NC official storms out during Muslim prayer:I dont need no Arab telling me what to do

MarcATL

The Black Panthers weren't acting all that smart... maybe Reagan was trying to protect them from their own stupidity?

Face it, if the Black Panthers started a war against the whites, it would be over quite quickly.
What were they doing that wasn't smart?

MarcATL

And you think time has been constant since Creation?... the moon has revolved around the earth at the exact same speed and the earth has revolved around the sun at the exact same speed and the solar system is moving through the universe at the exact same speed?

Time is a human invention geared toward measuring our own mortality.

With no one to count time.. time has no meaning.
Don't be silly. Time was created by God Himself. Read Genesis, you will find words like "and that was the first day."

Guess what...that's the beginning of time. Days before man was created.

Nazaroo

Muslims sacrifice their children to Baal?

Exactly.

pakistan_%28450_x_425%29.jpg

child_suicide_bomber11.jpg

13-year-old-suicide-bomber-Boko-Haram-640x650.jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Don't be silly. Time was created by God Himself. Read Genesis, you will find words like "and that was the first day."

:think: Hmmmm....It was always my position that "In the Beginning" itself was the creation of "time"....That is to be understood as the linear experience of existence we all have....Now, I suppose that the concept of a measurement of this experience would be another thing entirely so I guess the question could start with ones understanding of what you mean exactly by "time".

....and who is doing the measuring. :plain:

....But on another theological note:

3f55e1985c27b8e75c440b2c59b81ab8e8c4a084dcf1d14534b96b0d2803cd82.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
Fomenting ill will and exacerbating racial tensions? There are two or more, sides to every issue. To promote a victim mentality is incapacitating.

Standing up for the first time in their lives and showing no fear?

Funny how some black dudes with guns scared the crap out of so many people back in the day and made the GOP lead the way on gun control.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Standing up for the first time in their lives and showing no fear?

Funny how some black dudes with guns scared the crap out of so many people back in the day and made the GOP lead the way on gun control.

The GOP was more Yankee-Rockefeller-Republican :cigar: back then...Not that surprising actually.

:plain: Not to say racist Southern Democrats wouldn't approve mind you it was just less of a conflict for Republicans back then.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The GOP was more Yankee-Rockefeller-Republican :cigar: back then...Not that surprising actually.

:plain: Not to say racist Southern Democrats wouldn't approve mind you it was just less of a conflict for Republicans back then.

Just funny how times change. Openly carrying was perfectly legal, and the Panthers weren't breaking the law. Yet they terrified the cookie cutter suburbs and led to anti-gun legislation.

Flash forward and you've got these Tea Party boobs walking around with carbines, playing dumb when people react to their macho posturing with fear.

Cute trick.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Just funny how times change. Openly carrying was perfectly legal, and the Panthers weren't breaking the law. Yet they terrified the cookie cutter suburbs and led to anti-gun legislation.

Flash forward and you've got these Tea Party boobs walking around with carbines, playing dumb when people react to their macho posturing with fear.

Cute trick.

I know...I know. :chuckle:

MarcATL

Fomenting ill will and exacerbating racial tensions? There are two or more, sides to every issue. To promote a victim mentality is incapacitating.
You blame the Black Panthers for fermenting ill will?!?? How you figure?

HisServant

God interacts with man in a way that man can understand.

Do you think God is bound by time (which he created)?

HisServant

Cute trick.

But the single purpose that they were there was to intimidate... that is the issue.

Granite

Hall of Fame
But the single purpose that they were there was to intimidate... that is the issue.

And nobody these days who openly carries wants to do that. At all.:rolleyes:

Oath Keepers roaming Ferguson aren't looking to intimidate? Who are you trying to kid?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do you consider them a para-military group like the Black Panthers?

Uh, yeah. And keep in mind: The Panthers weren't breaking the law by open carrying.

The Oath Keepers walk the streets in camos bearing rifles. What else would you call that? And how do you think cops would react if a bunch of black guys in camos with guns showed up?

bybee

You blame the Black Panthers for fermenting ill will?!?? How you figure?

I believe the people they were trying to protect would have been and still will be best served by lobbying to change what is unjust within the system. Using economic boycotts has been successful.
Direct, aggressive confrontation gets people killed.
I do believe that some things are worth dying for but if less drastic means can be employed I believe they should.
We all can find reasons to feel abused. Where does that get us?
Most of the wonderful positive effects of Dr. Martin Luther King's non-violent movement has been undone, or so it seems to me.
Hatred destroys. By its very nature it cannot create.
I believe that MalcolmX came to see that there was a better way to achieve the goals of equality under the Law.
I have hope that more leaders will stop to see that violence will not bring us closer together.

MarcATL

No it wasn't. What is your source for that bogus information?

BTW, even if it were, it would have to be proven in a Court of law for it to be remotely illegal.