Nang's SPOTD is Tet's Hit Out of the Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, because I'm a follower of the Apostle Paul's gospel.

I imitate Paul as Paul imitates Christ Jesus.

Why don't you?

How do you imitate Paul? I doubt you're a good enough 'impressionist?'
You still didn't answer my question? When, how, and where did you
receive Christ, and become a part of the Body of Christ?

glorydaz

Would you care to share with us what the Apostle Paul meant when he told believers to offer their bodies as a spiritual sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God?

I think Tet is confused....just as he is with thinking our Lord has already returned. The verse he quotes says "a living" sacrifice....that would be as opposed to the dead sacrifices the Jews offered up.

Romans 12:1KJV
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.​

First we die (crucified with Him), then we are given LIFE (raised with Him)...new creatures created IN Christ Jesus. That would make us LIVING sacrifices...not "spiritual sacrifices". Does Tet seem to know this?

Romans 6:6-7
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

I don't think Tet "reckons" any such thing. He still seems to think he has to do what has already been done for those who have been raised into life.

Romans 6:11KJV
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.​

It's the same thing Paul tells us here....."Ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine......" We "yield" ourselves when we believe unto righteousness and are crucified and raised with Christ.

Romans 6:17-22KJV
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.​

So, what's the great mystery you think others don't see? I think you're getting way too excited about something you think you see that others may not. Else, why would you go on an on about our being sacrifices? Most people know full well that our Lord's sacrifice is the one that removed the enmity between God and mankind.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Question: What do the following Dispensationalists have in common?

SaulToPaul ,John W, musterion, heir, Delmar, steko, Bright Raven, glorydaz, Grosnick Marowbe, Journey, Right Divider

Answer: Not one of them can tell us what the Apostle Paul meant when Paul said a living sacrifice that is Holy an acceptable to God is.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've given my testimony on TOL, a few times! It's not that difficult!
Yet, some don't seem to want to share how and when they decided to
place their faith in Christ as their Lord and Savior! Why?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I think Tet is confused....just as he is with thinking our Lord has already returned. The verse he quotes says "a living" sacrifice....that would be as opposed to the dead sacrifices the Jews offered up.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.​

First we die (crucified with Him), then we are given LIFE (raised with Him)...new creatures created IN Christ Jesus. That would make us LIVING sacrifices...not "spiritual sacrifices". Does Tet seem to know this?

Romans 6:6-7
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

I don't think Tet "reckons" any such thing. He still seems to think he has to do what has already been done for those who have been raised into life.

Romans 6:11KJV
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.​

It's the same thing Paul tells us here....."Ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine......" We "yield" ourselves when we believe unto righteousness and are crucified and raised with Christ.

Romans 6:17-22KJV
But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.​

So, what's the great mystery you think others don't see? I think you're getting way too excited about something you think you see that others may not. Else, why would you go on an on about our being sacrifices? Most people know full well that our Lord's sacrifice is the one that removed the enmity between God and mankind.

Excellent post G

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

SaulToPaul ,John W, musterion, heir, Delmar, steko, Bright Raven, glorydaz, Grosnick Marowbe, Journey, Right Divider

Answer: Not one of them can tell us what the Apostle Paul meant when Paul said a living sacrifice that is Holy an acceptable to God is.

You can't even give a personal testimony of how/or if, you became
a member of the Body of Christ, so why bother about other's?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The verse he quotes says "a living" sacrifice....that would be as opposed to the dead sacrifices the Jews offered up.

First off, congratulations on being the first Dispie to come up with an answer.

Yes, that is the verse.

First we die (crucified with Him), then we are given LIFE (raised with Him)...new creatures created IN Christ Jesus. That would make us LIVING sacrifices.

Er, no.

Paul says to "present yourselves" as living sacrifices.

Paul didn't say you have become living sacrifices.

Paul was speaking to people already saved.

Paul said "I beseech you". That means Paul was telling them to do something, and they were already saved.

Paul was telling them to do something that was Holy.

NEXT!

glorydaz

Oh, now you're saying a "living sacrifice" instead of "spiritual sacrifice". If you'd quit moving the goal post, you might get an answer. Ninny. ;)

Paul meant the same thing he says here.... That very thing you fail to RECKON to be so. It's a mystery, isn't it? :chuckle:

Galatians 2:20KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

Here's another clue. Be careful not to read something INTO the text that isn't there, and you may get the whole picture.

Phil. 2:13-18KJV
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.​

I have an idea. Why don't you tell us what YOU think Paul means. Could it be that it's like the old sacrifices where you offer up dead animals and dead works thinking you'll gain life through them?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You were telling posters the other day that, Christ is sitting on His
throne (on earth) with His Saints? What's that mean? You also
believe that prophesies were all completed by 70AD? What's
with that? And, didn't you also say that Christ returned to earth
in the form of the Roman Army and slew the Jews? Explain all
of this to us?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most people know full well that our Lord's sacrifice is the one that removed the enmity between God and mankind.

Yes, and most know that the Lord Jesus Christ became our High Priest.

As our High Priest, Christ Jesus made a one time sacrifice. As a 'Royal Priesthood, we are to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God.

You, and every other Dispensationalist on this thread have been unable to give one example of what a living sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God is.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, and most know that the Lord Jesus Christ became our High Priest.

As our High Priest, Christ Jesus made a one time sacrifice. As a 'Royal Priesthood, we are to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God.

You, and every other Dispensationalist on this thread have been unable to give one example of what a living sacrifice that is Holy and acceptable to God is.

Perhaps, "YOU" would be a good example of what NOT to be?

glorydaz

First off, congratulations on being the first Dispie to come up with an answer.

Yes, that is the verse.

Er, no.

Paul says to "present yourselves" as living sacrifices.

Paul didn't say you have become living sacrifices.

Paul was speaking to people already saved.

Paul said "I beseech you". That means Paul was telling them to do something, and they were already saved.

Paul was telling them to do something that was Holy.

NEXT!

Paul also says to "put off" the old man, as if we are capable of doing so, when, in fact, he is describing the condition of the new man....that which has been accomplished in us by the Spirit...not by any efforts of our own. In the same way our old skin falls away....it's the nature of the creature and it's the nature that has changed.

Colossians 3:1-3KJV
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Ephesians 4:22KJV
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Colossians 3:9KJV
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Status
Not open for further replies.