NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can think of a few reasons why you wouldn't have Arizona in your top five, but not even in your top ten? Even with the best record in the league?
An unproven qb and an aging wr who's breaking down a little. Though I did say the last few were almost interchangeable and put Arz in the group that could fit in there.

Are you projecting them to finish poorly?
Not sure really.

Caledvwlch

An unproven qb and an aging wr who's breaking down a little. Though I did say the last few were almost interchangeable and put Arz in the group that could fit in there.

Not sure really.

Fair enough. With this ridiculous sport, one thing nobody ever is, is sure.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Duh.:chuckle:
:chuckle: Yep.

Not yet. But now that you mention it...
Christmas is coming. :think:

It's easy when you got the best coach, quarterback, tight end, cornerback, and kicker playing for you. Also, we fire muskets at home games.

Muskets? That is pretty awesome. The only thing that might make them better is if they returned to the old Pat Patriot helmets. So much better than the new ones.

ThrowbackMiniReplicaHelmet.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Time for the next week's games/action report:

1. KC @ Oak: the Raiders have the worst offense in the league right now and that's saying something. The line is KC and 7.5 with the action running in favor 73/27. I have it 26-14 likely, so I'll take the line.

2. Cle @ Atl: the Hawks have been averaging a couple more points than opponents but surrendering six more, putting them in the hole. The line still favors the Falcons at home by 3.5, though they're 2-2 there, as Cleveland is as a road team...the action is running with the modest upset 60/40. I actually like Atlanta in a pick'em, but I won't give up the half point so I'm taking Cleveland for the upset.

3. Jets @ Buf: the Bills are a 4.5 home favorite and possess a fierce pass rush. The action is 70/30 for Buffalo to add another loss to the road winless Jets and put another nail in Ryan's coffin. I'm inclined to agree.

4. TB @ Chi: the Bears looked decent for a couple of games and less than horrible last week, but they come into this one a 5.5 favorite over an equally uneven Tampa. The action has it 74/26 in favor of them making that line. I don't know why. Tampa is 2-3 on the road and Chicago is 1-3 at home. Both are hovering around a minus eight average against their collective foes and I have this a near pick'em. Maybe it's a last loss notion...anyway, I'll take the upset and the Bucs here by line. It's a fg to me.

5. Cin @ Hou: Houston is actually a 1.5 favorite with the action taking exception 41/59. I like the Texan's pass rush almost as much as I don't like Dalton on the road. I'll take the Texans.

6. Det @ NE: the Pats are a strong 6.5 against a very, very good Detroit team that has mostly left its offense at home on the road. On the other hand, NE's domination has come against some fairly questionable defenses, excepting Denver...I could see the Lion's winning this and no team is going to keep up the steam New England has going...but until they hiccup I'm staying with the Pats.

7. GB @ Min: :yawn: Speaking of dominant, the Packers may not have that much of a defense, but they shouldn't need it against the Vikings. GB is a hard 9.5 favorite and I have it two tds, so I'll go with and the action which favors the Pack and that enormous line 79/21.

8. Jac @ Ind: a tune up/feel better game for the embarrassed Colts sees the Jags coming in a 13.5 dog and the 66/34 action break agrees. So do I.

9. SL @ SD: the Chargers are a 5.5 favorite. The action favors the upset 56/44. The Rams have beaten a few teams impressively, but not on the road. I like SD, but I'll take those points and the Rams. I have it closer. We'll see if SL can fare better away from home than they did against the Cardinals. I have it 23-19 for SD to win but miss the points.

10. Arz @ Sea: the Hawks need a win and home is a good place to get it. A real statement game for both, if more so for Seattle. The line is 6.5 for Seattle and the action runs in support 71/29. I'm taking the upset.

11. Mia @ Den: like NE, Denver is undefeated, but there the resemblance ends of late, with Denver having the old SB issues on their OL. A 7.5 favorite status would have seemed insulting to the Broncos a few weeks ago. Today it feels more like a favor. The action runs 68/32 in favor of Denver recovering at home. I'm going to say yes and take Denver as well.

12. Was @ SF: the only thing keeping Griffin in Washington is a contract at this point. The Niners are an 8.5 favorite. The action concurs 76/24. I do too. Let the Colt chants begin.

13. Dal @ Gia: a well rested Cowboy team comes to New York for the next game in an old rivalry. Dallas is a 3.5 road favorite. The action runs 77/33 in support. So do I.

14. Bal @ NO: the Saints are a desperate 3.5 favorite. The action is nearly split, 51/49 in favor of the upset. I like Baltimore to win out right.

Last edited:

Caledvwlch

I like your style, TH. I tend to be easily convinced by sports predictions, so I try not to make them myself, at the risk of plagiarizing someone, but I enjoyed reading yours.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I like your style, TH. I tend to be easily convinced by sports predictions, so I try not to make them myself, at the risk of plagiarizing someone, but I enjoyed reading yours.
Thanks. Last week was a bloodbath, but on the whole I'm doing nicely. It's only another way to enjoy the week before the game to me.

Daniel1611

Bell had a great night, but all everyone was talking about was the release of LeGarrette Blount.

I'm only concerned with the release of Blount because now they have no depth at RB. I'm convinced they should have kept Redman. Bell is great, but they need at least one other guy they can count on.

Status
Not open for further replies.