Miss USA says to love the terrorists..

Word based mystic

tambora Where did I ever say love was all about kissing boo boos and hugs?? Although doing loving things prompted by the Holy Spirit would go a long ways in impacting the losts lives with God's love. Feeding them when they are hungry. hugging the desperate and lonely would also be good. tying up the wounds and healing them in many ways is good also. These are the things that Jesus Did wherever he went. He did however take out a whip for the money changers and hypocrites. I don't remember Jesus convincing the people to take up arms and rescue John in the prison. mocking the physical ministry to people by calling it boo boos and hugs may just show that you may not have a good understanding of biblical love.

bybee

tambora Where did I ever say love was all about kissing boo boos and hugs?? Although doing loving things prompted by the Holy Spirit would go a long ways in impacting the losts lives with God's love. Feeding them when they are hungry. hugging the desperate and lonely would also be good. tying up the wounds and healing them in many ways is good also. These are the things that Jesus Did wherever he went. He did however take out a whip for the money changers and hypocrites. I don't remember Jesus convincing the people to take up arms and rescue John in the prison. mocking the physical ministry to people by calling it boo boos and hugs may just show that you may not have a good understanding of biblical love.

Tambora is a tried and true poster on TOL. You are out of line to presume to criticize her!
Certainly share your own thoughts and beliefs here but do not pass judgment on others.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Political correctness- I don't know which is worse, the fact that it exists or that the majority really are just incredibly sheepish.

'Love the terrorists' is a sentiment that just perpetuates it all. There is nothing to love of a band of criminals against humanity who persuade children into blowing themselves up or behead husbands and send the video to their families.

The love stops there, you purge them from the Earth because they are minsters of Satan. It's not hate, it's an exorcism. The end.

This Charming Manc

how did the NT church in acxts towards there enemies.

Looks like the church in acts listened to Jesus and not violent right wing American MAD devotes.

All you madsters are so far off the biblical pattern on this it is embarrassing.

God loves the whole world and didn't stop killing the enemy.
Perhaps you don't quite have a firm grasp of what biblical love is.
It's not all about hugs and kissing boo-boos.

This Charming Manc

Tripe Tamboras big girl... she wades in here she can look after herself.

Tambora is a tried and true poster on TOL. You are out of line to presume to criticize her!
Certainly share your own thoughts and beliefs here but do not pass judgment on others.

This Charming Manc

questions

is there anything to love in you?
were you a minister of satan?
did god and other Christians purge you off the face of the earth?

I dont get these people who accept grace for themselves but demand judgement and law for other people.

If God is just its grace for all or law for all which do you want?

Political correctness- I don't know which is worse, the fact that it exists or that the majority really are just incredibly sheepish.

'Love the terrorists' is a sentiment that just perpetuates it all. There is nothing to love of a band of criminals against humanity who persuade children into blowing themselves up or behead husbands and send the video to their families.

The love stops there, you purge them from the Earth because they are minsters of Satan. It's not hate, it's an exorcism. The end.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned

Looks like the church in acts listened to Jesus and not violent right wing American MAD devotes.

All you masters are so far off the biblical pattern on this it is embarrassing.

No, you just make the mistake, among many others, of neglecting the fact that the Bible taught in relevance to a defenseless society who had responsibilities for their next generation not to go put themselves at stake. Only in the event that it came down to inevitability would they resort to martyrdom, otherwise they would remain neutral as to stay out of harms way.

Christianity was a religion among the poor and powerless, and since then Christians have become nations in need of being defended and evils being vanquished.

Liberal passivity is a joke and not only unsupported but also an embarrassment on sensibility, sober virtue, and God given administration of righteous justice.

This Charming Manc

Then you dont do what Jesus commanded and the new testament church did.

I don't love my enemy. I watch my enemy and I seek to protect myself from the depredations of my enemy. If the enemy wishes to let me live unmolested as a neighbor, then, I will be a good neighbor.
I pray to have brave souls as neighbors.

This Charming Manc

So you are saying that Jesus teaching is ridiculous?

Look at the book of acts and see what the church did when attacked?

Did you see the early church, tooling up and going after the Sanhedrin after the stoning of Steven, did he pray curses down on those stoning him?

You will tell me that is not representative of scripture, that Jesus did mean what he said, that it is ridiculous.

I'm lefting thinking that madsters and other right wing American christian want Jesus to be a convenient sacrifice for there sins and no more.

When me makes demands on them which are exacting and wants to be Lord, all I hear is 100 reasons why he didn't mean it and you want to carry on in the way of the world.

One question is Jesus Lord or just a convenient sacrifice for your sin?

This is the stupidest thing anyone could say. Clearly you are determined to make Jesus' words sound utterly ridiculous.

The Sermon on the Mount had nothing to do with what we should do if someone tries to kill us or the people we love.

This Charming Manc

So you think you know better the a Jesus and the disciples?

Fine but dont call yourself a christian because you left his teaching when you start following your own doctrines.

No, you just make the mistake, among many others, of neglecting the fact that the Bible taught in relevance to a defenseless society who had responsibilities for their next generation not to go put themselves at stake. Only in the event that it came down to inevitability would they resort to martyrdom, otherwise they would remain neutral as to stay out of harms way.

Christianity was a religion among the poor and powerless, and since then Christians have become nations in need of being defended and evils being vanquished.

Liberal passivity is a joke and not only unsupported but also an embarrassment on sensibility, sober virtue, and God given administration of righteous justice.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
I love the irony of people who enjoy their life through the protection of the military telling others that not letting evil people kill everybody is unChristian.

Jesus taught that one not shed blood in vain. It is why he told Peter to bring a weapon, but then told him to drop it because it was a fruitless assault.
There is nowhere in scripture that says for Christians to do nothing while their society is slaughtered, that is not a requirement of a Christian. Liberals are completely, extraordinarily retarded- this is a spectacle of 'liberology' altogether; overloaded, blinding false virtue.

This Charming Manc

ever read the sermon on the mount or the book of acts?

I love the irony of people who enjoy their life through the protection of the military telling others that not letting evil people kill everybody is unChristian.

Jesus taught that one not shed blood in vain. It is why he told Peter to bring a weapon, but then told him to drop it because it was a fruitless assault.
There is nowhere in scripture that says for Christians to do nothing while their society is slaughtered, that is not a requirement of a Christian. Liberals are completely, extraordinarily retarded- this is a spectacle of 'liberology' altogether; overloaded, blinding false virtue.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
tambora Where did I ever say love was all about kissing boo boos and hugs??
I never said you said love was all about kissing boo boos and hugs.

Feeding them when they are hungry. hugging the desperate and lonely would also be good. tying up the wounds and healing them in many ways is good also.
Lovely.
Even unbelievers can do that.

So what distinguishes their good deeds from the good deeds done by believers?
The answer is that their good deeds have zero to do with their salvation.

It is not your obedience and righteousness that saves you.
It is the obedience and righteousness of one - Christ (not two - Christ plus you).
Romans 5:17-19 KJV
(17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

These are the things that Jesus Did wherever he went.
Well ......

He did however take out a whip for the money changers and hypocrites.
There ya go!
And He called folks children of the devil.

Apparently, Jesus didn't feel the need to be nicey nicey to everyone at all times.

And He even had a rather distasteful comment for some who were doing good deeds.
Matthew 7:22-23 KJV
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.​

I don't remember Jesus convincing the people to take up arms and rescue John in the prison.
I don't either.

But to say that God NEVER commands folks to take up arms and kill is false.

And since God loves the whole world, but kills some, means that love and killing are not exclusive of each other.

mocking the physical ministry to people by calling it boo boos and hugs may just show that you may not have a good understanding of biblical love.
Well, hold on there.
I never said one's physical ministry to people was boo boos and hugs.
I said love is not all about hugs and kissing boo-boos, because it's not.

bybee

All you madsters are so far off the biblical pattern on this it is embarrassing.

And you are alive in England today because American blood was shed to help defend your country!
If you don't like us just keep your mouth shut!

republicanchick

so if the ISIL peple came after you, you would say, "Hey, you want to cut off my head.. Here it is... go ahead..."

ok

well, that would be YOUR choice. Please let others have freedom to defend themselves (and family/friends)

Word based mystic

Tambora
2 cor 6:5 but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses, 5in beatings, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in hunger, 6in purity, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in genuine love,

Bringing the Love of of God through works led by the Spirit does have an impact on the lost.

Of course good works doesn't = salvation by them. that was never a subject of discussion.
Of course His/Christs works is what brought salvation possibility to all men.

We do have a Job and partnership with bringing the gospel and His Love to those around us. Especially those who persecute us.

I have said many times that their are times to defend ourselves.

But The main focus of a christian is not to desire to take up arms and kill

The main focus and our response should be
Matthew 5:44 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good

Another and similar and primary focus should be this
Ephesian 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13Therefore, take up the full armor of God,

Also 2 cor 10:4 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God
These above scriptures as well as Prayer Should be Christians first and primary reaction.

Sadly a call to arms seems to be the main focus for some,
Instead of a call to prayer and sending missionaries like the early church did.
sending missionaries is what will change the next generation of muslim or any other enemies towards being responsive to Gods message of Christ, salvation