Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oh and granite, i guess you forgot my son was shot to death in a drive by on the highway.

Didn't see Al Sharpton anywhere around - mine was just another white boy driving down the road in the wrong part of town, and the black detective isnt too bothered to solve it.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Why doesnt racism PERIOD, bother some of you? Why is it acceptable one way but not the other? It should NOT be acceptable at ALL.

Because their consciences are seared by their self-agrandized agendas, etc.

Nobody could ever be right except the flaming liberals. Just ask them.

Only whites or majorities can be racist or otherwise bigotted. It's required, and all else gets a pass along with an inversion.

Racism of ANY kind by ANY people group is unacceptable, just like any other such bias.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Because their consciences are seared by their self-agrandized agendas, etc.

Nobody could ever be right except the flaming liberals. Just ask them.

Only whites or majorities can be racist or otherwise bigotted. It's required, and all else gets a pass along with an inversion.

Racism of ANY kind by ANY people group is unacceptable, just like any other such bias.

Correct.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is quite a sizable presumptive bare assertion,
No, it was a bare bones posit rooted in observation. To get into it a bit more: A) You claim racism is inherent. I'd actually say that racism is a distortion of the inherent mistrust of the other, the different by degree, but accepting your premise B) the mainstay of social order would be inherently invested in maintaining that, the status quo and C) it would necessarily follow that those who bucked that status quo wouldn't be a part of the group defending it.

Conservatives defend the status quo, the traditional value, the social norm. It follows that liberals are the moving force behind opposing and defeating racism.

It really has been futile to attempt to penetrate your fascade of self-assuredness at every turn.
How would you know? Not only haven't you engaged in debate, you won't even expose your source material when you declare/object. I've commented on the problems and reasonable inference on that point prior.

And it's not a facade. You know how you can tell? I'm ready to engage on the point and oppose you reasonably, rationally, to point out the contradiction in your thinking as I did by illustration in that bit.

No. But you'll never seen anything differently. It's difficult for me to even fathom someone with salvific faith having your skewed views.
I've changed a number of ideas over the years, but you'd have to engage to get at that instead of make sweeping pronouncements and assumptions. On the plus side, it's a great way for you to avoid that engagement you seem uncomfortable with...and as to the off handed shot at my faith, classy.

Now we all know what you're good at. How are you at making and defending points?

The allegedly tolerant are the most voraciously intolerant I've ever seen or known. Bogus.
Imagine how that would look as an argument...I suppose we'll all have to. :plain:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh and granite, i guess you forgot my son was shot to death in a drive by on the highway.

Didn't see Al Sharpton anywhere around - mine was just another white boy driving down the road in the wrong part of town, and the black detective isnt too bothered to solve it.

Which tragic as it is has nothing to do with anything we're talking about.

IMJerusha

Oh yeah, it does. Where's Jesse Jackson to march against that inhuman act? Why isn't he putting the pressure on Police to locate her son's killer? Racism is most definitely a two way street! BTW, "tragic as it is" sounds pretty darned trite.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

None of that matters. You're white and you're the racist. Your son's death means nothing to them. Only the deaths of non-whites.

Ignore the real epidemic of black on black crime. Ignore any racism against whites. It doesn't exist because they say so.

Even if you've never been racist, you're white. So you're the majority and the racist. Minorities can't ever be racist or perpetrators.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Perspective has tons to do with what we are talking about, you demanded what i would know about not being the chosen one basically.

I know a ton about it, and yet i don't put the blame on a people as a whole but on thugs with entitlement mentality that are enabled by those who pretend some of them do nothing wrong and actually deserve to be able to do their wrongs as some kind of reparation and not have to pay for their crimes because they are the "real" victims while they make victims out of others.

A wrong done to someone doesn't give them a blank check to wrong others who did nothing to them.

Racism is racism is racism and yes it exists all ways, not just one.

Would you understand if i decided to be a racist? No, even though i have suffered from it - so why do you "understand" when the other side does it?

Its wrong no matter who does it, its not 'understandable' no matter who does it. Another wrong doesnt even anything up, its just another wrong.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

What an insensitive prick (ly cactus). Go spit, you inhuman.

No mother of any race should have to endure such drivel about their dead child at the hands of needless hate-mongering that is denied.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Perspective has tons to do with what we are talking about, you demanded what i would know about not being the chosen one basically.

I know a ton about it, and yet i don't put the blame on a people as a whole but on thugs with entitlement mentality that are enabled by those who pretend some of them do nothing wrong and actually deserve to be able to do their wrongs as some kind of reparation and not have to pay for their crimes because they are the "real" victims while they make victims out of others.

A wrong done to someone doesn't give them a blank check to wrong others who did nothing to them.

Racism is racism is racism and yes it exists all ways, not just one.

Would you understand if i decided to be a racist? No, even though i have suffered from it - so why do you "understand" when the other side does it?

Its wrong no matter who does it, its not 'understandable' no matter who does it. Another wrong doesnt even anything up, its just another wrong.

Due respect, and all seriousness: Is this your way of saying "black guys killed my son"?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
No, it was a bare bones posit rooted in observation. To get into it a bit more: A) You claim racism is inherent. I'd actually say that racism is a distortion of the inherent mistrust of the other, the different by degree, but accepting your premise B) the mainstay of social order would be inherently invested in maintaining that, the status quo and C) it would necessarily follow that those who bucked that status quo wouldn't be a part of the group defending it.

Conservatives defend the status quo, the traditional value, the social norm. It follows that liberals are the moving force behind opposing and defeating racism.

How would you know? Not only haven't you engaged in debate, you won't even expose your source material when you declare/object. I've commented on the problems and reasonable inference on that point prior.

And it's not a facade. You know how you can tell? I'm ready to engage on the point and oppose you reasonably, rationally, to point out the contradiction in your thinking as I did by illustration in that bit.

I've changed a number of ideas over the years, but you'd have to engage to get at that instead of make sweeping pronouncements and assumptions. On the plus side, it's a great way for you to avoid that engagement you seem uncomfortable with...and as to the off handed shot at my faith, classy.

Now we all know what you're good at. How are you at making and defending points?

Imagine how that would look as an argument...I suppose we'll all have to. :plain:

As I said... It's futile to converse with you. So let's just cut to patronizing you. You're right. About everything.

That should make you feel all better.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Perhaps I shouldn't ask this but why is the skin color of the detective important enough to mention?

As a fitting contrast to the grandstanding inverse in high-exposure-media coverage of white detectives and black crimes.

I guess it's okay to always call attention to that, though.

What a bunch of whine-bag irrational script-flipping inequitous hyper-liberal fecal material.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
As a fitting contrast to the grandstanding inverse in high-exposure-media coverage of white detectives and black crimes.

I guess it's okay to always call attention to that, though.

What a bunch of whine-bag irrational script-flipping inequitous hyper-liberal fecal material.
I am not sure what you said but it was interesting to read.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I'm ready to engage on the point and oppose you reasonably, rationally, to point out the contradiction in your thinking as I did by illustration in that bit.

perhaps this is why you're so disliked around here town

As I said... It's futile to converse with you. So let's just cut to patronizing you. You're right. About everything.

That should make you feel all better.

pneuma - all he's interested in is besting you in conversation in order to get excerpts for his blog - i predict that your exchange will appear there momentarily

look here if you care: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4024942#post4024942

otherwise, just ignore him :idunno:

I am not sure what you said but it was interesting to read.

like letsargue, only with less punctuation! :thumb:

Last edited: