Oddest thing you own

musterion

I have a small jar of ash from Mt. St. Helen. My uncle Gene scraped it off his car shortly after it blew up.

Mocking You

Hmmm...I don't have any strange collectibles. I do have a baseball with a flat spot on it that is slightly perimeter weighted on one spot so that every time you throw the ball the result is a wicked bending curveball.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
An autograph on a Monster Mash album ( I had since, circa;1962)
that I had signed by "Bobby "Boris" Pickett in the early 2000s! He
had a "hit" with that song which he wrote and sang in 1962.

Aimiel

An 'ancient' Indian arrowhead that I found in my parents' back yard when I was about eight. It's made of black flint. I grew up about 200 yards from an 'ancient' Indian mound, which is about 4,500 years old. There are over 2,600 un-excavated Indian mounds in Ohio, alone. Ohio has the oldest monument in North America: Serpent Mound. It looks like a snake swallowing an egg and the best explanation I've read (guess, really) is that it was built to explain the phases of the moon. The size and scope of the mound is amazing. The Ohio State Parks built a huge metal scaffold with stairs so that one can climb to about 50' in height to view the mound. Nothing was found in it, other than pieces of broken pottery and broken excavation tools that may have been used to build it.

The ancient Indians also built a very large 'fort' of sorts (named: Fort Ancient, which is also an Ohio State Park) not far from here, which had a low wall, completely surrounding their village which had been built to such precision that the height of the remaining wall was less than three inches difference in height at any point. That's simply amazing.

Buzzword

I have a poster celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first airing of Star Trek that my dad got from a garage sale.

When he got it home, he almost threw it out because we noticed squiggly magic marker lines in the black areas.
But taking it out of the frame and lighting it from behind revealed that it had been SIGNED.
BY THE ENTIRE CAST.
AND GENE RODDENBERRY.

...sooo we very very very VERY carefully returned it to its frame, and it's now on the wall in my office.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
An autographed picture of "Hannibal Lecter" grabbing the bars of his cell (Anthony Hopkins) is probably a tie for the "oddest" with my concrete piece of the Berlin Wall.

AMR

musterion

An autographed picture of "Hannibal Lecter" grabbing the bars of his cell (Anthony Hopkins) is probably a tie for the "oddest" with my concrete piece of the Berlin Wall.

AMR

I used to have a signed 8x10 of Phil Harris, and a short but very kind note from Edward Woodward.

musterion

I have a poster celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first airing of Star Trek that my dad got from a garage sale.

When he got it home, he almost threw it out because we noticed squiggly magic marker lines in the black areas.
But taking it out of the frame and lighting it from behind revealed that it had been SIGNED.
BY THE ENTIRE CAST.
AND GENE RODDENBERRY.

...sooo we very very very VERY carefully returned it to its frame, and it's now on the wall in my office.

You mean mom's basement?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The oddest thing I own? :think: A "Fortune/Fate" scale, circa 1937. It needs a little internal work to get the window to sync, but is essentially functional and a bit worn, which appeals to me. Many of these stood outside of 5 & Dimes and drugstores for decades. Put a penny in the month slot and stand on the plate. :) Love the old thing.

Looks like this:

Spoiler
vintage-american-manufacturing-scale-39380.jpg

Last edited:

Sitamun

I have a small piece of the AstroTurf from Soldier Field. They sold the old turf for charity when they went back to using real grass.