at www.stupid.com. I can't believe even the posters here would revel so much in being ridiculed and mocked. I mean this is more stupid than all the Squeaky, Leo Volont, Jaguar Prince and get rich quick threads combined. And that is not a good thing!
Party pooper.

JoyfulRook

Matthew 10:22
"You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved."

Luke 6:22
"Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man."

John 15:18
"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you."

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by beanieboy

You are going about this all wrong.

You should be doing things much more proactively.

For example, go door to door in your neighborhood, or spam millions of people with email asking for the government to execute homosexuals, and add, "for more info, contact TOL." Then other people will vote for you rather than you having to vote for yourselves.

That is a good idea. Where do you live?:D

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theo_victis

WHY DONT THEY RESPOND? i nominated them a while ago and they still havent even sent me an email telling me off. that makes me sad! I WANT HATE MAIL!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

They haven't responded to me yet either. :( I guess my note wasn't filled with enough hatred.

Cyrus of Persia

I didnt bothered to check out what nominate we should vote TOL since now.

shame.org

hmm...

I would compare the site i saw there with some sectantical Christian Forums i have seen (IMHO TOL tends to be sectantical in some degrees, but is still the best English Forum i have seen so far. Although Beliefnet might beat TOL, but i have not visited Beliefnet enough to be sure). It's ridiculous that shame.org will label pics like: "Repent, or you shall perish" as shameful things. Seems that while part of U.S. is running into religious fanaticism (in bad sense) the other wing is running into religious tolerancy (in bad sense, because it is intolerant toward free speech and discriminates many people while their initial motive was maybe to get rid of any discrimination).

I must congrate you, Americans - you live in really INTERESTING country. God's zoo is amazing, like the saying goes.

Still i do not vote for you as most shameful forum, because i want to remain honest toward myself. There are some other forums that propagate IMO more hatred toward homosexuals than TOL. And secondly, i do not want to get my hands dirty with the site shame.org what seems to be run by as similar silly people like christian reconstructivists are.

Lovejoy

Just giving this a bump. I went over today and voted for all my favorites monsters, like the Red Cross and the Boy Scouts. TOL is still ahead of Russia!

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow it looks like Russia just isn't that intolerant. They don't even have one hundred votes!

Mustard Seed

The irony of it all is that they are implying there's a right and wrong by stating something is shamefull. Whenever there's a right and a wrong intollerance can be used as a label. If your on the 'good' side then even just ignoring the other side or refusing to participate could be seen as discrimination. With no solid basis on which to classify that which is shamefull and that which is not they are open to the label of shamefull, hypocritical and intollerant more than anyone else because their intollerance has no firm basis or foundation and hence is beyond subjective and simply inane.

I don't see the big exhilaration out of voting the site in other than to mock the system. I'm not saying mocking the system is necesarily wrong as Jesus can easily be perceived as mocking the Scribes at some points (as can many other prophets) but I don't know if just any mocking is necesarily justified even if the recepient is fully deserving the ridicule.

Crow

Or you could just do what a lot of us do and go over there and vote for us because it's an ironic and funny way to make fun of a bunch of morons who are intolerant of other people for being intolerant.

Lovejoy

Originally posted by Mustard Seed

The irony of it all is that they are implying there's a right and wrong by stating something is shamefull. Whenever there's a right and a wrong intollerance can be used as a label. If your on the 'good' side then even just ignoring the other side or refusing to participate could be seen as discrimination. With no solid basis on which to classify that which is shamefull and that which is not they are open to the label of shamefull, hypocritical and intollerant more than anyone else because their intollerance has no firm basis or foundation and hence is beyond subjective and simply inane.

I don't see the big exhilaration out of voting the site in other than to mock the system. I'm not saying mocking the system is necesarily wrong as Jesus can easily be perceived as mocking the Scribes at some points (as can many other prophets) but I don't know if just any mocking is necesarily justified even if the recepient is fully deserving the ridicule.

It makes me happy to know that their voting system is completely scewed by false votes. Besides, some of the things that they think are evil (such as supporting a marriage ammendment) I take pride in. So I vote my conscience. :angel:

Crow

Right now, TOL is at 990 votes. Y'all are welcome to use the handy vote link in my signature to go and vote us up to 1000.