Miss USA says to love the terrorists..

republicanchick

Sadly a call to arms seems to be the main focus for some,
Instead of a call to prayer and sending missionaries like the early church did.
sending missionaries is what will change the next generation of muslim or any other enemies towards being responsive to Gods message of Christ, salvation

I am sure plenty of Christians pray for the terrorists. I do

I don't think they are open to such prayers...

hence the need to bomb them

first with Billy Graham tracts

then with more physically lethal items

+

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A call to arms seems to be the main focus for some.
A call to arms is required in situations where defending the innocent is the issue.

It is evil to respond to a threat to the innocent by standing aside.

You are presenting nonsense, because you are using scripture out of context.

Try thinking rationally. :thumb:

republicanchick

A call to arms is required in situations where defending the innocent is the issue.

well said

:)

Word based mystic

once again ignoring my previous comments on there being a need to at times defend oneself.
stripe
mentioning the main theme in a christians life should be focused on prayer and Love which is clearly presented as seeking the kingdom of God first, is taking the scripture out of context???? Wow.

your Type of rationality is something I have no desire to pursue.

doing a dance around scripture so you can avoid the commands to love and pray for your enemies is more likely taking scripture out of context.

one liners like that is not impressive.

republicanchick

I love the irony of people who enjoy their life through the protection of the military telling others that not letting evil people kill everybody is unChristian.

Jesus taught that one not shed blood in vain. It is why he told Peter to bring a weapon, but then told him to drop it because it was a fruitless assault.
There is nowhere in scripture that says for Christians to do nothing while their society is slaughtered, that is not a requirement of a Christian. Liberals are completely, extraordinarily retarded- this is a spectacle of 'liberology' altogether; overloaded, blinding false virtue.

yeh, maybe some of those fake Christians (OK, its their idea that is wrong not them necessarily) but anyway maybe if they would read the OLD Testament once in awhile...

In the old days, God told the Israelites to kill EVERYONE in some of the wars they were engaged in, even children...

I guess these liberals and anti-military intervention "Christians" are holier than God...

++++​

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Liberals need to get off those drugs.

Seriously, I look at a lot of things that come out of these lefties, pacifists, libbie Christian types, and just :doh:

republicanchick

once again ignoring my previous comments on there being a need to at times defend oneself.
stripe
mentioning the main theme in a christians life should be focused on prayer and Love which is clearly presented as seeking the kingdom of God first, is taking the scripture out of context???? Wow.

your Type of rationality is something I have no desire to pursue.

doing a dance around scripture so you can avoid the commands to love and pray for your enemies is more likely taking scripture out of context.

one liners like that is not impressive.

yeh.. How is loving your neighbor to allow Neanderthals to kill him for no reason?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

That's it in a nutshell. But it would be true no matter who posted it. ;)

This Charming Manc

I like americans I just dont buy by everything your selling.

Americans values and Christan values are two different things the same as English, French, German and Chinese values are

As regards the 2nd world war.

You were three years late.
You only joined in after you were attacked
The war was really decided when hitler attcked russia

Not that were not greatful, but overplay your heroic saving of the day in WWII, if japan hadn't attacked pearl harbor you would have left us on our own.

And you are alive in England today because American blood was shed to help defend your country!
If you don't like us just keep your mouth shut!

This Charming Manc

you mean guys like Jesus?

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Liberals need to get off those drugs.

Seriously, I look at a lot of things that come out of these lefties, pacifists, libbie Christian types, and just :doh:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you think about this Meshek, do you love those guys that behead innocent people?

This Charming Manc

Can you show me where Jesus, Paul or any of the apostles teach this?

Last edited:

Word based mystic

It is not a leftist, commie mentality to go be a missionary where the possibility of dying or being martyred to bring the Gospel to those who have not heard.

It especially is not cowardly. It is a pure act of love if it is prompted by the Spirit.

Spirit led activity can and will produce the fruit Jesus is looking for so the lost can hear and respond to the gospel. It is the very foundation of how the lost gain an opportunity to become born again. Partnering with His children in bringing that message and loving the lost is the reality of loving our lives even unto death.

politics and platitudes do not produce spiritual fruit.

action sponsored by the Spirit in love brings life to those around us.
this is not fear based but love based action.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I like americans I just dont buy by everything your selling.
You shouldn't buy everything any government is selling, including your own.

As regards the 2nd world war.

You were three years late.
How do you figure?

You only joined in after you were attacked
You only enjoined when you had no other realistic options.

The war was really decided when hitler attcked russia
No, the war was decided by divided fronts. Without us you don't have that and Hitler likely wins. Given the way his weapons development programs were going Stalin would have had to capitulate or face annihilation. It took all of us working in concert to undo the Nazi infection.

Not that were not greatful, but overplay your heroic saving of the day in WWII,
There's no overplaying it. If we don't join in you're subjugated. If we hadn't sent a great deal of support prior you might not have lasted until we came.

if japan hadn't attacked pearl harbor you would have left us on our own.
Debatable. I doubt it. Roosevelt simply needed a fulcrum. But what we can know for certainty is that we did enter the war and entering it began the turning of that Nazi tide.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-beauty/news/miss-usa-sparks-twitter-storm-with-message-to-terrorists-2015261#channel=f1a59375fa3a44f&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmagazine.com

Miss USA speaks of love, etc, toward terrorists

Yeh, sure, we should love them. We should try to convert them b4 we just bomb the crud out of them.

Maybe we should drop billy Graham like religioius tracts down on them... and say Convert or die!

yeh, i know, we don't believe in forcing our religion on anyone, but they believe in forcing their lack of religion on us... their Neanderthal-ness...

not all is fair in love and war, but a lot of stuff is

And when they get taken to Gitmo, they should NOT be given a Koran!!

PLEASE

They should be allowed to have only ONE thing for reading material: the Bible..

People who read the bible change for the better

those who never do, never do...

and if they want to go back to Jihad after reading the bible...

we have no choice but to kill them..or be killed... but then, that is sometimes the case regardless..

+++
Wouldn't it be peachy if we could keep all the good people over here and force the evil people to go over there. Then all we would need to do is destroy those evil people and the world would be rid of war, tribalism and violence!

But the line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

And who wants to destroy a piece of their own heart?

Turning the world into "We're saved" and "You're not" makes as much sense as two football teams praying for divine help during the halftime for victory.

All humans stoop to violence when their own suffering cannot be dealt with.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, twas but an analogy my deerie! For most normal drivers, the red light is the thing we have to obey. The green light is the thing we want to obey. The green light is our friend, the red light our enemy. For some people the red light is their friend, the green light the enemy. I think I know where I stand with Death Wish Charlie. He is the last person I would want to be my friend because he thinks only of his enemies. In reality, paradoxical as it may seem, the enemy are his only friends.

Most normal drivers don't anthropomorphize their traffic signals. :)

Okay, I'll go along.

There are more than a few here who only see traffic lights as a two-signal system. Just black and white. White means good, black means bad, and for them a yellow caution light doesn't exist. The thing about the yellow light is that you have the ability to make a decision based on the information you have available to you at that moment. So do you speed up or slow down? Here's where the analogy gets thrown wide open.

Bump for Desert Reign. Still wondering how how you see yellow lights in your analogy.

This Charming Manc

Lots of stuiff worth talking about here, a different thread ?

You shouldn't buy everything any government is selling, including your own.

How do you figure?

You only enjoined when you had no other realistic options.

No, the war was decided by divided fronts. Without us you don't have that and Hitler likely wins. Given the way his weapons development programs were going Stalin would have had to capitulate or face annihilation. It took all of us working in concert to undo the Nazi infection.

There's no overplaying it. If we don't join in you're subjugated. If we hadn't sent a great deal of support prior you might not have lasted until we came.

Debatable. I doubt it. Roosevelt simply needed a fulcrum. But what we can know for certainty is that we did enter the war and entering it began the turning of that Nazi tide.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bump for Desert Reign.

There are more than a few here who only see traffic lights as a two-signal system. Just black and white. White means good, black means bad, and for them a yellow caution light doesn't exist. The thing about the yellow light is that you have the ability to make a decision based on the information you have available to you at that moment. So do you speed up or slow down? Here's where the analogy gets thrown wide open.

Still wondering how how you see yellow lights in your analogy.

Ah, sorry Anna. I got a bit cheesed off with that mystic fellow who did the usual trick of responding to things I did not say, apologising for things I was not upset about and not responding to things I did say (and still not bothering to use the quote button).

But anyway... Here we have red, amber and green. Red and green means stop and go. Amber, with one of the other two means that it is about to change. Well, amber on its own means it is about to go red. Our highway code is clear: if it is amber about to go red you must stop unless you cannot stop in time (which would mean that you might end up stopping in the middle of the junction). Also, it is against the code to speed up in this circumstance - though many do. The kind of person I am talking about slows down when it is still green because he is scared of going across when it turns amber or red. And he really hopes that it will turn amber or red before he gets to the line.

So for me, this is the kind of person who would rather submit to a terrorist, attacker or thief in the hope that he won't have to make a decision in the real world. And of course I am hardly the gung ho kind of person mystic describes. Yes, as you say, I would assess the situation to determine what could and couldn't be done. To me, the typically pacifist person doesn't want to even make an assessment because he thinks that following a rule will make him completely safe. To me, it is just cowardice. And mystic says that it isn't and that he was willing to do his part in the forces but that is just a personal response and doesn't deal with the argument as such.

Last edited: