Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I see the absolute connection between recognizing, and bowing to God's beloved servant, as the worship of that servant's God.
Jesus himself told us, his Father is "the ONLY true God", AND that the most important Law .... EVER ... is to worship Jehovah/YHVH God as the ONLY true God.

We do NOT bow to Jesus AS GOD, but as God's beloved servant, beloved son, God's Christ.
When do you bow to Jesus? Or are you being figurative? I ask because going to Mass, I bow to the church's altar, which is indirectly bowing to Jesus, because His body and blood are offered upon the altar, and I kneel to the tabernacle, which, if the host is inside, is literally kneeling before Jesus, and then when I'm in the Communion line, I bow before receiving a blessing, and that also is literally bowing to Jesus.

So I was curious when it is that you do bow to Jesus, as God's beloved servant, son, and Christ, or if you just meant figuratively, for comparison.

Dartman

When do you bow to Jesus? Or are you being figurative?

I ask because going to Mass, I bow to the church's altar, which is indirectly bowing to Jesus, because His body and blood are offered upon the altar, and I kneel to the tabernacle, which, if the host is inside, is literally kneeling before Jesus, and then when I'm in the Communion line, I bow before receiving a blessing, and that also is literally bowing to Jesus.

So I was curious when it is that you do bow to Jesus, as God's beloved servant, son, and Christ, or if you just meant figuratively, for comparison.
Yes, being figurative. However, I do kneel sometimes in prayer to Jehovah, in Jesus name.

Dartman

Are at the Kingdom Hall when you do this? Do you read from the Russellite Bible?
LOL .... sorry, wrong guess.
In fact, the JW's try to avoid my house.
I talk with them as long as they are willing to stay ..... which isn't very long these days.
You see .... they believe Jesus literally existed before he literally existed ... like you.

MennoSota

LOL .... sorry, wrong guess.
In fact, the JW's try to avoid my house.
I talk with them as long as they are willing to stay ..... which isn't very long these days.
You see .... they believe Jesus literally existed before he literally existed ... like you.
So you go to church on Saturday...

MennoSota

Romans 9:5
To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh,

is the Christ, who is God over all,

blessed forever. Amen.

Dartman

To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.KJV

Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. ASV

Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen. NASU

Rom 9:5 the Patriarchs are theirs; and from them, as far as his physical descent is concerned, came the Messiah, who is over all. Praised be Adonai for ever! Amen. CJB

Rom 9:5 whose [are] the fathers; and of whom, as according to flesh, [is] the Christ, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Darby

Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all things, God blessed for ever. Amen. Douay-Rheims

Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen. NASB

Rom 9:5 whose [are] the fathers, and of whom [is] the Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen. YLT

MennoSota

Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.KJV

Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ as concerning the flesh, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. ASV

Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen. NASU

Rom 9:5 the Patriarchs are theirs; and from them, as far as his physical descent is concerned, came the Messiah, who is over all. Praised be Adonai for ever! Amen. CJB

Rom 9:5 whose [are] the fathers; and of whom, as according to flesh, [is] the Christ, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen. Darby

Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom is Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all things, God blessed for ever. Amen. Douay-Rheims

Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen. NASB

Rom 9:5 whose [are] the fathers, and of whom [is] the Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen. YLT

To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

To bad you reject Jesus and him being fully God. Clearly the scriptures teach Jesus is God. Your statement in the OP has been proven false. I don't doubt you are blind to the truth. Pity for you, dart.

Dartman

Dartman

..Clearly the scriptures teach Jesus is God.
Clearly, you are wrong.

M said:
Your statement in the OP has been proven false.
Of course not. Your claim is as inaccurate as your doctrine.

Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!

MennoSota

Clearly, you are wrong.

Of course not. Your claim is as inaccurate as your doctrine.

Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!
You struggle with the various roles Jesus plays and you deny his deity. Care to tell us what cult you attend?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God Himself can only be seen by faith. He is a spirit being.

He is a spirit being who took on humanity in order to provide salvation to those who believe.

If you don't believe that, you have no faith and no Saviour, either.

And that is a FACT.

I have faith in Jesus as the ultimate disclosure of God on earth.

Jesus never came to die for humankind’s sins.

“...your faith has saved you.”
--Luke 7:50

“Go and learn what this means: [God] desires mercy and not sacrifice.”
--Matthew 9:13

Remember, there were no depictions of Jesus hanging on a cross until well into the 5th century.

The theology of blood atonement on the cross was not worked out until some 900 years after the crucifixion [by Anselm of Canterbury].

And it is a FACT that most believers use the ancient, exalted titles that were applied to Jesus after his death.

Unfortunately, these first-century theological labels no longer are interesting, compelling or persuadable in today’s global culture.

MennoSota

Technically, I probably DO fit part of the definition of "cult" ..... since I agree with the Scripture that Jesus is a man, which is certainly "uncommon".... and one of the definitions of "cult" is; .. a social group defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal.
I think of you as a Muslim or a Jehovah's Witness who has no connection to the body of Christ.
Satan loves to create cults because their members don't imagine they are hell bound.

Dartman

You struggle with the various roles Jesus plays and you deny his deity.
Jesus doesn't "play roles", and Jesus isn't deity.
M said:
Care to tell us what cult you attend?
I am a member, and a minister for The Church of God, Faith of Abraham.
If you check the NT, "Church of God" is the most common name.
Also, if you check the so called "Apostles Creed" you will see the exact same doctrine being taught in about 150AD, as I teach.

I am NOT endorsing the concept of Creeds.... I believe the ONLY writing we need is Scripture. But, that Creed IS a wonderful snapshot of pre-trinitarian Church teaching.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth.

And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.

He descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.

From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Church, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the flesh, and the life everlasting. Amen.

MennoSota

Also, if you check the so called "Apostles Creed" you will see the exact same doctrine being taught in about 150AD, as I teach.

I am NOT endorsing the concept of Creeds.... I believe the ONLY writing we need is Scripture. But, that Creed IS a wonderful snapshot of pre-trinitarian Church teaching.

And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.

the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the flesh, and the life everlasting. Amen.
Well, thanks for sharing. Yeah, Church of God is definitely a cult. They had a camp only a few miles out of my town when I was a kid. (YOU) Y'all have some offshoot cults from your group as well. HW was a wacko. His son tried to right the ship. Didn't work. Now y'all have the crazy Hebrew Roots cult as well.
Instead of following a cult of personality like HW, I recognize Reformed theology as most biblically accurate.
Good luck on your path, dart. No hard feelings that I can't follow your path.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
The Second Person of the Trinity, the Divine Logos, was (and is) God from all eternity. In the Incarnation, he entered space and time as Jesus of Nazareth. While preserving his Divinity whole and intact, he humbled himself by taking on our humanity. This meant creating a human body and also a human soul for himself. Jesus wasn’t simply a mask the Logos wore, or an avatar, or anything of the sort. Rather, the Man Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity, and vice versa. The Second Person of the Trinity united his human soul perfectly to his Divine Self. In doing so, he bridged the gulf created by sin between God and man. This is one of the reasons that we refer to Jesus by the titles “Son of Man” and “Son of God” without any tension: he’s the perfect God-Man (see Matthew 26:63-64, in which the two titles are used interchangably).

MennoSota

Of course Jesus plays different roles. He is Immanuel, the Wonderful Counselor, the Prince of Peace, etc. Each name signifies a role that Jesus plays.
The only Creed that is inspired by God is this one:
1 Corinthians 15:3-8
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.

As a preacher, you will be judged more severely for your false teaching. You are a minister of the devil though you imagine you serve God.

Status
Not open for further replies.