Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

GFR7

Racial tension coming back up like in the '60s.
Not surprising, really, considering the huge rift between police and populace.
It's not even purely racial.

Granite

Hall of Fame
A militarized police force that sees the public as the enemy will act accordingly. About the only thing about Ferguson that surprises me is how brazen the cops are acting. I guess something like this was inevitable.

GFR7

A militarized police force that sees the public as the enemy will act accordingly. About the only thing about Ferguson that surprises me is how brazen the cops are acting. I guess something like this was inevitable.
It was inevitable. The police are becoming enemies of the people instead of protectors and defenders. Doesn't really have to do with race in that aspect.

bybee

The people get the kind of law enforcement that they have earned.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The people get the kind of law enforcement that they have earned.

:down: :nono:

Completely incorrect (and a classic example of victim blaming). The public has been under attack by an out of control State for a long time, bybee. Put another way, they declared war on us a long time ago, not the other way around.

bybee

:down: :nono:

Completely incorrect (and a classic example of victim blaming). The public has been under attack by an out of control State for a long time, bybee. Put another way, they declared war on us a long time ago, not the other way around.

True. However, until people take responsibility for their individual actions within any community, no significant change can take place in the community as a whole.
No doubt there is police brutality and over reaching in practice. That doesn't erase lawlessness and brutality within the community.

Granite

Hall of Fame
True. However, until people take responsibility for their individual actions within any community, no significant change can take place in the community as a whole.
No doubt there is police brutality and over reaching in practice. That doesn't erase lawlessness and brutality within the community.

So you're saying Ferguson was some kind of crime-riddled hellhole, or something, before this (unarmed) teenager was shot? I'm not sure what "lawlessness" you're referring to. Again, sounds like victim blaming.

PureX

The oligarchs have been quietly preparing their own protective military forces for a while, now, under the auspices of "homeland security". We're seeing a taste of what will happen if the American people ever finally wake up and start protesting against their bribery and complete subjugation of our government. Citizens died in the streets the last time we had to take our country back from the 'robber barons', and it'll be way worse when we have to do it again. And that time is coming very soon.

GFR7

The oligarchs have been quietly preparing their own protective military forces for a while, now, under the auspices of "homeland security". We're seeing a taste of what will happen if the American people ever finally wake up and start protesting against their bribery and complete subjugation of our government. Citizens died in the streets the last time we had to take our country back from the 'robber barons', and it'll be way worse when we have to do it again. And that time is coming very soon.
I wish I could disagree with you, but cannot.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I wonder if we have the spine and will to do it again. I'm not terribly optimistic about this state of affairs.