ECT Qs for Christians

Qs for Christians

• No, He has not yet finished dealing with my sin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He has not yet justified me before God.

• His work is finished but not sufficient. My work completes, earns or maintains His work.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
How come no one wants to touch this with the proverbial 20 foot pole, is reality not welcome in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Romans 13:4 has nothing to do with salvation.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Oh but it does my friend, but not in the way that you're thinking.

How many people aren't and won't be spending eternity with Jesus because Christianity is outlawed in their country and they don't have access to a Bible or can't even talk about Jesus without the threat of death?

North Korea, Iran, etc. etc. etc.

Not having the Bible is not an excuse, since all men have a conscience and there is evidence of God everywhere.

Wow, you really are naïve aren't you? How do you establish a relationship with Jesus Christ if you've never heard of Him? How do you read His Word if you don't have access to a Bible?
You have no idea what kind of persecution the few Christians living in communist and Muslim countries go through. It's because government isn't fulfilling it's role as seen in Romans 13:4. You have no idea how many people are robbed of having a relationship with God because they are scared of being murdered because of it.

glorydaz

Wow, you really are naïve aren't you? How do you establish a relationship with Jesus Christ if you've never heard of Him? How do you read His Word if you don't have access to a Bible?
You have no idea what kind of persecution the few Christians found in communist and Muslim countries go through. It's because government isn't fulfilling it's role as seen in Romans 13:4.

I don't think I'm naïve at all. How did the OT saints get saved?

Don't you think God is able to reveal Himself to those who have never had a Bible? How about people like Noah, and Joseph, etc? And my goodness...you don't think it's the government's job to preach the Gospel do you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think I'm naïve at all. How did the OT saints get saved?

Don't you think God is able to reveal Himself to those who have never had a Bible? How about people like Noah, and Joseph, etc? And my goodness...you don't think it's the government's job to preach the Gospel do you?

It's the government's job to protect religious liberty.

You people really need to get out more because you haven't the faintest clue as to what kind of persecution Christians around the world are going through.

http://idop.org/en/

http://www.persecution.org/

glorydaz

You people really need to get out more because you haven't the faintest clue as to what kind of persecution Christians around the world are going through.

http://idop.org/en/

http://www.persecution.org/

Wrong, I understand only too well what is happening to Christians around the world. Some of my dearest friends have spent years in Nigeria and other places. The government simply cannot stand against the god of this world. Our battle is not with flesh and blood, but with spiritual wickedness in high places. Which is why we need the whole armor of God....our help cometh from the Lord....not from any government of men. In fact, our Lord made it very clear that in this world we will have tribulation. We can take that to the bank....we've seen it from the beginning of time. Even when God gave His people Judges, He warned them they would be disappointed.

I'm sure you're aware of this text, ACW.

Eph. 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.​

Danoh

When Paul wrote Romans 13; he was under Roman rule; a huge, huge empire.

In matters of one freedom or injustice or another, he appealed to "Caesar," when he had to, when dealing with lost people.

Where it was Believer with Believer; they were to settle a matter betwen themselves within their assembly, where appeal to government was not required.

Romans 13 is about secular government. But it is fallen. It is so because it is fallen.

The Lord, the Twelve, Paul, et al - all served the Father under that same secular government, and died by that government's hands.

In their case; that still even now astounding monstrocity of a world empire: the mighty Roman Empire.

John 19:10 Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

musterion

PROFIT - February 11, 2016

"Heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ -- sharing His inheritance with Him, only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory" (Romans 8:17, Amp.).

The term "profit and loss" is reversed in the Christian life to "loss and profit." The principle never varies: our losses are all in the realm of the old, never the new. Every loss in the life of self brings greater gain and profit in the new--our life in Christ. And, conversely, every gain for the self-life is loss for our growth and His glory. "But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ" (Philippians 3:7).

"It is not the design of God to deprive His children of happiness, but only to pour the cup of bitterness into that happiness which the believer has in anything outside of Christ." -F.F.

"Everything that tries us, that is a check upon us, that causes exercise of heart, and makes us sensible of weakness in ourselves, is of the nature of chastisement (child-training). It may come in the way of difficulties in the path of faith; or in the shape of such trials and sorrows as are common to all men--loss of property, loss of health, or bereavement; or it may be as the governmental consequences of sin; but in one way or other all have it. It is 'for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness' (Hebrews 12:10). That is, it serves to break down that which is not of God in us, that the life of the Lord Jesus might be made manifest." -C.A.C.

"When He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Wrong, I understand only too well what is happening to Christians around the world. Some of my dearest friends have spent years in Nigeria and other places. The government simply cannot stand against the god of this world...

There are thousands of Christian missionaries throughout the world doing as the first Christian missionaries did (Jesus and His apostles) : sharing the Word of God to those that have never heard it. There is a reason these Christian missionaries aren't allowed to set foot in tyrannical countries like communist/atheist North Korea and Islamic theocratic Iran: Because of the type of government that they have.

Romans 13:4 is amongst many verses in Holy Scripture which defines the role of government. When government doesn't fulfill it's role as God intended, the Church is greatly harmed.

I've covered this topic somewhat extensively in another thread showing what has happened to the Christian Church since a certain behavior was decriminalized here in the United States. Not only has the Church become a meeting place for blasphemy, Christians who stand by the Word of God are being persecuted (fined, going to jail, ordered to go through "sensitivity training" etc.) for refusing to cater to proud and unrepentant secular humanists.

Open up your eyes, ears and nose people and see, hear and smell the rot going on around us before it's too late.