newbie warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Which won't happen, so you're wasting time better spent on changing minds on the question instead of vilifying people you need to win over.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
:chuckle: That will never happen ... and there is a reason for that.

too many continue to vote for
obama
pelosi
reid
hillary
etc

but their numbers are declining

especially at the state level

the big test will be 2016

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
So your answer is that you like how it makes you feel about you?

Because the things that go into a party affiliation are numerous, which is why you even have a pro life contingency in the Democratic party, an anti death penalty contingent, etc. For many it's a broader philosophical perspective and that tent is far more diverse than the conservative counterpart. So even if you managed to do the impossible you wouldn't be rid of anything but a word. The people who labored under it would simply invent another and the struggles continue.

Issues are the thing. Win on one that matters, like abortion, convince and move the margin and it won't matter what more general philosophical particular you differ on.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I do feel good about it
but
I didn't know that was why I am doing it
and
I thought I was doing it
because
it was the right thing to do
That's what you tell yourself to feel good about it. The right thing to do is the thing that actually stands some chance of accomplishing the good.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
you should see what he did there
especially you
he was sorry that I was offended by the analogy
he was not sorry he called me a whore
and
a moderator suggested I was smearing his character by pointing that out

The analogy included the word but, as to put this rest...Chrys, I apologize for calling you a "whore" for the republican party. I'll tone down my rhetoric when you tone down yours.

However this I said below, I stand by ...

I guess I could/should have said you are a unapologetic cheerleader for the Republican party, that you see no evil in them at all, and that you would gladly carry their water wherever they want without question as long as they continue to give you the lip service that suits your sensibilities. You are free to call that what you want...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
conservative judges will not support obamacare like all the judges appointed by clinton and obama did

So it is your assertion that Justice Roberts was a "conservative" Judge given that he was appointed by Bush? Did he not give us Obamacare when he decided to legislate from the bench? This issue like most issues you demagogue around here is not based in fact. The fact is Roberts was appointed by a Republican (Bush) and Justice Kennedy was appointed by Reagan and his decisions have become quite unpredictable as well. Having a Republican president stack the courts is not a slam dunk that they will rule in a conservative way as we have seen...maybe you missed that?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Having a Republican president stack the courts is not a slam dunk that they will rule in a conservative way as we have seen...maybe you missed that?

you know exactly what you will get with the liberal judges appointed by clinton and obama

are you okay with them?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The analogy included the word but, as to put this rest...Chrys, I apologize for calling you a "whore" for the republican party. I'll tone down my rhetoric when you tone down yours.

now your apology is tied to my toning down my rhetoric

please go back to the thread
and
show me where I was being unreasonable

there is a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.