ECT Qs for Christians

Qs for Christians

• No, He has not yet finished dealing with my sin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He has not yet justified me before God.

• His work is finished but not sufficient. My work completes, earns or maintains His work.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

do you believe in grace?

In Christ through His Gospel, yes, 2 Tim 2:1; Acts 20:24; Gal 1:6.

Do you believe God's saving grace can be received unto justification and eternal life apart from your church's rituals, rites and traditions? Of course you don't; that's why you're a Roman Catholic.

journey

I love the old hymn - Jesus Paid it All - All to Him I owe. My faith in Him and His finished work on the Cross has set me free from the curse of sin and death.

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV 1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Danoh

I'd expect works related: "You must walk in it."

Ephesian 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

My answer: "I agree, but God prepared them already, how could I not walk in them???" :idunno:

-result of salvation Hebrews 9:14

Some years ago, a friend bought a big old house that had a long driveway to several garages in the back of the house.

He says to me "look what I found just sitting there in one of those garages."

We walk over to one of the garages, he pulls up the door to one heck of a beautiful site - a brand new 1934 Plymouth that had almost nil milage on it.

It had been sitting there so long and the garages had gone unused so long; their doors long since corroded shut, that it had been completely forgotten about...

Doesn't mean what it was "called to be" was no longer the case, just because the work it had been "called unto" had gone "unwalked in" all that time.

It was still a a brand spankin new 1934 Plymouth. What a beautiful automobile that was that warm summer day under God's glorious sunshine.

In short, man oh man, what a beautiful new creature we each are to the Lord - not in us - but in His Son ALONE by the Spirit, not only right this minute, but throughout eternity, or as Paul put it "world without end!"

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

do you pray?
do you ask for help?

I do, but that's concerning my being conformed into the image of the Son....not in regards to my salvation.

Romans 8: 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.​

Danoh

do you pray?
do you ask for help?

A prayer I once heard by a Mid-Acts Grace Pastor just before he began to share a study with his group:

"Heavenly Father, we pray that as we look into your Word on these things we are about to study, we would see them as You do. In Your Son's name, and for His glory. Amen."

It stayed in my memory. So simple, so compact, so all in one, so just right it was.

glorydaz

A prayer I once heard by a Mid-Acts Grace Pastor just before he began to share a study with his group:

"Heavenly Father, we pray that as we look into your Word on these things we are about to study, we would see them as You do. In Your Son's name, and for His glory. Amen."

It stayed in my memory. So simple, so compact, so all in one, so just right it was.

:thumb:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd expect works related: "You must walk in it."

Ephesian 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

The works prepared were what he did. We walk in them the same as walking in the Spirit. It is how we are identified.

Interplanner

The works prepared were what he did. We walk in them the same as walking in the Spirit. It is how we are identified.

Yes, re walking in the Spirit and our ID, but I don't think 2:10 was about things done in Christ historically, but things in us through the Spirit. There are plenty of other references to things done in Christ historically in Ephesians.

musterion

Why do you ask the same question over and over as though it has not been answered?

Because he's...

polls_blind_man_5349_741206_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think 2:10 was about things done in Christ historically, but things in us through the Spirit.

It is. Which is why he explicitly said we don't recognize the flesh and what it does. Not even regarding the Lord Jesus Christ. The heathen recognize the flesh. You do what is right because it is right. And then the heathen will not discount you.