Militarized Police

THall

We're taking a break here while protesting is ongoing in the St. Louis area. :chuckle:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2014/11/24/oath-keepers-open-letter-to-the-people-of-ferguson-missouri/

"We also urge the protest organizers and participants to be on the lookout for provocateurs from outside Ferguson who want to start violence, and who want to start a race war." Provocateurs like Oath Keepers?

You are a retard and a liar.
Oath Keepers were guarding
minority businesses in Ferguson.
Something your 'good police'
did not have the courage to do.

They stayed in one group of about
5oo at the police station as a giant
pack. Even the fireman had enough
courage to go out into the city
and try to put out fires
until they were being shot at with no
police protection.

Somehow the truth and your
comments never seem to
match up.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Interesting. Apparently, the authorities are doing a nationwide crackdown on scofflaw kids operating unlicensed lemonade stands.
http://www.lemonadefreedom.com/2011/07/29/map-of-restrictions-on-kid-run-concession-stands/

Edit:I have a bit of a bias. Years ago, my daughter and her friend decided to sell cold bottled water at a soccer field. The Association didn't mind, and the other girl's mom checked with the city manager's office, being told that kids selling drinks like that were not prohibited.

Unfortunately, the police thought otherwise. I was at the field, and my daughter came up and told me. I went back, discussed it with the officer, explained that we had already cleared it with the city, and he went away.

A few minutes later, his supervior drove up, walked up to me and got in my face, nose to nose. Being an old NCO, I knew the drill; don't back off, impassive face, let your eyes talk for you. And let him hang. Eventually, he backed up and told me the girls would have to stop. I pointed out that his boss's boss said otherwise.

He stomped away, telling me he was going to keep an eye on me. Following an email exchange, (mostly to document the threat and what occasioned it) the police chief assured me it was all an error, and no hard feelings anywhere. Most police are like the first officer, reasonable and intending to serve the public. But there are also those weak little guys who like to push people around.

We don't do enough to weed them out.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Interesting. Apparently, the authorities are doing a nationwide crackdown on scofflaw kids operating unlicensed lemonade stands.
http://www.lemonadefreedom.com/2011/07/29/map-of-restrictions-on-kid-run-concession-stands/

Edit:I have a bit of a bias. Years ago, my daughter and her friend decided to sell cold bottled water at a soccer field. The Association didn't mind, and the other girl's mom checked with the city manager's office, being told that kids selling drinks like that were not prohibited.

Unfortunately, the police thought otherwise. I was at the field, and my daughter came up and told me. I went back, discussed it with the officer, explained that we had already cleared it with the city, and he went away.

A few minutes later, his supervior drove up, walked up to me and got in my face, nose to nose. Being an old NCO, I knew the drill; don't back off, impassive face, let your eyes talk for you. And let him hang. Eventually, he backed up and told me the girls would have to stop. I pointed out that his boss's boss said otherwise.

He stomped away, telling me he was going to keep an eye on me. Following an email exchange, (mostly to document the threat and what occasioned it) the police chief assured me it was all an error, and no hard feelings anywhere. Most police are like the first officer, reasonable and intending to serve the public. But there are also those weak little guys who like to push people around.

Map from the Freedom Center of Missouri. LOL I'm getting a strong opinion about Missouri at this point.

You're right. There's good cops and there's bad cops. I think more good than bad.

THall

Chief Belmar (St. Louis County) is being accused
by some of signing papers for candidates from the
Police Academy that have been convicted of crimes.

When the Governor of Missouri changed the plan,
and NOT allow the National Guard that he called up,
actually protect the people of Ferguson,
Belmar kept silent.
The Mayor, and the Police Chief of Ferguson objected publicly, Belmar.....silent.

$15,000,000.00 of Missouri tax dollars wasted:
$6,000,000.00 of St. Louis County residents money wasted
on police overtime.

The result????????

150 businesses damaged.
27 buildings burnt to the ground.
Epic failure.

IMJerusha

You are a retard and a liar.
Oath Keepers were guarding
minority businesses in Ferguson.
Something your 'good police'
did not have the courage to do.

They stayed in one group of about
5oo at the police station as a giant
pack. Even the fireman had enough
courage to go out into the city
and try to put out fires
until they were being shot at with no
police protection.

Somehow the truth and your
comments never seem to
match up.

Yep, they're a pack of saints!

IMJerusha

Chief Belmar (St. Louis County) is being accused
by some of signing papers for candidates from the
Police Academy that have been convicted of crimes.

When the Governor of Missouri changed the plan,
and NOT allow the National Guard that he called up,
actually protect the people of Ferguson,
Belmar kept silent.
The Mayor, and the Police Chief of Ferguson objected publicly, Belmar.....silent.

$15,000,000.00 of Missouri tax dollars wasted:
$6,000,000.00 of St. Louis County residents money wasted
on police overtime.

The result????????

150 businesses damaged.
27 buildings burnt to the ground.
Epic failure.

You know, for someone who supposedly trains police officers, you sure have a problem with a lot of 'em.

THall

You know, for someone who supposedly trains police officers, you sure have a problem with a lot of 'em.

If they did not have problems
they would not need training.

Alas, you would need a functioning
brain to understand the above
statement, good luck with that.

You ancestors are probably one of
those idiots that questioned Christ
for talking to sinners.

IMJerusha

If they did not have problems
they would not need training.

Alas, you would need a functioning
brain to understand the above
statement, good luck with that.

Who goes to HaSatan for training?

You ancestors are probably one of
those idiots that questioned Christ
for talking to sinners.

It's possible. But this law enforcement proponent isn't a smiling Jack.

Christian Liberty

I wondered why no one had thought of that. But I never talked about it, because I didn't want to be the one to give people ideas.

I suspect in the heat of the moment, if someone jumped out of a corner, aiming a toy gun at a cop, he'd likely get shot, orange tip or no. And I couldn't blame the cop.

I collect old cameras, and one of my friends has a Zenit Photosniper, a stock meant to hold a 35mm camera with a telephoto lens. It was built in the old Soviet Union. It would be close to suicidal to take that out in public today.

And I understand why.

fs2.jpg

I'm not saying I know the right answer here, but what if instead of a cop it was a civilian. Would you give the same benefit of the doubt?

If the answer is "no" I think there's a problem. Badges don't grant extra rights. Cops have the same rights as the rest of us, but not more.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm not saying I know the right answer here, but what if instead of a cop it was a civilian. Would you give the same benefit of the doubt?

If a cop jumps out of hiding with a gun, I'll freeze and my hands go up. If I see a cop with a long weapon, I'll be inclined to find another place to be, since that suggests to me a serious shootout.

I think you're asking if I would have less concern about a cop sporting a gun than some ununiformed person doing the same. Yes, I think I would. In spite of all the examples of police going bad in public, I still think a uniformed officer is less likely to be a hazard than a random person with a gun.

And I get the point of open carry. Constitutionally protected. Still, it bothers me, all the more so, since some open carry people threatened some (conservative) Texas legislators who they didn't think had sufficient enthusiasm for open carry.

There's some crazy gun people out there, too, even if most 2nd amendment supporters are perfectly sane.

If the answer is "no" I think there's a problem. Badges don't grant extra rights. Cops have the same rights as the rest of us, but not more.

Their jobs do give them certain license to do certain things, including carry a weapon where one would ordinarily not be permitted. We also give them a huge amount of discretionary power, which is why we should relentlessly remove any who abuse it.

That is where the law fails now.

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
I think Cops should have to have a Camera On at all times, on their Person only; and contrarily, that Setting up Camera's around the City is Wrong, and an Invasion of Privacy.

I don't think Cops should be able to Come into anybody's house Unless there has been Screaming, or Shooting Heard from within.

I think Cops With Camera's sounds just like a Dystopian Like Robo Cop Movie, but I think that for Traffic Stops they should be forced to Wear Cameras; It would be Much safer for them, and the Citizens that they are constantly taking money from on a Daily Basis.

The videos should be used in court on the Citizens Demand.

=M=

I do think that When the Police and DEA serve "Court Issued Home Search Warrant", they should also be forced to "Wear Cameras", with "Audio Recording Capabilities".

I also think that the Public should have access to at least the DEA Videos, on the Television; or, an Open Media source on the Internet.

That would keep Police from Killing People, and Citizens from Killing Police; In my Opinion.

Christian Liberty

If a cop jumps out of hiding with a gun, I'll freeze and my hands go up. If I see a cop with a long weapon, I'll be inclined to find another place to be, since that suggests to me a serious shootout.

I think you're asking if I would have less concern about a cop sporting a gun than some ununiformed person doing the same. Yes, I think I would. In spite of all the examples of police going bad in public, I still think a uniformed officer is less likely to be a hazard than a random person with a gun.

No. I'm asking: If a child pointed a toy gun at an armed civilian, and that civilian shot said child, who would you side with?

And I get the point of open carry. Constitutionally protected. Still, it bothers me, all the more so, since some open carry people threatened some (conservative) Texas legislators who they didn't think had sufficient enthusiasm for open carry.
There's some crazy gun people out there, too, even if most 2nd amendment supporters are perfectly sane.

I'm not sure of the details of this, but I would consider legislators that are trying to ban weapons to be tyrants. The 2nd amendment was given to us to protect us from that type of tyranny.

Their jobs do give them certain license to do certain things, including carry a weapon where one would ordinarily not be permitted. We also give them a huge amount of discretionary power, which is why we should relentlessly remove any who abuse it.

That is where the law fails now.

Everyone should be allowed to carry a weapon.

IMJerusha

Another shining example of IMJ lies.
She claims they police their own.
In this case "their own stood by and watched"
The Feds finally arrested this crook with a badge.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/01/fbi_arrest_bayonne_police_officer_in_connection_to.html

I believe I've already commented that there are good cops and bad cops. Your posts don't take away from your behavior nor does it take away from the behavior of any law enforcement officer or organization that goes out of his/it's way to promote a bad attitude toward law enforcement.