Militarized Police

THall

Oh, you poor dear. You seriously think Police Officers should be beyond sin.

Yes, poor me, for thinking
that police officers in charge
of upholding the law should not
break the laws they are supposed
to support. What a moron you are.

IMJerusha

another brick for
you the queen of denial.

A Newton police officer was arrested Monday on accusations that he unzipped his pants and exposed himself to young male drivers during “numerous” traffic stops.

Jason R. Miller, 37, of Hampton Township, a patrolman since 2001, turned himself in at the Sussex County Prosecutor’s Office and has been indefinitely suspended without pay pending the outcome of the criminal case, according to a statement issued by Sussex County Prosecutor Francis Koch and Newton Police Chief Michael Richards.

Miller was charged with two counts of official misconduct, one count of a pattern of official misconduct and one count of lewdness, the statement said.

Miller would expose his genitals to motorists “to satisfy his prurient interests” and then let them leave without issuing traffic summonses, according to a police complaint.

Because police don't have
morality issues, right?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh please, tell me what is so militarized about a man's genitals?
You're really reaching.

THall

Point of fact, had the couple not had arrest records and had not led the Police in a high speed chase all over town, there wouldn't have been a shooting.

Because speeding, reckless driving
and not pulling over are all offenses
punishable by death. :loser:

Not to mention we should take
those with a record who have
served their time, and execute them
because their original punishment was
not really served, and just a starting point.
You are your very own unique level of
utter stupidity. :dunce:

IMJerusha

I'm not the one who has twisted this thread from militarization to morality. No one here questions the immorality of breaking the law.

IMJerusha

Because speeding, reckless driving
and not pulling over are all offenses
punishable by death. :loser:

Not to mention we should take
those with a record who have
served their time, and execute them
because their original punishment was
not really served, and just a starting point.
You are your very own unique level of
utter stupidity. :dunce:

Twisting does seem to be your MO, doesn't it. My point was that I am content to wait for all the facts, not the media hype, to come out.

IMJerusha

Yes, poor you for thinking that any human being is not susceptible to sin. Why do you think Police Departments set up internal monitoring to begin with?

THall

Yes, poor you for thinking that any human being is not susceptible to sin. Why do you think Police Departments set up internal monitoring to begin with?

After all of the examples that
have been posted here by
multiple people of the police
not actually monitoring their own,
it is obvious you are too stupid to
understand what the code of silence
is and how it functions in our police
culture. Don't feel bad though theretic
is just as clueless and he is supposed to
be educated, hah!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
have been posted here by
be educated, hah!
Rather, she's smart enough to watch you run from the actual thing that provides an answer you don't want while leaning on what can't and hurling juvenile epithets at anyone who points that out. :plain:

To anyone interested in what does provide insight into the larger truth and not unreasonable concern, look here.

IMJerusha

have been posted here by
be educated, hah!

Well, THall, according to you, you're part of the problem. If you don't like the system, extricate yourself from it (if indeed you really have anything to do with it) And do yourself a favor. Stop watching so many Chuck Norris movies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I am embarrassed to be even somewhat on the same side as THall. The police aren't monsters; they are just human.

And my concern is handing humans that much power without oversight. No one is immune to the corruption of unchecked power. I'm impressed that so few of them go rogue, considering the temptations.

Christ's Word

I am embarrassed to be even somewhat on the same side as THall. The police aren't monsters; they are just human.

And my concern is handing humans that much power without oversight. No one is immune to the corruption of unchecked power. I'm impressed that so few of them go rogue, considering the temptations.

You have no idea how bad it is. You should try working with them. The stats do no reflect reality, they are just smoke and mirrors.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You have no idea how bad it is.

Ever heard of PINAC? I have had a number of yahoos tell me I couldn't photograph buildings visible from public ways, or that I couldn't take a picture if even one person was in it who hadn't given me permission to take it. And when reminded of the law, a few of them got belligerent and demanded that I provide my papers for them. One cop at a St. Louis MTA station told me that photography was prohibited. I stopped shooting, but reported him. He was ordered to report for retraining. Which was fine with me. I had the shot I wanted, anyway.

And I'm aware that a few police have gone completely rogue and have assaulted innocent people and/or stolen their property. Some of them have escaped punishment. Yes. I know.

You'll just have to take my word for it that the vast majority of police don't bother me, or after they ask a few questions, tell me to have a nice day, and depart.

I don't deliberately try to provoke them, but I have always asserted my rights, and so far, no police officer has abused me beyond an illegal demand for my identification.

You should try working with them.

I was a volunteer fireman. We never had a problem with them. Small town, you know. I know in some cities, they don't get along well.

The stats do no reflect reality, they are just smoke and mirrors.

I tend to think they are accurate, since incidents of violence decline markedly when police wear body cams.

THall

IMJerusha

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_police_officer_shoot_6.html

Can't wait to see the retards
theretic and IMJ defend this one.

Don't comply, they just shoot you.
Your stats won't help this child,
now will they?

Can you tell me how an officer is supposed to respond when, instead of putting his hands up as instructed, the boy reached for this concealed in his waistband?

cleveland-police-officer-shoots-12-year-old-boy-04600e4e02eb25eb.jpg

Does this look like a BB gun to you? It looks like a 1911 to me. You did notice that the orange BB gun identifying cap is missing? Is this a tragedy?....yes. Is this unnecessary deadly force? Not to my POV.
Are you so naive that you don't think 12 year olds are capable of having and using a deadly weapon?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-sister-murder-suicide-cops-article-1.1971007

This has nothing to do with militarization of Police. This is a sad reality of Police work and poor parenting.

Now take a look at what Police Officers face all the time for little thanks and folks like you.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ng-bangers-painting-orange-tips-on-real-guns/

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
She's right. It's a tragedy, a horrible mistake, but there's nothing criminal here. A police officer saw him pick up a gun, told him to put up his hands, and he reached for the gun instead.

And he died. The officer had no way of knowing it was just a bb gun. If other circumstances, the officer would have died.

IMJerusha

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Can't wait to see the retards
theretic and IMJ defend this one.
I can't wait to see what you sound like when you grow up.

Looks like the particulars have already been addressed, but my point remains the thing you can't refute and won't address from that Cato Institute bit I linked a while ago. An excerpt:

The average national police misconduct rate is estimated to be 834.69 per 100,000 police officers. In 2008 there were an estimated 712,360 state and local law enforcement officers employed in the US for an average of 1 officer for every 231.5 people.​

So the rule appears to be overwhelmingly in favor of good cops doing a dangerous, thankless job.

Don't comply, they just shoot you. Your stats won't help this child, now will they?
Your anecdotes will never make a rule, will they. :nono:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Take a look at the additional link I edited my post with.

I wondered why no one had thought of that. But I never talked about it, because I didn't want to be the one to give people ideas.

I suspect in the heat of the moment, if someone jumped out of a corner, aiming a toy gun at a cop, he'd likely get shot, orange tip or no. And I couldn't blame the cop.

I collect old cameras, and one of my friends has a Zenit Photosniper, a stock meant to hold a 35mm camera with a telephoto lens. It was built in the old Soviet Union. It would be close to suicidal to take that out in public today.

And I understand why.

fs2.jpg