TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Truth is universal.

God is one.

One Ocean; many rivers.

One Sun; many rays.

~*~*~

If you've read tons of 'new age books' I would expect your scope and breadth of universal wisdom to be a bit more expansive :) As far as the Urantia Book goes, those interested may engage in the thread dedicated to its discussion, and like anything else...if you want to learn what a religious text teaches, read it for yourself first, and/or dialogue with those who are not purposely misrepresenting or distorting it. Use your God-given intelligence.

More importantly, getting back on topic,....anyone who swallows TULIP, hook, line and sinker,....either does so ignorantly, or does so knowingly by accepting an egotistical 'god' who plays souls as pawns upon its own cosmic chess board, already planning and enforcing the damnation of a good many, while only saving an elect group, ALL for this god's own glory. One has to step back and really look at all the implications of this theology and the sovereign 'god' who serves as its 'dictator'...and then choose whether or not such a 'god' is actually in reality....the true 'God'. - that's something you yourself must choose, and you yourself will be RESPONSIBLE for. - therefore I recommend you choose wisely. - yes....you DO have a choice. - but that's something this dictator 'god' wants to deprive you of.
To much Buddhism and Hinduism puts you on the wrong paths. Your paths denies the bible being breathed by God. You give too much credit to sleeping dudes breathed by spirits and believe nothing is written by God himself. Like Moses carved the ten commandments himself .

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is not even to mention the sick disgusting things he said in one of my own threads.
You do not have a proverbial leg to stand on Mr. self-appointed head of Gestapo thread police.
The brown shirts are coming, the brown shirts are coming, meh, it's just megalodon Lon . . .
(with his eyes glazed over again) . . . :chuckle:
Same old flaming accusations, eh Daqq?

daqq

Same old flaming accusations, eh Daqq?

Sticking up for the Nazi's now to suit your own ends, eh Tambora? I thought you were supposedly a Zionist supporter of Israel according to the flesh? I suppose it just goes to show that doctrine for some is really nothing more than a means to an end. But apparently you did not care to read to the end of the thread that was referenced and quoted, (as if what was already posted here was not enough, lol), and like I said, that is not even to mention the disgusting things the same poster said to me in one of my own threads. And what is the title of this thread after all? Oh yeah, "John Calvin's Nazi God", and thanks for getting this thread back on-topic; no doubt your pal Lon will much appreciate it! :chuckle:

Sort of like the 'final solution'. Now that is my kind of Catholic.

The Chinese have just withdrawn their bid of $200,000,000.00

(Maybe I should see what is up with the Twins?)

The entire auction is telepathically transported to the foot of Mount Ebo where the Siamese Twins are just coming down.

Where have you two been? Why have you not brought Mr. Judaism to the auction? And why do you wear that silly veil?

(Enough of this!)

SOLD TO THE ATHEIST FOR $4.50!

I'm sure glad this is now on record: thanks for showing your true colors. :)

daqq

Your logic is atrocious.

Your thoughts are atrocious.

You are the one who stuck your nose into something that was said to someone else for a reason. You reveal that you only operate according to your agenda for the day, whatever that may happen to be; otherwise you would not have just attacked me out of the sky blue yonder of your imagination. "Vengeance is Mine", says the Most High. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are the one who stuck your nose into something that was said to someone else for a reason. You reveal that you only operate according to your agenda for the day, whatever that may happen to be; otherwise you would not have just attacked me out of the sky blue yonder of your imagination. "Vengeance is Mine", says the Most High. :)
Well, you poor little thing.
Snivel on, foolish loser.

Reactions: Lon

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you saying that Jesus does not live inside you?

Then you are not his.

This is Jesus speaking:

John 17:26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Galatians 4:6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father.

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

You are in really bad shape Robert Pate.

You do NOT posses the virtues of Jesus Christ. Whether you believe it or not you are a sinner.

Jesus is present in the Holy Spirit. But he is not doing the work of the Holy Spirit. The work of the Holy Spirit is to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ, John 15:26. And to work in the life of the believer.

The work of Jesus is different from the work of the Holy Spirit. The work of Jesus is to atone for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2 and to fulfill the law for us. His position now is at the right hand of God where he is mediating his righteousness on our behalf.

When Jesus returns he is not coming back as a Spirit.

Eagles Wings

I've read tons of new age books by tons of all kinds of celestial beings and they all contradict each other. They can't get their tales together so they write the urantia books to put together more fables. Only suckers fall for it
I personally know many new agers due to working in the field of organic and sustainable food choices. One of my co-workers was an Ekist who would not kill the flies in the store because she believed they could be humans reincarnated as flies. One co-worker believed she was a witch, a "white" one of course, and you can imagine the fruity yet spiritually dangerous behavior. I was eventually shown by the Lord, that this was not a good place for me to be. The spiritual dynamic was intense and often exhausted me, so I moved on. Kinda like here at times.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I personally know many new agers due to working in the field of organic and sustainable food choices. One of my co-workers was an Ekist who would not kill the flies in the store because she believed they could be humans reincarnated as flies. One co-worker believed she was a witch, a "white" one of course, and you can imagine the fruity yet spiritually dangerous behavior. I was eventually shown by the Lord, that this was not a good place for me to be. The spiritual dynamic was intense and often exhausted me, so I moved on. Kinda like here at times.
You must be a designer

Lon

If you're giving your worship to a 'god' who damns souls for all eternity and PASSES OVER Them, totally abandoning them when this 'god' could offer them saving grace and an opportunity to choose salvation, then something in your own soul, which gives consent or derives pleasure from such a desecration and miscarriage of love and justice, must attract you to such a 'god', a 'god' mirroring your own psychology of self-punishment and misplaced concept of 'sovereignty'. This 'god' does NOT love every soul. This 'god' is Not love.
In order for Love to mean ANYTHING, sin and atrocity HAS to be eliminated. Look, instead of comparing religion looking for commonality, and picking what you like. Look at what is different and pay careful attention. Such would take a long time, but for you, do it. All religions are man trying to get to God. Christianity is God reaching man. It is the only one that purports that and claims it is written by Him. Look at Urantia: messenger. BoM: messenger. Quran: messenger. Bible: God. There are a lot of reasons Christianity stands alone. Jesus said He was the only Way. Read the first sentence again, it is the one that directly addresses the thread, but the rest of this supports it and your desperate need. -Lon

Lon

My commentary stands, and there is no personal 'pride' involved in its rational or logical conclusion.
I don't believe either of the former. Rational or logical are based on how little is seen. You are like a kid who sees a puzzle while he is working on the middle. He sees a horse head on one end and a lion hind end on the other and throws out the lion back end and opens other boxes of puzzles until his picture makes sense. It doesn't matter they can never fit together as long as it makes the picture he wants. This is exactly your theology.
You therefore misunderstand and misconstrue what is being communicated,. You're retracting back to a last resort explanation of "God can do what He wants to, because He's God". - this doesn't explain or resolve the illogical, inconsistency, immorality and tyranny of the Calvinistic 'god' who passes over and abandons some souls because he chooses to (no one knows why he chooses to damn some and save others, its a mystery) and does NOT afford them a real opportunity to choose salvation, while only an elect group gets rewarded with salvation, and both camps neither chose their condition or destiny, so have no response-ability (no real freedom) in the matter. Its a system that defies love, logic, reason and sanity. An intelligent person seeing this, is not a matter of pride, but one being intellectually honest with the propositions assumed in TULIP.
Thus, you become the arbiter of love, right and wrong. HUGE undertaking. Personally, I don't believe you are capable. Your judgment is as limited and fallible as you are yourself. The Bible gives standards of righteousness and love. If you read it more than other amateur prognosticators, you'd understand this. Your worldview colors everything you see, and reaffirms 'you will be like god.' You stand in God's place. In order for Love to exist, it HAS to eliminate sin, hate, atrocity. It doesn't want to, it has to. There is no perverse pleasure in it. There is no random choice. I am convinced whatever God does, is from Holy Love, regardless of your, my, or anybody else's accusation. They are all merely ignorant.

By consenting to TULIP, you align yourself with the propositions presented as being representative of 'God', so you're God is impartial, fickle, arbitrary, unloving, insane, irrational. At least in Theosophy, and universal metaphysical systems, which respect universal law,...the law of karma prevails, and there is true justice as each soul only reaps what it sows and there is equal compensation for all actions. In TULIP, you have 'preterition' which violates the law of karma and justice, by imposing damnation upon souls by no choice of their own, by no merit of their own, but imposed violence and desertion, a total deprival and travesty of love.
Again, your amateur and casual opinion. How does it actually feel to purport casual indifference. How 'can' anything you write actually stand as being from another anonymous? ONLY what I write from the infamous will stand. That's why you see pride and arrogance. It isn't that, I'm telling you when I repeat those with authority and where-with-all, the statements and truth stand because I'm not the one propping it by myself.
Yours can't stand. Audacious people or people thinking "I'm just as good" by themselves never understand this. Words stand if they are true. God will destroy straw stubble and dross. It CANNOT stand.

Lon

You have narrowly circumscribed God to a book,...that is rather myopic, illogical and unnecessary, since God is INFINITE. I have full conscious awareness of whatever choices are being made available in each arising moment. Most sentient beings do :)
Which is why you are stuck with sin. You swallow the whole camel, entrails and all. You think harder. I don't know if you are a meat-eater, but even you know you don't eat the whole animal. Your 'logic' isn't logical. Entrails are entrails. Don't go crying they are left out. There is no 'fair' or 'unfair.' There is just cold hard facts, truth. You are not a dictator for simply dealing with 'what is.'

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More truth 4 ya......

More truth 4 ya......

God breathed means written by God. You telling him he's narrow isn't good

Again you have no absolute proof that the Bible, a collection of books written by human authors, is Gods very own personal words, as if written by his own hands. The Bible on the face and historical record of it already has too many inconsistencies, myths, fables in it to even stand up to such a claim of 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' (this claim is actually unnecessary). At best one can claim its inspired more or less in so much as it relates true principles, morals, ethics and spiritual precepts, having teaching parables that communicates right religious practice and human relations...and that would be the worth of it, as much as its properly interpreted and incorporated in one's life style it has meaning and some value. This standard goes for any and all religious books btw, if you want to keep whining about me attacking the Bible :rolleyes: - another red herring IMO.

God is still inspiring souls, so any one given book does not have the total of revelation in it,...since revelation in space and time is progressive, which is the state of affairs in this life now, as we grow/evolve in this dimension of existence,....all being 'relative'. Lets consider this again, all in this life in space-time evolution is 'relative'. The only reality that is absolute, is The Absolute Itself. - all else is distorted/limited/conditioned by space and time. - this includes our concepts, images and beliefs about 'God'.

As far as me telling your version of 'god' that he's narrow,...well...I guess it might have some impact if he actually existed.

:think:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Again you have no absolute proof that the Bible, a collection of books written by human authors, is Gods very own personal words, as if written by his own hands. The Bible on the face and historical record of it already has too many inconsistencies, myths, fables in it to even stand up to such a claim of 'inerrancy' or 'infallibility' (this claim is actually unnecessary). At best one can claim its inspired more or less in so much as it relates true principles, morals, ethics and spiritual precepts, having teaching parables that communicates right religious practice and human relations...and that would be the worth of it, as much as its properly interpreted and incorporated in one's life style it has meaning and some value. This standard goes for any and all religious books btw, if you want to keep whining about me attacking the Bible :rolleyes: - another red herring IMO.

God is still inspiring souls, so any one given book does not have the total of revelation in it,...since revelation in space and time is progressive, which is the state of affairs in this life now, as we grow/evolve in this dimension of existence,....all being 'relative'. Lets consider this again, all in this life in space-time evolution is 'relative'. The only reality that is absolute, is The Absolute Itself. - all else is distorted/limited/conditioned by space and time. - this includes our concepts, images and beliefs about 'God'.

As far as me telling your version of 'god' that he's narrow,...well...I guess it might have some impact if he actually existed.

:think:
You don't understand the bible

God's Truth

You cannot get around it Robert. If you do not have the Spirit of Jesus, then you do not belong to Jesus.

You do NOT posses the virtues of Jesus Christ.

You do not say what God says.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

1 Corinthians 15:49
And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

I don't know who you have been studying from but you better start learning from Jesus.

Whether you believe it or not you are a sinner.

I can't find in the scriptures where it says that. Can you show me the scripture that says the saved are sinners in Christ? If you could show me that I will agree.

Jesus is present in the Holy Spirit. But he is not doing the work of the Holy Spirit. The work of the Holy Spirit is to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ, John 15:26. And to work in the life of the believer.

The work of Jesus is different from the work of the Holy Spirit. The work of Jesus is to atone for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2 and to fulfill the law for us. His position now is at the right hand of God where he is mediating his righteousness on our behalf.

When Jesus returns he is not coming back as a Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That scripture SAYS the Lord is the Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit. All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You don't understand the bible

Lets let readers decide on that from what is actually being shared in the discussions ;) - what matters most are what real issues, values, meanings, principles, subjects, facts, observations are being RELATED, and what approximates real wisdom, discernment and truth. And from there, one as a student of truth keeps researching and evaluating his 'knowledge', for such is subject to modifications as one continues to learn. This is what life is about. - being a student of reality.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Lets let readers decide on that from what is actually being shared in the discussions ;) - what matters most are what real issues, values, meanings, principles, subjects, facts, observations are being RELATED, and what approximates real wisdom, discernment and truth. And from there, one as a student of truth keeps researching and evaluating his 'knowledge', for such is subject to modifications as one continues to learn. This is what life is about. - being a student of reality.
Readers: the real issue is that freelight claims the bible contains errors, fables and contradictions and not breathed by God. Do we want freelight's alternative stories for replacements??? Do we, readers? ??

4d3f3e360f586e09a281ed7f4e662f7e.jpg

Robert Pate

Banned
You cannot get around it Robert. If you do not have the Spirit of Jesus, then you do not belong to Jesus.

You do not say what God says.

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

1 Corinthians 15:49
And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

I don't know who you have been studying from but you better start learning from Jesus.

I can't find in the scriptures where it says that. Can you show me the scripture that says the saved are sinners in Christ? If you could show me that I will agree.

Jesus is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That scripture SAYS the Lord is the Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit. All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

No, Jesus is present in the Holy Spirit, but Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. All of the persons of the trinity are present in each other, but they each have their own functions. The Holy Spirit did not die on the cross, nor did the Father.

It is heresy to confuse the work and function of the trinity.

God the Father remains in heaven.

God the Son Comes into the world as the savior.

God the Holy Spirit magnifies the work of the Son and works in the life of the believer.

If you keep this strait the Bible will make sense. If you confuse the trinity nothing will make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.