Satan, Inc (TOL's heretic's list)

Lon

Jesus taught the gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, that all men and women are the Sons and Daughters of the living God, that salvation is by faith. Paul's gospel is largely about Jesus as a human sacrifice, a continuation of the old Pagan ideas adopted by evolved Judaism that there is no remission of sin without the shedding of blood.

If this wasn't true it wouldn't bother you, you wouldn't give (2) people the attention that you do on a board with many.
:doh: Lies and damnable lies bother us. Here is an experiment. Start a Mormon thread just for fun. Quote the PoGP and DoC as well as BoM. See if the exact same things don't happen. We get a little protective of 'our' website. We probably are over-zealous, but there you go. How you two can possibly imagine that we are anything but bothered and chagrined by heresy, is beyond me. It is only grace in praying for you two and hoping something will stick that makes me, in particular, post here. I really do want you both out of this cultic heresy mess. It is also like watching a train wreck, I can't believe what I'm actually seeing from you two. STOP! DESIST! YOU ARE BOTH GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!

The idea that an innocent deity must die so that the ultimate deity, who is Love, can finally forgive is an invention of humans not deity.
Er, no. It was necessary for this alone, but more: Romans 6:23 The wages of sin equals death.
To DRIVE that point home to a lost people, there was necessarily a death theme to the Gospel message. We weren't just 'having problems.' We were/are dying to death. I'm kind of breaking my sandal shaking rule, but I often pray repetition might actually break through your UB façade and get you actually thinking past your own nose. You and Freelight don't understand much about Christianity or Christ. You really don't. Neither did the folks making up the UB stuff in an apartment.

Choleric

“Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower and he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit and the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first and they did likewise to them. Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?” They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.”

The human sacrifice proponents have the landowner planning all along for his messengers to get whacked! so that the landowner could finally forgive the tenants.

Can you tell me what you make of the sacrifice throughout the Old Testament that God Himself set up?

Where did Job learn about blood sacrifice? Why did God ask Abraham to offer up Isaac? Why was there such a thing as the Passover, that was based on the presence of innocent blood? Why was there a blood sacrifice intertwined throughout the OT system? What does Isaiah 53 prophesy about? Who was wounded for our transgressions?

Why did Jesus Himself prophesy of His death? Who is the person that Israel will look upon and ask "where did you get these wounds in thine hands?"

Can you tell me what significance all of this is if God didn't set it up?

It's going to be a while but eventually the original gospel of the kingdom will be preached to the world after the ignorant die off.

It has been 2,000 years. How many of these "ignorant" people have to die?

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:doh: Lies and damnable lies bother us. Here is an experiment. Start a Mormon thread just for fun. Quote the PoGP and DoC as well as BoM. See if the exact same things don't happen. We get a little protective of 'our' website. We probably are over-zealous, but there you go. How you two can possibly imagine that we are anything but bothered and chagrined by heresy, is beyond me. It is only grace in praying for you two and hoping something will stick that makes me, in particular, post here. I really do want you both out of this cultic heresy mess. It is also like watching a train wreck, I can't believe what I'm actually seeing from you two. STOP! DESIST! YOU ARE BOTH GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!

Er, no. It was necessary for this alone, but more: Romans 6:23 The wages of sin equals death.
To DRIVE that point home to a lost people, there was necessarily a death theme to the Gospel message. We weren't just 'having problems.' We were/are dying to death. I'm kind of breaking my sandal shaking rule, but I often pray repetition might actually break through your UB façade and get you actually thinking past your own nose. You and Freelight don't understand much about Christianity or Christ. You really don't. Neither did the folks making up the UB stuff in an apartment.

We understand that the gospel of Jesus became contaminated by a lot of old ideas such as the Persian doctrines of original, inherited sin.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Can you tell me what you make of the sacrifice throughout the Old Testament that God Himself set up?

Where did Job learn about blood sacrifice? Why did God ask Abraham to offer up Isaac? Why was there such a thing as the Passover, that was based on the presence of innocent blood? Why was there a blood sacrifice intertwined throughout the OT system? What does Isaiah 53 prophesy about? Who was wounded for our transgressions?

Why did Jesus Himself prophesy of His death? Who is the person that Israel will look upon and ask "where did you get these wounds in thine hands?"

Can you tell me what significance all of this is if God didn't set it up?

It has been 2,000 years. How many of these "ignorant" people have to die?

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

The answer to all of your questions is this, most purely evolved religions have sacrifices of some sort in an attempt to persuade God or God(s). God didn't set up the sacrificial systems, men did. Animal sacrifice was a substitute for the previous practice of human sacrifice.

Jesus didn't teach sacrifices for sin, he taught transformational, faith based, sincere repentance and a commitment to a new life of seeking and doing Gods will as a child of God. "Go and sin no more" "be you perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect".

Choleric

The answer to all of your questions is this, most purely evolved religions have sacrifices of some sort in an attempt to persuade God or God(s). God didn't set up the sacrificial systems, men did. Animal sacrifice was a substitute for the previous practice of human sacrifice.

Jesus didn't teach sacrifices for sin, he taught transformational, faith based, sincere repentance and a commitment to a new life of seeking and doing Gods will as a child of God. "Go and sin no more" "be you perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect".

So are you saying the entire sacrificial system in the bible from cover to cover is an invention of men?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So are you saying the entire sacrificial system in the bible from cover to cover is an invention of men?

God said it:
But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

The divine brilliance of the Son incarnate on earth was such that he taught what was true and left the old ideas to eventually die off.

Choleric

God said it:
But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. "But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

The divine brilliance of the Son incarnate on earth was such that he taught what was true and left the old ideas to eventually die off.

But in order to believe what you do, don't you essentially toss out all mentions of blood sacrifice and just kind of pick and choose your way through scripture, claiming that things that don't line up with you way of thinking are made up and those that do are legitimate? Essentially you make yourself your final authority?

Lon

We understand that the gospel of Jesus became contaminated by a lot of old ideas such as the Persian doctrines of original, inherited sin.
You don't accept Jesus Christ as scripture portrays Him. You have a LOT more hang-ups than simply trying to figure out who 'recognized' original sin. You are so far from us in rejection, the only thing worth mentioning here is that you are not a Christian, and we are. That's really all this thread is about. It doesn't have to really be discussed, just recognized. Okay, you are on the heretic list. Done deal. Simply "Urantian." Good enough, right?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You don't accept Jesus Christ as scripture portrays Him. You have a LOT more hang-ups than simply trying to figure out who 'recognized' original sin. You are so far from us in rejection, the only thing worth mentioning here is that you are not a Christian, and we are. That's really all this thread is about. It doesn't have to really be discussed, just recognized. Okay, you are on the heretic list. Done deal. Simply "Urantian." Good enough, right?

Caino is the "Prince of all Urantians."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
But in order to believe what you do, don't you essentially toss out all mentions of blood sacrifice and just kind of pick and choose your way through scripture, claiming that things that don't line up with you way of thinking are made up and those that do are legitimate? Essentially you make yourself your final authority?

Blood sacrifice is a phase that evolutionary religion goes through. Many other religions were going through it at the same time Judaism was. In fact Judaism itself naturally gravitated away from the barbaric practice of substitute slaughter for ones own sins.

In the religion of Jesus we actually set out to change instead of making our weekly sacrifice of so called clean animals.

I understand your question about the authority of the Hebrew scripture. It's not a matter of "picking and choosing" in a self deceptive way, it's a matter of navigating through truth and error. Holy men wrote the Bible, they established their own authority by insisting God wrote the Bible. God is my final authority and judge.

The religions of authority divide men, the religion of the spirt bring men together.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

I'm a disciple of Jesus of Nazareth, we didn't leave Jesus, Christianity left him. Heretic is simply a legalistic term created by the authorities of your purely social institution.

There was the religion of Jesus that he lived and preached, then there is a religion about Jesus that developed after he left lead mainly by a former persecutor of Christians who had a conversion experience. A man who didn't have the opportunity to sit at Jesus' feet and learn about the original gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven.

You assume that everyone would want to be a part of a church that has you guys as members.

Choleric

Blood sacrifice is a phase that evolutionary religion goes through. Many other religions were going through it at the same time Judaism was. In fact Judaism itself naturally gravitated away from the barbaric practice of substitute slaughter for ones own sins.

Blood sacrifice started in the garden, when God clothed Adam and eve with animal skins. That is why we see Abel bringing a sacrifice and Job as well. God invented blood sacrifice.

And Judaism never moved away from it, God sent His Son and in the old Judaic system "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

In the religion of Jesus we actually set out to change instead of making our weekly sacrifice of so called clean animals.

Change what? According to God, you cannot be forgiven without the Blood of the Lamb. God set it up that way.

I understand your question about the authority of the Hebrew scripture. It's not a matter of "picking and choosing" in a self deceptive way, it's a matter of navigating through truth and error. Holy men wrote the Bible, they established their own authority by insisting God wrote the Bible. God is my final authority and judge.

We know God wrote the bible because of all the prophecies that men could not have written. God wrote it. You are definitely making yourself the final authority by deciding, based on your own understanding, what is and is not worthy of your consideration.

God established the authority of scripture by bringing to pass the things prophesied.

The religions of authority divide men, the religion of the spirt bring men together.

Jesus said He came to divide mother against daughter and father against son. You are either under the blood or you are under the wrath.

You seem to have fallen for a deception from a demon who is disguising himself as an angel of light. All these fallen angels that disguise themselves as "men from outer space" with new revelations are really just demons.

Greek mythology is based on worship of fallen beings who claimed to be from outer space. They had great strength and knowledge. They are all demons.

Please repent of this dead works religion caino. You are going to go to hell and you will take your whole family with you. Please please reconsider.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Blood sacrifice started in the garden, when God clothed Adam and eve with animal skins. That is why we see Abel bringing a sacrifice and Job as well. God invented blood sacrifice.

And Judaism never moved away from it, God sent His Son and in the old Judaic system "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

Change what? According to God, you cannot be forgiven without the Blood of the Lamb. God set it up that way.

We know God wrote the bible because of all the prophecies that men could not have written. God wrote it. You are definitely making yourself the final authority by deciding, based on your own understanding, what is and is not worthy of your consideration.

God established the authority of scripture by bringing to pass the things prophesied.

Jesus said He came to divide mother against daughter and father against son. You are either under the blood or you are under the wrath.

You seem to have fallen for a deception from a demon who is disguising himself as an angel of light. All these fallen angels that disguise themselves as "men from outer space" with new revelations are really just demons.

Greek mythology is based on worship of fallen beings who claimed to be from outer space. They had great strength and knowledge. They are all demons.

Please repent of this dead works religion caino. You are going to go to hell and you will take your whole family with you. Please please reconsider.

According to Jesus we are forgiven by faith.

There is no place called hell nor an evil God who tortures his finite children for an eternity. That's an invention of the priesthood.

True, we are divided between the original gospel which I stand for and the contaminated gospel of human sacrifice.

Jesus and his apostles didn't spend 3+ years going around Israel teaching Christ and him crucified. Pauls gospel overwhelmed the original gospel.

I'm already saved an I know it.

PureX

That is not my understanding of it.

We are forgiven. Period. But we are healed and saved from ourselves, by faith.

Faith is not a requirement of God's forgiveness. His grace is freely given to all. Whether or not we accept and acknowledge this gift, however, and we are healed by it, is up to us.

There is no place called hell nor an evil God who tortures his finite children for an eternity. That's an invention of the priesthood.
I agree. If we experience any sort of "hell", it will be self-inflicted, not a divine punishment.

True, we are divided between the original gospel which I stand for and the contaminated gospel of human sacrifice.
The religion of "law", and the religion of "spirit". Many proclaim themselves to be "Christians", and yet have no idea why that even means.

Choleric

Correct. But it is faith in something particular, not something in general. Faith in the wrong thing will land you in hell.

this is mere deception. Jesus Himself preached on hell more than anyone else. HOW can you claim to believe in Jesus when you throw out half of His teachings?

the blood of JEsus cleanseth theef from all sins. IF you discount the blood , you are lost. you are rewriting the whole bible to believe this.

Jesus and his apostles didn't spend 3+ years going around Israel teaching Christ and him crucified. Pauls gospel overwhelmed the original gospel.

Correct, it was mostly Jesus who preached that message. The disciples didn't want to believe it:

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Mat 20:18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
Mat 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

I'm already saved an I know it.

Not if you dismiss the blood of the covenant. You have to have a ton of white out in your bible to believe what you do.