NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Buttfumble.
Tuck rule. :eek:

On Miami...well, I was right through three quarters. Nice going, Fins. Every year they start out about 19 on my rating scale then move up to the mid twenties, playoff strength, then by the end they're right back at 19 or twenty. Will this year be different?

:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Doesn't even come close. It was an officiating boondoggle, not the single dumbest NFL play of all time.
That play doesn't even make the top ten. It's a confluence, not a stupid decision and he's a good quarterback who was stuck in a place where, so far, talent goes to die.

Caledvwlch

That play doesn't even make the top ten. It's a confluence, not a stupid decision and he's a good quarterback who was stuck in a place where, so far, talent goes to die.

Okay, you're right, that play was simply a well-timed illustration of everything that was wrong with the Jets at the time, and not a bad decision on the Sanchize's part.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Okay, you're right, that play was simply a well-timed illustration of everything that was wrong with the Jets at the time, and not a bad decision on the Sanchize's part.

It was an inexplicable and beyond idiotic decision on Sanchez's part, so let's not go all crazy and make excuses for the chap. Dumb, dumb, and dumber.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It was stressful but the Chiefs held the lead to win. :banana:

And Denver lost. Double win for the Chiefs.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was stressful but the Chiefs held the lead to win. :banana:

And Denver lost. Double win for the Chiefs.
Bad day for Denver, but at least it wasn't in conference. I had the Chiefs most probably final as Sea 20, KC 24, so that was pretty much on target, but I'm bleeding all over the place else, if luckily where I went along with the action, meaning my competitive place doesn't slip much even if I'd have lost some serious coin this week. Meh. I'm 3-6 with 5 games left to put me right. :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Bad day for Denver, but at least it wasn't in conference. I had the Chiefs most probably final as Sea 20, KC 24, so that was pretty much on target, but I'm bleeding all over the place else, if luckily where I went along with the action, meaning my competitive place doesn't slip much even if I'd have lost some serious coin this week. Meh. I'm 3-6 with 5 games left to put me right. :)

I hope you end up on top regarding your picks, assuming you want Green Bay, Detroit, Oakland, New England, and Pittsburgh to win. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I hope you end up on top regarding your picks, assuming you want Green Bay, Detroit, Oakland, New England, and Pittsburgh to win. :chuckle:
Straight up I'm killing it. I like more of a challenge and play the lines.

On the remaining games, I have Green Bay, Arizona, San Diego, New England and the Steelers. But you can't hate our differences given I've been on the Chief's band wagon since the season started. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Where's Beloved57?

His 4-6 Falcons are in first place!!!!!
:chuckle: He'll be around. Good luck to your Steelers at Ten. I have them handling it comfortably but that's one of those road games that can go sideways on you in a hurry.

On Denver, in some regard I'm glad to see them falling back a bit. They were too strong for this point in the season and a regroup and steady gain would make me more confident. Similarly, the Pats are peaking a little early. The Chiefs are right where you want to be, mid twenties and showing strongly. Gain a little more each week from this point, that's what the big winners all do for the most part.

This is a crazy season.

Is it time for the Colt McCoy fans to start grumbling in Washington?

Are the Johnny Football birds beginning to chirp in Cleveland?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On Denver, in some regard I'm glad to see them falling back a bit. They were too strong for this point in the season and a regroup and steady gain would make me more confident.

In a weird way, I agree with you.

Peyton Manning and the Colts had too many 10-0, 12-0, 14-0 starts. They would secure the #1 seed, then rest everyone the last two weeks, then they would be out of sync come playoff time.

Similarly, the Pats are peaking a little early.

Or, they're much better than everyone thought. With Brady and Gronk playing the way they are, I wouldn't want to play them in the postseason, especially in Foxboro.

The Chiefs are right where you want to be, mid twenties and showing strongly.

They are "the little engine that could". How can anyone dislike the Chiefs?

This is a crazy season.

Yes, it is. I have no idea who's going to the Super Bowl.

Is it time for the Colt McCoy fans to start grumbling in Washington?

They've been grumbling since Dan Snyder purchased the team.

Are the Johnny Football birds beginning to chirp in Cleveland?

Not yet. Since 1999, this is the second best record they have had this late in the season. So, I think they're just happy to be where they are right now.

I'm going to the Spurs vs. Cavs this Wednesday in Cleveland. I'll be hanging out at the sports bars before the game, and will get a feel for what the Browns fans think of Johnny Football. I'll let you know.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Green Bay is looking scary good.

They have 39 points with 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter.

Last week they scored 55, before that they put up 23, 38, 27, 42, & 38

After their 1-2 start, they will have won 5 of 6, and are looking as good as any team in the NFC.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Green Bay is looking scary good.

They have 39 points with 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter.

Last week they scored 55, before that they put up 23, 38, 27, 42, & 38

After their 1-2 start, they will have won 5 of 6, and are looking as good as any team in the NFC.
They do look good.

Sports Illustrated redo their SB picks mid-way through the season. The update has the Packers beating the Pats.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What an embarrassing division!

I hope NO somehow manages to win it.
Like winning "most photogenic" in a school for the blind. :mmph: Horrible division. And there's no real excuse for the Falcons with that firepower on offense. Man is Gonzalez feeling good about retirement now...

Status
Not open for further replies.