Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Perhaps now you'll admit that the Law has NOT been abolished.

It was made for the ungodly, and there are plenty of ungodly still in this world.

I never did say that the law has been abolished for unbelievers. Believers are not under the law, nor are they subject to it.

"There is no condemnation for those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law.

glorydaz

I never did say that the law has been abolished for unbelievers. Believers are not under the law, nor are they subject to it.

"There is no condemnation for those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law.

Well, you have claimed it was abolished, and it isn't.

This is why you keep running into problems. You are not clear....you make wide sweeping statements that leave something critical unstated. You do the same with reconciliation. You keep saying all things are reconciled (Col. 1:20) as if it was a present fact rather than a PURPOSE....clearly, there are many that must BE RECONCILED. It's just confusing when you fail to be clear.

musterion

He hasn't thought it through. Not by a long shot. If I had a screenshot of his posts on this I would build a case for universalism from everything he's said, just to make the point he hasn't thought it through.

Robert Pate

Banned
Well, you have claimed it was abolished, and it isn't.

This is why you keep running into problems. You are not clear....you make wide sweeping statements that leave something critical unstated. You do the same with reconciliation. You keep saying all things are reconciled (Col. 1:20) as if it was a present fact rather than a PURPOSE....clearly, there are many that must BE RECONCILED. It's just confusing when you fail to be clear.

The scripture plainly says that Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God. 2 Corinthians 5:19.

For now God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. But there will be a judgment when Jesus appears.

No one will be reconciled unto God unless they have accepted the offer of reconciliation. This will be determined in the judgment.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, but not all want it.

Robert Pate

Banned
He hasn't thought it through. Not by a long shot. If I had a screenshot of his posts on this I would build a case for universalism from everything he's said, just to make the point he hasn't thought it through.

I understand it completely, it is taught in the Bible. All one has to do is read it and believe it.

glorydaz

The scripture plainly says that Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God. 2 Corinthians 5:19.

For now God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. But there will be a judgment when Jesus appears.

No one will be reconciled unto God unless they have accepted the offer of reconciliation. This will be determined in the judgment.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, but not all want it.

You keep contradicting yourself with these statements.

All is not yet reconciled, Robert. It's why we preach, "Be ye reconciled."

This is a perfect example of why you get into trouble. People try to call you on your statements, and you don't seem to be able to hear how your pronouncements contradict each other. It isn't the scripture that does that. It's your reading of a particular scripture that does it.

Your statement above suggests that God is unable to see things as they are at present.

Robert Pate

Banned
You keep contradicting yourself with these statements.

All is not yet reconciled, Robert. It's why we preach, "Be ye reconciled."

This is a perfect example of why you get into trouble. People try to call you on your statements, and you don't seem to be able to hear how your pronouncements contradict each other. It isn't the scripture that does that. It's your reading of a particular scripture that does it.

Your statement above suggests that God is unable to see things as they are at present.

If God saw things as they are, he would wrap up the whole universe in one big ball of fire.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is a law for unbelievers. But not for Christians. If you are subject to the law you are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

No, you moron, with your demon "inspired" "logic," you, in your devilish false dichotomy, insists, via employing "abolished," pervert the meaning of the word. Members of the boc are not under the law, i.e., not under it's authority/jurisdiction; but that does not mean, necessitate, that the law must not exit, does not mean, necessitate, that the must be destroyed/abolished. It's a false dichotomy.

Your perversion/corruption, of the meaning of words,i.e., the law was abolished/destroyed/made void/eliminated for Christians, but not for the lost,as it was "unabolished/undestroyed/un made void/uneliminated for the lost, which is convoluted, idiotic "logic," as there is no such thing as being in a state of destroyed, then being "resurrected" into a state of "undestroyed," no such thing as being in a state of abolished, then being "resurrected" into a state of "unabolished," as that violates the basic meaning of the words abolish/destroy.

And , again, as I/others, have pointed out to you, prideful deceiver, you continue to make the false dichotomy, again, via moronic "logic," that if the law was not abolished/destroyed, then we are going to be judged by it. Insanity. No, not being under the authority/jurisdiction of a law, of the law, does not mean that law must not exist anymore, does not mean it must be in a "destroyed/abolished" state.

The analogy, to "dumb it down" for you/others, is that just because US citizens are not under the jurisdiction of foreign countries' laws, that does not mean that foreign countries' laws are abolished/destroyed, no longer exist.

You're a moron, and the reason I am not banned for saying so, is that the consensus from both the lost, and saved, and the mods on TOL, is you are, for your convoluted, demon "inspired" "reasoning."

glorydaz

John W is under the curse of the law, just look at his filthy language.

Filth to you? I call it colorful.

You realize that others on here see what you say is filth?

Are you the great arbitrator here? :chew:

I see your dead bones are calling out to be exposed.

Epoisses

Filth to you? I call it colorful.

You realize that others on here see what you say is filth?

Are you the great arbitrator here? :chew:

I see your dead bones are calling out to be exposed.

So nasty in your old age. You need some joy, joy, joy down in your heart, heart, heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.