Militarized Police

THall

I believe I've already commented that there are good cops and bad cops. Your posts don't take away from your behavior nor does it take away from the behavior of any law enforcement officer or organization that goes out of his/it's way to promote a bad attitude toward law enforcement.

Should have been in Ferguson,
you would have gotten a real lesson
in reality.
There were no police officers protecting
lives or citizen's property on Monday night.
They were all surrounding the Police station
while 27 buildings burned to the ground, and
the arsonists did over 40 million in damage.
They have no excuses and you have no argument.

IMJerusha

in reality.

Oh, then you WERE in Ferguson? LOL Shall I refresh your memory?
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4209238&postcount=561

Christian Liberty

in reality.

Police rarely protect people's rights. But, I don't really see any chance of family members of cops ever seeing the truth about this. They are too emotionally connected. Much like most people who are families of soldiers have a hard time really considering whether the war their family member fought in was just or whether our freedoms were really at risk, they will inevitably feel that questioning the narrative questions the greatness of their family member.

At a certain level, I understand it, but its still wrong. At some point this country needs to come to terms with reality, or we will only continue to lose our constitutional rights.

THall

Police rarely protect people's rights. But, I don't really see any chance of family members of cops ever seeing the truth about this. They are too emotionally connected. Much like most people who are families of soldiers have a hard time really considering whether the war their family member fought in was just or whether our freedoms were really at risk, they will inevitably feel that questioning the narrative questions the greatness of their family member.

At a certain level, I understand it, but its still wrong. At some point this country needs to come to terms with reality, or we will only continue to lose our constitutional rights.

I agree with you, but the same people that can't be logical
about their family members don't seem to have the ability
to be honest or logical about anything important or even
remotely significant.

IMJerusha

What kind of smoke and mirror foolishness
was this post from you?

I have always said that I was in Ferguson
after the grand jury announcement. You
are just a piker trying to lie and manipulate.

Oh? Where did you post that? I must have missed it. So you just go 'round calling people retards and liars for no reason? Interesting. Is that one of the police tactics you teach or an OathKeeper tactic?

Christian Liberty

I agree with you, but the same people that can't be logical
about their family members don't seem to have the ability
to be honest or logical about anything important or even
remotely significant.

I've been learning about Myers Briggs personality types recently. It seems like most libertarians tend to be INTPs and INTJs (I'm INTP.) I wonder if some of these people who are "consistently dishonest" are actually sensers and/or feelers, which would explain why they'd just be too emotionally wrapped up in certain people to actually see systems for what they are.

There's a cop who goes to my church. I have no problem with him as an individual and we get along well. But systematically, I oppose the career. Making that distinction is really hard for most people.

Christian Liberty

I would say that the law is only as good as those who follow it.

But, what if certain laws are themselves the problem?

What if most laws have nothing to do with the Biblical mandate to restrain evil and reward good?

What if most laws actually punish peaceful people for completely and totally arbitrary reasons?

IMJerusha

But, what if certain laws are themselves the problem?

You don't break them. You move to change them within the process provided.

What if most laws have nothing to do with the Biblical mandate to restrain evil and reward good?

What if most laws actually punish peaceful people for completely and totally arbitrary reasons?

You don't break them. You move to change them within the process provided. I believe this is what is called a Democracy.

Last edited:

Christian Liberty

You don't break them. You move to change them with in the process provided.

You don't break them. You move to change them within the process provided. I believe this is what is called a Democracy.

That's not my point. My point is that in these cases the law is the problem, as it often is. Putting the blame on the victims of said laws, rather than on the government that is being a terror to those who do good and the people who support said government, is misplaced, IMO.

I'm not saying people should go out and break laws, but I am suggesting that, per Augustine, unjust laws are no laws at all.

IMJerusha

That's not my point. My point is that in these cases the law is the problem, as it often is. Putting the blame on the victims of said laws, rather than on the government that is being a terror to those who do good and the people who support said government, is misplaced, IMO.

I'm not saying people should go out and break laws, but I am suggesting that, per Augustine, unjust laws are no laws at all.

If you don't like the laws on the books, move to change them within the process provided. That's the beauty of a Democracy. Declaring however, that you find said laws unjust and acting as if they aren't in force is breaking them. In a Democracy, no one gets to act like a spoiled child, stomp their foot and cry "But, I wanna!"
The fact is, if you dood it, you get a whippin! :chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I've been learning about Myers Briggs personality types recently. It seems like most libertarians tend to be INTPs and INTJs (I'm INTP.)

I knew there was some redeeming value in you. I'm an INTP, too. Pretty extreme INTP, as you might have noticed. And yes, I suppose many INTPs are libertarians. I'm not exactly an orthodox libertarian, but the philosophy appeals to me both intellectually and emotionally.

I wonder if some of these people who are "consistently dishonest" are actually sensers and/or feelers, which would explain why they'd just be too emotionally wrapped up in certain people to actually see systems for what they are.

I think other personality types can think clearly as INTPs. It's just that the value they put on evidence is different.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If you don't like the laws on the books, move to change them within the process provided. That's the beauty of a Democracy. Declaring however, that you find said laws unjust and acting as if they aren't in force is breaking them. In a Democracy, no one gets to act like a spoiled child, stomp their foot and cry "But, I wanna!"

We are, after all a nation of laws, not men. So the law and our responsibility to follow it, is a key part of the American ideal. But so is the responsibility to fight unjust laws. One typically American value is civil disobedience in the face of unjust abuse of authority.

But with that value, comes the willingness to take the consequences of civil disobedience. MLK did not bemoan his many arrests and even physical harm. It comes with the territory.

Christian Liberty

The fact is, if you dood it, you get a whippin! :chuckle:

Democracy isn't "beautiful", its two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. The wolves don't have an arbitrary right to run the lives of the sheep.
I knew there was some redeeming value in you.

I hoped there was:p

I'm an INTP, too. Pretty extreme INTP, as you might have noticed. And yes, I suppose many INTPs are libertarians. I'm not exactly an orthodox libertarian, but the philosophy appeals to me both intellectually and emotionally.

Yes, and you typically at least give good arguments for your position, which I can't say for everyone.

I think other personality types can think clearly as INTPs. It's just that the value they put on evidence is different.

Sure they can. But, they don't really understand that libertarians typically think in abstractions. When we bash cops, we're thinking at a systematic level, while others might think we're trying to bash their father or so forth. They don't understand the bigger picture.

THall

If our Founding Fathers took
your lame advice,

You would be a British subject,
rather than a brainless subject.:loser:

IMJerusha

If our Founding Fathers took
your lame advice,

You would be a British subject,
rather than a brainless subject.:loser:

I got the advice FROM the founding fathers who set up the Democracy! Very strange that you don't know that. Are you an American or a domestic terrorist?

IMJerusha

You are taking the will of the majority, no matter how absurd or ridiculous, at a presuppositional level. Why?

That's called the vote. Why do I accept it?...because I'm an American citizen and because it works. If you want anarchy, CL, America isn't the place for you. In America, the will of the people counts.