Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a common diversion, ignore the direct words of Jesus in its totality, go off and find an extrapolation from a correspondence which appears to contradict Jesus for your own purposes.

I don't believe the Bible contradicts itself, and in this case you are reading more into what Jesus said than what is really there.

Jesus' teachings were for the Jews, Paul's teachings are for the church of God.

I'm not claiming Paul's teachings are for you, obviously they are not.

keypurr

Holy cow!!!! " I know he said he could, but he didn't. "

You've now gone off the rails! Like Thomas????? Thomas, "my Lord and my God"

Maybe one day you will in fact be like Thomas the doubter who finally gets it. :idea:

Now I see your ego is getting the best of you. Stop taking yourself so seriously, get out a little, get some fresh air.

Nothing to do with ego, just facts. You fail to show facts to satisfy my thirst for truth.
If you wish to follow blindly like most feel free to do so. I assume nothing.

Posted from the TOL App!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe the Bible contradicts itself, and in this case you are reading more into what Jesus said than what is really there.

Jesus' teachings were for the Jews, Paul's teachings are for the church of God.

I'm not claiming Paul's teachings are for you, obviously they are not.

The RCC's Bible contradicts itself plenty, but that's a different discussion. Jesus taught a gospel that was to be carried to the 4 corners of the earth, not the 4 corners of Israel.

We can rely on his own words about himself to have insight into the Father revealed on earth in the Son.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nothing to do with ego, just facts. You fail to show facts to satisfy my thirst for truth.
If you wish to follow blindly like most feel free to do so. I assume nothing.

Posted from the TOL App!

I have provided facts but you are being intellectually dishonest.

* Jesus said he had the power to lay his life down and to take it up again.

* Jesus point blanks tells the Jews to kill him (tear down this temple, his body) and he will raise it up again. He does resurrect from the dead and would later ask the apostles why they seem surprised.​

You finally concede Jesus said he would (but you say could) raise himself from the dead to prove his authority to teach as he did, he does in fact resurrect from the dead, but you claim the technicality that Jesus didn't actually redress his statement again. That's just pig headed self deception based on human pride, nothing less!

People wonder how the Jews could still be so blind, you are a good example of that.

JosephR

Holy cow!!!! " I know he said he could, but he didn't. "

You've now gone off the rails! Like Thomas????? Thomas, "my Lord and my God"

Maybe one day you will in fact be like Thomas the doubter who finally gets it. :idea:

Now I see your ego is getting the best of you. Stop taking yourself so seriously, get out a little, get some fresh air.

He called Jesus El Gibbor,, El is where you get God from and gibbor means mighty.. He did not say the tetragramatron, YhWh.

Now why did Thomas call Him that? ahh becasue Isiah called Him that first.
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of coarse you can ask any Jew if the Messiah is God.. and get your answer.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He called Jesus El Gibbor,, El is where you get God from and gibbor means mighty.. He did not say the tetragramatron, YhWh.

Now why did Thomas call Him that? ahh becasue Isiah called Him that first.
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of coarse you can ask any Jew if the Messiah is God.. and get your answer.

:rotfl: The Jews don't have a good track record when it comes to identifying the Son.

JosephR

:rotfl: The Jews don't have a good track record when it comes to identifying the Son.

maybe so, but since they wrote the scriptures that you are butchering, there input might be needed to sort things out.
not really you in particular, but the translation.
Maybe Jesus is God, He certainly does not appear to be the Messiah the Jews prophesied about.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We can rely on his own words about himself to have insight into the Father revealed on earth in the Son.

Jesus was sent to the people of Israel and in reading what he said we shouldn't ignore the cultural context of what he said. Neither should we ignore the cultural context of the NT writers.

The NT teaches that Jesus died. The OT teaches that the dead know nothing.

Jesus spoke in parables to the Jews but explained his parables to his disciples. Matthew said, "All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables, and without a parable spake he not unto them."

Paul explained the parable of Jesus' death. You seem to have gotten hung up on the parable itself.

genuineoriginal

The Son is the Father of his own creation, his Father is the Triune personification of the I AM. They are indistinguishably linked in divinity.
You admit that you are unable to understand the difference between Jesus and the Almighty.

That is okay, being unable to understand the difference won't result in forfeiting your salvation.

genuineoriginal

The RCC's Bible contradicts itself plenty, but that's a different discussion. Jesus taught a gospel that was to be carried to the 4 corners of the earth, not the 4 corners of Israel.
You seem to misunderstand the meaning of the Hebrew word אֶרֶץ ('erets) and its Greek counterpart οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē).

Both words mean land and are typically used for the land occupied by a country.

The gospel of Jesus was to be carried into the four corners of the land of Israel until the time allotted to the children of Israel in the seventy "weeks" prophecy was concluded, 3-1/2 years after the crucifixion.

After that time, the gospel was sent into all the nations of the Gentiles.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
maybe so, but since they wrote the scriptures that you are butchering, there input might be needed to sort things out.
not really you in particular, but the translation.
Maybe Jesus is God, He certainly does not appear to be the Messiah the Jews prophesied about.

Your getting warmer......

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was sent to the people of Israel and in reading what he said we shouldn't ignore the cultural context of what he said. Neither should we ignore the cultural context of the NT writers.

The NT teaches that Jesus died. The OT teaches that the dead know nothing.

Jesus spoke in parables to the Jews but explained his parables to his disciples. Matthew said, "All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables, and without a parable spake he not unto them."

Paul explained the parable of Jesus' death. You seem to have gotten hung up on the parable itself.

Yes, Jesus taught publically in parables but he also spoke directly to the authorities who confronted him in a language that they understood.

Jesus didn't always explain everything to the apostles......"Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going"....." Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”.....“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

The human body that the Son took on died, the Son then resurrected a new form. You forgot again and left that unpleasant counterpoint out.

The dead humans that have not translated do indeed sleep, "they know nothing" but not so with God incarnate, he never dies just like he said.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You seem to misunderstand the meaning of the Hebrew word אֶרֶץ ('erets) and its Greek counterpart οἰκουμένη (oikoumenē).

Both words mean land and are typically used for the land occupied by a country.

The gospel of Jesus was to be carried into the four corners of the land of Israel until the time allotted to the children of Israel in the seventy "weeks" prophecy was concluded, 3-1/2 years after the crucifixion.

After that time, the gospel was sent into all the nations of the Gentiles.

Geeeze! The mental gymnastics???? "Kanaph", 4 corners of the earth, whole world silly.

genuineoriginal

Geeeze! The mental gymnastics???? "Kanaph", 4 corners of the earth, whole world silly.

In the Bible, earth usually means a country, but your mind has been conditioned by our culture to translate the word to mean all the inhabited land on the planet.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
In the Bible, earth usually means a country, but your mind has been conditioned by our culture to translate the word to mean all the inhabited land on the planet.

Well, among some of the Jews that may have been the case, they developed a nationalistic ego trip which is reflected in their books about themselves. To them you were a Gentile dog! The prophets (which were often treated badly by the Zionist types) spoke more Liberally. But not so with the religion of Jesus, ALL men and women on earth are the children of God.

In fact when we look at Israel today, some things haven't changed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The human body that the Son took on died, the Son then resurrected a new form.

Jesus died and his spirit returned to the Father who gave it the same as any other human. Jesus would still be dead today if the Father had not resurrected him per their agreement.

Jesus' Savior is my Savior.