Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

I don't deny that God Almighty the Father is Lord over all, including Lord over Jesus Christ the Son of God our Lord.

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Psalm 136:2-4
2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. 4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Dartman

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
You stopped your "bold" too soon.

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but [FONT=&quot]one God[/FONT], the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and [FONT=&quot]one Lord[/FONT] Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

There are many lords ... but there is only one "Lord Jesus Christ".
There are many that are called God .... "but to us there is but one God, the Father"

Acts 2:34-35 For David ascended not into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet.

Two Lords in this text.

glorydaz

You stopped your "bold" too soon.

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but [FONT="]one God[/FONT], [FONT=arial black][B]the Fathe[/B]r,[/FONT] of whom are all things, and we in him; and [FONT="]one Lord[/FONT] Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

There are many lords ... but there is only one "Lord Jesus Christ".
There are many that are called God .... "but to us there is but one God, the Father"

Acts 2:34-35 For David ascended not into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet.

Two Lords in this text.

There are Lords and Gods all throughout the Bible, and in the same verse. Read the context.

Look at the pertinent words. :idea:

1. of whom are all things, and we in him;

2. by whom are all things, and we by him.

Dartman

There are Lords and Gods all throughout the Bible, and in the same verse. Read the context.

Look at the pertinent words. :idea:

1. of whom are all things, and we in him;

2. by whom are all things, and we by him.
Yes, Jehovah/YHVH God is the creator, the ONLY true God.

And we come to the Creator BY the ONLY Lord Jesus the Christ.

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

MennoSota

Philippians 2:5-11
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

MennoSota

Colossians 2:8-10
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.

MennoSota

Hebrews 1:1-4
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

MennoSota

The Trinity

“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matt. 28:19).

- Matthew 28:19

Scholars of world religions typically name Islam as one of the world’s three greatest monotheistic religions, the other two being Judaism and Christianity. Islam itself emphatically preaches monotheism, believing that to speak of any kind of distinction within God is to blaspheme His name.

As such, Islam emphatically rejects the doctrine of the Trinity. Even though orthodox confessions and creeds of the Christian church confess belief in only one God, Muslims typically assert that Christians believe in three gods. The Qur’an also seems to teach that Christians believe these three gods are Mary, Jesus, and God the Father.

Our confession of the Trinity is necessitated by the teaching of the Word of God. Many passages of Scripture, such as Deuteronomy 6:4 tell us God is one. But this is not a unity without complexity, for other passages, such as the one for today’s study, tell us this one God exists eternally in three, co-equal persons.

The orthodox doctrine of the Trinity affirms that God is one in essence and three in person. Contrary to the assertions of Muslims and others, this is not a contradiction. If God were to be one and not one (that is, three) at the same time and in the same relationship, then we would have a logical contradiction. For example, if we were to say God is one in essence and not one in essence, then we would be confessing nonsense. But we believe that God is one and God is three at the same time, but the way in which He is one (in essence) is different than the way in which He is three (in person). To be sure, this doctrine is mysterious and we cannot understand it fully. Yet that does not mean it is illogical.

We conclude today by listing two practical effects of the doctrine of the Trinity. First, this doctrine tells us we cannot dismiss Jesus as one good teacher among many, for He is God incarnate. Second, this doctrine gives us confidence that we will progress in sanctification because it teaches us the Holy Spirit who dwells within us (Eph. 1:13) is God Himself, working to conform us to Christ.

Coram Deo

Many Christians misunderstand the doctrine of the Trinity. It is therefore vital that we understand it in order to confess it rightly. It preserves God’s independence, meaning He did not need to create the world in order to be in relationship, and it helps us to realize how much greater He is than us. Spend some extra time today reviewing the following passages of Scripture that teach us about the Trinity and try to read the writings of a good systematic theologian on the subject.

Passages for Further Study

Ps 45:6–7
John 20:24–29
2 Cor. 13:14
Gal. 3:20

genuineoriginal

Scripture NOWHERE states that Jesus Christ is NOT YHWH
Scripture NOWHERE states that Noah is not Moses.
Here, you have just admitted that you agree with me that Scripture NOWHERE states that Jesus is NOT YHWH.
No, I pointed out an example that proves that your attempt to create an argument from silence is a stupid tactic.
Do YOU believe that Noah is not Moses? If so, WHY do you believe so (since you've just claimed that the Bible doesn't tell us so)?
The Bible provides us with the genealogy of Noah and of Moses, which shows us that Noah is not Moses.
1 Chronicles 1:1-4,17-19,24-28,34; 1 Chronicles 2:1; 1 Chronicles 6:1-3

The Bible provides the genealogy of Jesus which shows that He is not God.

Mark 1:1
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;​

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Since by the phrase, "the Son of God", you mean "a man created by God"
No, by the phrase, "the Son of God," i mean "the Son of God".
Please learn to read what is written.

, NO Christian has EVER BELIEVED what you assert, when you say "Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God".
Most Christians believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
You appear to be one of the minority that does not believe that.

NO Christian has EVER BELIEVED that Jesus is a man created by God.
You seem to be changing the verse.
The verse states that Jesus is a man "approved" by God, not a man "created" by God.

Acts 2:22
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:​

And, mistake not: YOU are not a Christian; YOU are an anti-Christian, a Christ-hater.
I am a Christian who believes Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
I am not anti-Christian, I am anti-false-doctrines.
I do not hate Christ.

I do not hate the truth that Jesus is the Son of God the way you do.

genuineoriginal

You missed a verse.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. 3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. 4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Yes, God Almighty is the Lord of lords, which means God Almighty is Lord over our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mark 12:35-37
35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?
36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.​

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
God Almighty made Jesus into both Lord and Christ.

Acts 2:36
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.​

genuineoriginal

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
It is always great to see a passage that speaks of Christ Jesus and God in such clear language that it is obvious to anyone that reads it that the two are not the same being.
Christ Jesus left heaven, stripped Himself of His divinity, and was born as a man.
As a man, Jesus was obedient to God the Father, even though His obedience meant He had to die on the cross.
Therefore, God the Father exalted Jesus and made Jesus into our Lord.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Scripture NOWHERE states that Noah is not Moses.

VERSUS

The Bible provides us with the genealogy of Noah and of Moses, which shows us that Noah is not Moses.

Here, you flat out contradicted yourself. Perhaps you consider it virtuous to oppose logic. But, take a little consolation: when you contradict yourself, at least you are speaking truth out of one side of your mouth, which, perhaps, is better than not speaking truth at all. And, you do, indeed, speak truth when you say that the Bible shows that Noah is not Moses.

The Bible provides the genealogy of Jesus which shows that He is not God.

Mark 1:1
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;​

When you say "shows that He is not God", are you referring, by the word 'God', to God the Father? If so, I agree with you: Mark 1:1 does deny that Jesus is God the Father. So, what (if anything) is your point?

In numerous places, Jesus is referred to, and refers to Himself as "the Son of man". Would you (in order to be consistent with yourself) claim that the phrase, "the Son of man", "shows that [Jesus] is not [man]"? If not, then, to what special pleading will you resort, in order to try to whitewash your inconsistency?

If Jesus can't be God, BECAUSE He is the Son of God, then why can Jesus be man, DESPITE His being the Son of man?

It is only because of your unitarian presupposition that Jesus is not YHWH that you claim that Mark 1:1 "shows that [Jesus] is not God." You didn't GET your unitarianism from Mark 1:1, nor from any other place(s) in Scripture; rather, you commit eisegesis by imposing your unitarianism onto Scripture.

genuineoriginal

Here, you flat out contradicted yourself.
Not at all.
What the Bible states is different from what the Bible shows us.
You were not able to understand the difference because of your impaired mental faculties.

If Jesus can't be God, BECAUSE He is the Son of God, then why can Jesus be man, DESPITE His being the Son of man?
Because the word "God" (pronoun with a capital G) is used as the name of YHVH, the LORD God Almighty, and no one else.
The word "man" (noun) is used for any person who is a member of humankind, even if that person is a woman.

I agree with you: Mark 1:1 does deny that Jesus is God
:e4e:

You didn't GET your unitarianism from Mark 1:1, nor from any other place(s) in Scripture; rather, you commit eisegesis by imposing your unitarianism onto Scripture.
I leave the act of twisting the scriptures by eisegesis to Trinitarians.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Not at all.
What the Bible states is different from what the Bible shows us.
You were not able to understand the difference because of your impaired mental faculties.

On the contrary, yes indeed, you contradicted yourself.

Oh, please do try to state whatever it is you imagine to be the difference between stating the proposition, P, and showing the proposition, P.

And then, try to show whatever it is you imagine to be the difference between stating the proposition, P, and showing the proposition, P.

Also, try to cite, from the Bible, one of each of these things:

1. A proposition stated by the Bible but not shown by the Bible,
2. A proposition shown by the Bible but not stated by the Bible,
3. A proposition both stated AND shown by the Bible.

Only an abject idiot could write the post YOU just wrote. :)

Dartman

Every word true.
Every word fulfilled in Christ's ministry, and resurrection...... except, the final fulfillment of every knee bowing to Jesus, that is still future.

way 2 go

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by genuineoriginal

I don't deny that God Almighty the Father is Lord over all, including Lord over Jesus Christ the Son of God our Lord.

you ruined his story

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.