NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caledvwlch

Patriots signed Blount this morning.

Who they gonna bring back next? Aaron Hernandez?

Although I guess I don't quite understand this one. Does Blount have some legal issues? And even if he does, are they anything like being charged with two or three homicides?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Although I guess I don't quite understand this one. Does Blount have some legal issues?

He has some minor drug legal issues.

And even if he does, are they anything like being charged with two or three homicides?

Of course not. The point was, I don't understand why a team would bring back a "bad apple".

Besides Blount's small legal issues, he was considered a cancer in the locker room.

He was suspended his last year at college, and has now been with five teams in four years in the NFL.

Caledvwlch

He has some minor drug legal issues.

Of course not. The point was, I don't understand why a team would bring back a "bad apple".

Besides Blount's small legal issues, he was considered a cancer in the locker room.

He was suspended his last year at college, and has now been with five teams in four years in the NFL.

Gotcha. For a second there it seemed like you were comparing him to Hernandez, who as far as we know, was a model citizen in the locker room.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Time for the next week's games/action report:

1. KC @ Oak: the Raiders have the worst offense in the league right now and that's saying something. The line is KC and 7.5 with the action running in favor 73/27. I have it 26-14 likely, so I'll take the line.

I'm a little worried about tonight's game. I know KC should win but Oakland has played some pretty tough games and they are a division rival and we're coming off a good win and we're looking at Denver coming up. It's kind of the definition of a trap game. :noid:

Trey Wingo picked Oakland and he gave some stat about KC having like 3 losses to teams 0-10 and worse. :eek:

EDIT: Also it's a road game on a short week. The road teams have not fared well so far in these Thursday night games. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually Ian Rappaport says NFL sources are saying Detroit

I don't understand why Cleveland was't considered. It's the closest NFL city from Buffalo, and the Browns are at Atlanta.

The next closest city is Pittsburgh, and the Steelers have a bye.

Why they were considering Washington D.C. is beyond me.

I heard it's going to be Detroit because they are the closet city without real grass.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm a little worried about tonight's game. I know KC should win but Oakland has played some pretty tough games and they are a division rival and we're coming off a good win and we're looking at Denver coming up. It's kind of the definition of a trap game. :noid:
Not a chance. They played Seattle close, but Seattle was trying to regain balance from losing pieces. The Chargers haven't been on their game in a while and, for whatever reason, it's a match up problem. Every team has one of those.

Oakland is averaging around 15 pts a game and giving up 26. KC is scoring 24 and giving up 17. So that's an 18 pt buffer, on average. The only concern is KC playing a bit anemic on the road.

Trey Wingo picked Oakland and he gave some stat about KC having like 3 losses to teams 0-10 and worse. :eek:
The statistical equivalent of voodoo.

EDIT: Also it's a road game on a short week. The road teams have not fared well so far in these Thursday night games. :plain:
Look, your coach isn't the sort to let his team overlook or go in unprepared. I'd put the house on the straight up, though I could see you hedging on that line. I wouldn't.

:e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And could someone from the network wipe down the main camera. It's like watching a glamour shot production or a bad flash back. :mmph: Buy some Rain-x for Pete's sake.

Completely not getting the poor line play of the Chiefs tonight. If they don't find an answer it's going to be an upsetting upset here.

Status
Not open for further replies.