ECT Modern boredom and the historic issue of Jesus as Messiah

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My goodness. I would hate to be so obsessed with who other people high-five or give thanks to.

I either like the post or like the person. Is there a rule about this somewhere? ;)
51bad55dd6b28577b4340955ed0a442c_w41_h37.gif

glorydaz

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

He quotes us scripture as he goes about comparing himself with those who get more high-fives. :chuckle:

musterion

Elohim alone determines reprobation, and His determination is not based upon race.

That is false.

Satan has convinced people like you that God purposed to create two very distinct human races -- one made up of those He loves and saves, the other all the rest whom He does not love and does not want to save.

You agree with that demonic blasphemy, and are to that extent a racist...one who HOPES she's in the "right" bucket when it's all over.

Interplanner

That is false.

Satan has convinced people like you that God purposed to create two very distinct human races -- one made up of those He loves and saves, the other all the rest whom He does not love and does not want to save.

You agree with that demonic blasphemy, and are to that extent a racist...one who HOPES she's in the "right" bucket when it's all over.

You are totally unaware of the NT message Must. It is not races as we know them. If you are going to talk like you just did, the first matter of business is that it is not races as we know them. 'Ethne' in the Vineyard parable Mt 21 is a pun, because he meant the people who do the work of the kingdom. Not a biologically driven group.

Interplanner

Must and Tam,
I don't believe I've ever met a D'ist, usually being conservative, who was socially liberal. what's that like?

Interplanner

II Thessalonians 2:7-12 gives warning, prophecy, and reasons for end times deceptions.

We are witnessing a lawless people, who use a concept of grace to avoid holy living and worship, but attempt to appear pious and religious, by centering their energies on national Israel and teachings that advocate a return to that theocracy.

Peter revealed judgment would begin "at the house of God" (I Peter 4:17-19) which I take to be visible congregations of professing Christians in the last days. This is the will of God and His judgment for those who say His name, but possess no love for Jesus Christ or Truth.

Yes, the whole question of taking the side of 1st century Judaism when it comes to Christ needs to be addressed. They may even think the revolt against Rome was the right thing. I remember seeing the movie MASADA back in the 80s and that was the position taken.

Perhaps this is why the letter to Hebrews is so chopped and butchered in their reading; we'll see.

I hope it doesn't actually lead to a mistaken taking the side of an anti Christ figure in the future. I guess that depends on (is defined by) who Christ was.