Nang's SPOTD is Tet's Hit Out of the Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, now you're saying a "living sacrifice" instead of "spiritual sacrifice".

Paul said "living", Peter said "spiritual".

If I confused the two, I apologize.

Paul meant the same thing he says here.... That very thing you fail to RECKON to be so. It's a mystery, isn't it? :chuckle:

Romans 12:1 is addressing people already saved.

Paul is telling the believer to do something.

You guys sure have a hard time when Paul gives commands.

For example:

(Eph 5:18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

As we see above, Paul says "Don't do A, do B"

And again, Paul was addressing people already saved.

Here's another clue. Be careful not to read something INTO the text that isn't there, and you may get the whole picture.

I'm not reading anything into the verse, that's what you are doing.

I have an idea. Why don't you tell us what YOU think Paul means.

Nang and I have already given numerous examples of what living/spiritual sacrifices are.

Could it be that it's like the old sacrifices where you offer up dead animals and dead works thinking you'll gain life through them?

Absolutely not.

The Levitical Priesthood was a shadow/type of the Royal Priesthood of believers in the NC.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You guys sure have a hard time when Paul give commands.

For example:

(Eph 5:18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

I'm not reading anything into the verse, that's what you are doing.

Nang and I have already given numerous examples of what living/spiritual sacrifices are.

Absolutely not.

The Levitical Priesthood was a shadow/type of the Royal Priesthood of believers in the NC.

See, TeT didn't claim to be a Christian while he was a dispensationalist!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul also says to "put off" the old man, as if we are capable of doing so, when, in fact, he is describing the condition of the new man....that which has been accomplished in us by the Spirit...not by any efforts of our own. In the same way our old skin falls away....it's the nature of the creature and it's the nature that has changed.

Colossians 3:1-3KJV
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Ephesians 4:22KJV
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Colossians 3:9KJV
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Look at the Colossians verse you quoted

Paul said "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."

Do you not believe that believers can make a choice between things above and earth when it comes to affection?

For someone making fun of Calvinists, you are portraying members of the BOC as robots with no volition whatsoever.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Do you not believe that believers can make a choice between things above and earth when it comes to affection?

For someone making fun of Calvinists, you are portraying members of the BOC as robots with no volition whatsoever.

:kookoo::doh:

glorydaz

Yes, and most know that the Lord Jesus Christ became our High Priest.

As our High Priest, Christ Jesus made a one time sacrifice. As a 'Royal Priesthood, we are to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God.

You, and every other Dispensationalist on this thread have been unable to give one example of what a living sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God is.

Well, the Jews certainly had priests and high priests at that. I see Peter talking about a royal priesthood...but Paul doesn't. He speaks of Christ being the Head of the body of believers. The key is in the word LIVING, as I already explained. It would be wise if you read the rest of Paul when you're seeking to understand Paul. For instance, we are the only ones accepted IN THE BELOVED....sanctified by the Spirit.

I think you're trying to mix Peter's message with Paul's and that's why people have given up trying to talk to you. To know what Paul is talking about, you'd best read farther than Peter and Hebrews.

Ephesians 1:6KJV
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Romans 15:16KJV
That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 1:2KJV
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

1 Corinthians 6:11KJV
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

glorydaz

Robots? Try "new creatures"....created in Christ Jesus. We certainly make choices....none of which affects where we are....IN Christ....In the beloved and seated with Him in heavenly places.

glorydaz

No sinner can believe, apart from Jesus Christ's Mediatorship.

If you think so, tell all of us, how so . . .

Romans 10:4KJV
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Romans 10:4KJV
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

How can any sinner believe any preacher apart from the Mediatorship of Jesus Christ?

There is no human preacher or pastor that can convey the saving truth of the Gospel, apart from Godly grace.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you're trying to mix Peter's message with Paul's

Peter tells us that Paul wrote to the same people Peter wrote to:

(2 Peter 3:15) Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

Peter told the people Paul wrote to, the following:

(2 Peter 2:9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;....

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes, that's how you're portraying members of the BOC

Try "new creatures"....created in Christ Jesus. We certainly make choices....none of which affects where we are....IN Christ....In the beloved and seated with Him in heavenly places.

Ok, but then why does Paul give commands "Don't do A, do B"?

glorydaz

Paul wasn't confused and neither was Peter. They were talking aobut two different things. Paul said "living" and he meant living. He just spent chapters telling you how that came to be. It's by the operation of God when we believe. After we have been crucified with Christ (we didn't crucify ourselves), we are raised with Him (we didn't raise ourselves)....we can then present ourselves (come freely) before the throne of Grace...accepted in the Beloved.

You guys sure have a hard time when Paul gives commands.

For example:

Well, you "guys" sure like to put people under the law...now you're talking about Paul's COMMANDS. For some strange reason, you "guys" can't seem to understand the problem with the law for producing righteousness. It doesn't, for there is the fact of "forbidden fruit" as Paul explains it in Romans 7. So, you try and turn Paul's words into "commands" instead of what they are....simply guides by which we are to keep our eyes on heavenly things instead of things of this world.

Eph. 4:20-21KJV
But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

The NEW MAN which is "created in righteousness and true holiness" is a fact. You like to preach that God is not able to do that. You like to preach that we have to do that for God....not knowing that the harder you TRY the farther from true holiness you become. It's a matter of surrender (present yourself) and live by the faith of the Son of God not your own efforts.

Eph. 4:24KJV
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

These are things the NEW MAN does not and does DO. God causes us to will and do His good pleasure. HE causes us to desire and perform what He has created us to do.

Eph. 4:28-29KJV
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.​

If the believer doesn't reckon that to be true, he could grieve the Spirit BUT we are SEALED unto the day of redemption. So much for Paul's guidelines being COMMANDS. We can build hay and stubble, but we ourselves will be saved.

Eph. 4:30KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

The difference between you and Nang and those you called out is that not a one of us ever BOAST in our own works of righteousness....boasting is EXCLUDED by the law of faith. Nang doesn't even know what faith is and I doubt you do either.

glorydaz

Peter tells us that Paul wrote to the same people Peter wrote to:

(2 Peter 3:15) Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

Peter told the people Paul wrote to, the following:

(2 Peter 2:9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;....

As I recall, Paul wrote to Jews and Gentiles....this just off the top of my head.

Romans 2:17-18KJV
Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;​

The point is what Paul was saying about "a living sacrifice".

glorydaz

How can any sinner believe any preacher apart from the Mediatorship of Jesus Christ?

There is no human preacher or pastor that can convey the saving truth of the Gospel, apart from Godly grace.

Nonsense, that's why Christ has a BODY. It's the word of God that has the power, and we preach the Gospel as ambassadors for Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20KJV
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nonsense, that's why Christ has a BODY. It's the word of God that has the power, and we preach the Gospel as ambassadors for Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:19-20KJV
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

"Without Me, you can do nothing." John 15:5

Status
Not open for further replies.