Knight's Posts of the Year 2008

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whoa... I didn't see that coming. When I typed that post I was emotional and was afraid it would come out unreadable.

So last year I said I would strive to do better, and it appears I did.

Here's for a great 2009 on TOL!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Any surprises so far?
At the point in which this post appears I was surprised that I made it into the top 50. I mean, I know it was Number 50, but I didn't expect to make it at all.

Now let's see if I can make another POTD, that is if no one else has beat me to it in responding to a certain someone on a certain subject...

Also, after reading the post quoted above, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself on the list of top 35 TOL posters. Even moreso that I was not the very last.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's a game you can all play. Go through as many of the top 50 posts as you like and give them all rep. See how many you already repped and share the number here. Most positive reps for top posts wins (bonus points if you neg-repped the worst posts of the year :D ).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here's a game you can all play. Go through as many of the top 50 posts as you like and give them all rep. See how many you already repped and share the number here. Most positive reps for top posts wins (bonus points if you neg-repped the worst posts of the year :D ).
That has to be one of the most desperate rep ploys I've witnessed since I've been here...

:think:

I like it! :thumb: :chuckle:

More seriously, a public congrats to Yorzhik and Graphite for exemplary work :e4e: and to everyone else noted.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wow! What a day! Great job, Knight. Congrats, Yorzhik!

Shoot...I meant to say thanks to Knight for doing us all an entertaining favor by reminding us of posts worth revisiting and some many of us might have otherwise missed. It adds a little after Christmas gift giving cheer to the season. :e4e:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:the_wave:

:cheers: Congratulations to all of this winners! :cheers:

:thumb:

THE BEST POST OF 2008
Yorzhik for an inspiring post

:patrol:

The TOP 3 TheologyOnline.com Posters of 2008

:third: #3 Becky/Prisca :checker:

:second: #2 Town Heretic :checker:

:first: #1 The Graphite
:checker:

The many threads and hundreds posts and to have be selected
I'm humbly honored to among 2008 posters

:eek:

As to formatting . . . For years I was a printer

And support for TOL . . . You've got it

assuranceagent

Wow! There's some really great stuff in there! Great job, Knight. I can only imagine the kind of work that must have gone into compiling this list. We couldn't ask for a better admin-claus! I really like the top posters idea too! Great addition.

Congratulations to all the winners and to Yorzhik in particular for some really great thoughts and entertaining posts. This list just proves the one thing in particular that attracts me to TOL over all else:

Within these virtual walls lie some of the most well-reasoned, thoughtful, intelligent individuals on the web. And many of them brothers and sisters in Christ to boot. What other site can claim as much? TOL is God's braintrust on the web. :thumb:

Last edited:

Ecumenicist

Its an honor to be mentioned, especially that post, because it hilights just how ugly this site has been in the past year. Hate filled rhetoric coupled with the site sanctioned avatar of a gay person being brutally beheaded are all a part of that thread.

Reality bears this out. People who live a life of denying their true nature
tend to miserable, hurting themselves and others.

Looking forward to a better year all the way around, on TOL and in the world.

Let the peace of Christ dwell in your heart.

Dave Miller

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its an honor to be mentioned, especially that post, because it hilights just how ugly this site has been in the past year. Hate filled rhetoric coupled with the site sanctioned avatar of a gay person being brutally beheaded are all a part of that thread.

Looking forward to a better year all the way around, on TOL and in the world.

Dave Miller
Lighten up, Francis

ragTagblues

Happy New Year all.

It was great show you put on Knight, but unfortunately I only caught the re-run. . . . . . I bet it was fantastic live.

Also thankyou for my mention, didn't even expect to be on the list yet alone score quite highly, my thanks it means alot after the trials of this year.

Hope you all had a fantastic Crimbo and move on in to the new year with your heads held high.

Cheers

ragTag