ECT Qs for Christians

Qs for Christians

• No, He has not yet finished dealing with my sin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He has not yet justified me before God.

• His work is finished but not sufficient. My work completes, earns or maintains His work.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heir

TOL Subscriber
Wow heir, you limited yourself to only 4 verses from Scripture in that post.

Note that in my first post in my good friend musterion's thread I stated that Jesus Christ did His job when He died on the cross and later ascended into Heaven. I then went on to say that people who consider themselves followers of Christ can't use that as their sole excuse to call themselves Christians, they need to "walk the walk" not "talk the talk".
Just look at aCW preaching a salvation maintenance program contrary to what Paul preached (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV). Nothing new coming out of his/her religious, but lost mouth, but your blind, believe notter (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) blabbing :blabla:

Oh and heir, I stand by what I said earlier:

Your church is better than mine and any other church on the entire planet. ;)
The gospel of my salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) is better!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Just look at aCW preaching a salvation maintenance program contrary to what Paul preached (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV). Nothing new coming out of his/her religious, but lost mouth, but your blind, believe notter (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) blabbing :blabla:

The gospel of my salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) is better!

(heir is holding study at around 5 verses for post).

Do you believe God put man on earth solely to prepare for the afterlife?

It's a simple question: try to answer in you own words if that is possible.

heir

TOL Subscriber

It's a simple answer: God's will for man today is twofold:

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

You resist both.

Danoh

I disagree with the intolerance of some.

And such are so intolerant that they are not able to laugh at themselves with another when ribbed by them.

For that is all a ribbing is when the Spirit is the issue. When such is the case, then "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

There is not "one size fits all accross the board" that is legalism.

The absence of such joy is a sorry state for anyone to be in.

At the same time, CW, yours is another extreme.

Look at the very process your extreme view against it would deny its power by your "well, let's just not bring Scripture into this," even as you at times do, when it serves your own one sidedness.

The fact is that if you have believed that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again - notice - ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES, 1 Cor. 15:1-4...then who are you or anyone to deny a sister in the Lord or anyone else, to not only - notice a again - "let the word OF CHRIST dwell in" her "richly" but deny her addressing you or anyone else based on said Word dwelling in them richly?

You are dead wrong about this. You, Culture Warrrior, are to defend those who stand for the Faith, not attack them for doing so!

Should you disagree on some point, well, that is what debating and ribbing is for. "For if ye (each and everyone of us) are led by the Spirit, ye are NOT under the law," Gal. 5:18.

If we allow ourselves to be led of the Spirit in our dealings with one another, we will circumvent setting off in our flesh the Law's PERFORMANCE BASED standard of Acceptance in our dealings with one another.

The Performance Based Acceptance of "do this, or say that exactly my way, so I can be happy with you."

And said freedom is NOT for the purpose of "well, you said this, I'm personally offended, so take that!"

Gal. 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

The enmity the Law's Performance Based Acceptance could not but set off in the flesh of the Jew towards non- Jews, in that the Law was weak through the flesh of the Jew, is no longer.

Time to let it lie where it was put to death...

Eph. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

As a result, we not only ought to, and are to, but can... stand up for those who stand for "the truth of the gospel of our salvation," as there is plenty of time and space left over to explore differences in understanding.

Exploring, that is; in light of a principle also emphasized in the Law and the Prophets...

Isa. 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

The best to you in this.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is not a proper question. Break it up.

What he did for us is sufficient. It is now up to us to accept that and show good fruit.

Muslims, JW's, atheists, some deluded monk, on the streets of Tibet, the Mahatma, "Mother" T,.............................................................................................................................................can/do/did "show good fruit."

And after one goes to a health club, one can then "show good fruit."

And?

john w

Hall of Fame

God wants His followers to be obedient to His Word; if you call yourself a 'Christian' yet have no desire to do so, perhaps you should find another religion that will better meet your moral relativist needs.

Yes, he does, but not as a basis for our justification.

How much "desire?" How "obedient?"A 78% "success rate?" 89.5654% "On the curve?"

Memorize: The righteousness of God.

That is "the gold standard." Anything less, and you are headed to that big "All smokers are welcome" residence,called "hell."

Accept it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Memorize: The righteousness of God.

That is "the gold standard." Anything less, and you are headed to that big "All smokers are welcome" residence,called "hell."

Accept it.
Anything less is unrighteousness 2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame

And such are so intolerant that they are not able to laugh at themselves with another when ribbed by them.

1.So, you are intolerant, of some, who are intolerant? That is a self refuting "argument," assertion. I thought that you were smarter, than that.

2. In order to exhibit tolerance, there has to be disagreement. I know that's quite deep.....

Danoh

1.So, you are intolerant, of some, who are intolerant? That is a self refuting "argument," assertion. I thought that you were smarter, than that.

2. In order to exhibit tolerance, there has to be disagreement. I know that's quite deep.....

Lol, no brother. I disagree with, not am intolerant of.

I was not being intolerant of CW, I was disagreeing with him.

Are there issues I am intolerant of? Absolutely.

There is a distinction between the two.

At least for me there is.

Reactions: Lon

heir

TOL Subscriber
Danoh won't tolerate anyone calling what he does, what it is, and that at the least: divisive. He'll not hear her plea to please stop. He'll accuse her of being intolerant, a legalist and having no joy because she does not welcome his bullying and obsessive behavior with her. Why can't she just let him say or do what he wants to her? After all, it's just "ribbing". Shut up, lay there and take it, woman.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
When Jesus Christ was crucified and later rose from the dead, His job was finished.

Now people of faith have their job to do: Walk the walk, NOT talk the talk

How much of a walk? 67%? 78%? 99.99999%?

Keep on walking in the right direction until you can't walk no more.

An atheist can do that.

An atheist can do many things that God disapproves of. Why have a relationship with Christ if you can do the things that atheists' can do?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How come no one wants to touch this with the proverbial 20 foot pole, is reality not welcome in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Romans 13:4 has nothing to do with salvation.

Oh but it does my friend, but not in the way that you're thinking.

How many people aren't and won't be spending eternity with Jesus because Christianity is outlawed in their country and they don't have access to a Bible or can't even talk about Jesus without the threat of death?

North Korea, Iran, etc. etc. etc.

glorydaz

How come no one wants to touch this with the proverbial 20 foot pole, is reality not welcome in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Romans 13:4 has nothing to do with salvation.

Oh but it does my friend, but not in the way that you're thinking.

How many people aren't and won't be spending eternity with Jesus because Christianity is outlawed in their country and they don't have access to a Bible or can't even talk about Jesus without the threat of death?

North Korea, Iran, etc. etc. etc.

Not having the Bible is not an excuse, since all men have a conscience and there is evidence of God everywhere.

Romans 1:19-20
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 2:14-15
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;)

Lots of people didn't have the Bible before scripture was written down, but they still had faith. There's an entire chapter (Heb. 11) devoted to those who were saved but only had to wait until their time. Abraham's bosom..... :think:

Heb. 11:31-32
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. 32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:​

Danoh

Danoh won't tolerate anyone calling what he does, what it is, and that at the least: divisive. He'll not hear her plea to please stop. He'll accuse her of being intolerant, a legalist and having no joy because she does not welcome his bullying and obsessive behavior with her. Why can't she just let him say or do what he wants to her? After all, it's just "ribbing". Shut up, lay there and take it, woman.

I was sincerely ribbing you; as I do others.

You must know somewhere in you that I hold no animosity toward you, nor anyone else on here.

Animosity is a pointless distraction.

But, I've injured you, and that had never been my intent. I've always defended you when you have been attacked by others and I have been aware of it.

Consider my ribbing stopped. My apologies, heir.

john w

Hall of Fame
When Jesus Christ was crucified and later rose from the dead, His job was finished.

Now people of faith have their job to do: Walk the walk, NOT talk the talk

"How much of a walk? 67%? 78%? 99.99999%?"-John W

"Keep on walking in the right direction until you can't walk no more."-aCultureWarrior

I did not ask that-specifics-the standard-67%? 78%? 99.99999%? The eternal fate of others is on the line.

"An atheist can do that."-John W

"An atheist can do many things that God disapproves of. Why have a relationship with Christ if you can do the things that atheists' can do?"-aCultureWarrior

Slick...real slick....You are changing your "argument."

An atheist can walk the walk. And?An atheist can do many things that God approves of. A Christian can do many things that God disapproves of.

You need to fold, fruit inspector.

How do we know you have the required fruit, have "the walk," to qualify as a saved one?

Let me guess: I, my dear misguided John W., am a dirty rat, but I'm cleaner than my fellow rats, so I must be saved.

Wrong answer....

The standard:The righteousness of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I was sincerely ribbing you; as I do others.

You must know somewhere in you that I hold no animosity toward you, nor anyone else on here.

Animosity is a pointless distraction.

But, I've injured you, and that had never been my intent. I've always defended you when you have been attacked by others and I have been aware of it.

Consider my ribbing stopped. My apologies, heir.
:e4e: