Moves in Michigan and California (!) to re-outlaw sodomy

Arthur Brain

Well that leaves out fairy old England, where the Beeb (which you're forced to pay for, and buy a TV license) covered up child rape for decades.

Logs, splinters.

It wasn't just the BBC and Britain - like America, are hardly unblemished where it comes to such cases. It's an absolute disgrace what happened and no denying it, and if it wasn't for the stringent investigations going into the sordid shenanigans of Saville, Harris, Hall and plenty of others I'd be inclined to concede you had a point. Fact of the matter is that anything like that has zero tolerance over here and those who got away with it in the past are not getting away with it now.

So I'll pass on the log and splinters thanks.

alwight

Mute button. Change channel. Not paying a license fee (to help defray the cost of covering for child molesters) just to watch TV. No vans driving down the street to triangulate unlicensed TV watchers.
They don't do TV detecting any more, besides you can opt out if you don't want to watch any TV.

That's U.S. TV, which incidentally I do not watch anymore. But it's better than what you got.
No it isn't. :IA:

Judge Judy is quite good though, "Put your hand down!" "You have made too many babies!" "Get a Job!" "Go collect cans!" "Umm is not an answer!" etc... :)

Arthur Brain

Mute button. Change channel. Not paying a license fee (to help defray the cost of covering for child molesters) just to watch TV. No vans driving down the street to triangulate unlicensed TV watchers.

That's U.S. TV, which incidentally I do not watch anymore. But it's better than what you got.

Oh I'd sooner the tv license was scrapped myself as the BBC simply isn't worth it for the sake of no adverts. So on that score I agree.

musterion

They don't do TV detecting any more, besides you can opt out if you don't want to watch any TV.

You realize how defeated and stupid that sounds? It's the mewling bleat of a castrated sheep.

No it isn't. :IA:

Judge Judy is quite good though, "Put your hand down!" "You have made too many babies!" "Get a Job!" "Go collect cans!" "Umm is not an answer!" etc... :)

Two words.

Doctor Who.

Give it up. Tom Baker ain't coming back.

musterion

It wasn't just the BBC and Britain - like America, are hardly unblemished where it comes to such cases. It's an absolute disgrace what happened and no denying it, and if it wasn't for the stringent investigations going into the sordid shenanigans of Saville, Harris, Hall and plenty of others I'd be inclined to concede you had a point. Fact of the matter is that anything like that has zero tolerance over here and those who got away with it in the past are not getting away with it now.

The point is, they DID get away with it for DECADES. Jimmy Saville (SIR Jimmy to you, so be sure to doff your cap, peasant) died having gotten away with it.

Arthur Brain

The point is, they DID get away with it for DECADES. Jimmy Saville (SIR Jimmy to you, so be sure to doff your cap, peasant) died having gotten away with it.

And as I pointed out previous it was a travesty and a disgrace. It should never have happened and all of those involved in abusing people or covering it up should be brought to justice, which is now happening. If you think America doesn't have its own skeletons in the cupboard then buy a clue.

Oh, and Savilles knighthood was stripped, not that I was ever a fan of the guy prior to his past coming to light anyway.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Tom Baker already has been back in Dr Who. :D
I like the new guy, though we've only had one season here. The BBC may be working on their own paid service. They've pulled the good stuff currently over here, unless you have a cable/sat. Bad news for Hulu subscribers. I'd buy it for Luther, Sherlock and the Doctor alone. Lots of pretty good stuff across the pond. Here? Most of what's good is running on a dry tank. We do have moments though. House of Cards is back.

Stuff that's been worth a watch: You, Me and the Apocalypse has surprised...Playing House, Man Seeking Woman, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is golden, Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been pleasant surprises...Last Week With John Oliver, Justified...okay, it's off now, but a terrific series that you have to watch at some point...great writing...Fargo, Person of Interest, Life in Pieces is the best new comedy.

Not sure how any of that ties in to sodomy laws...

Arthur Brain

I like the new guy, though we've only had one season here. The BBC may be working on their own paid service. They've pulled the good stuff currently over here, unless you have a cable/sat. Bad news for Hulu subscribers. I'd buy it for Luther, Sherlock and the Doctor alone. Lots of pretty good stuff across the pond. Here? Most of what's good is running on a dry tank. We do have moments though. House of Cards is back.

Stuff that's been worth a watch: You, Me and the Apocalypse has surprised...Playing House, Man Seeking Woman, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is golden, Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been pleasant surprises...Last Week With John Oliver, Justified...okay, it's off now, but a terrific series that you have to watch at some point...great writing...Fargo, Person of Interest, Life in Pieces is the best new comedy.

Not sure how any of that ties in to sodomy laws...

The BBC pulled a hissy fit when the TV licence over here was capped. Pathetic really but there you go.

Jessica Jones: Former Dr Who David Tenant was the most interesting character in it, a bit hit and miss but definitely improved as the season went on.

Brooklyn nine-nine: That's really grown on me to be honest. The mixture of deadpan, slapstick and the absurd really works, thanks to the ensemble cast in large part.

Fargo: Series one was brilliant. Series two not so much, too disjointed IMO but still not bad.

I've just finished watching the first season of 'The Man In The High Castle' and well worth a watch if a little bit convoluted in parts for its own good IMO.

Then of course 'The Walking Dead'. Nuff said...

:D

Anyway, what was this thread about again? You've completely derailed it...(again)

:nono:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Because atheists go as far as to be like: "Women have to wear tops on beaches? Well why don't you just put burqas on them and rape them!"

so i think what you're saying is that it's ok to rape topless atheist women wearing burhas on the beach

as long as you're hitler :banana: