ECT It makes sense to observe God's Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
After all, it comes from Him.

The Law is about love, and whatever your position on the old and new covenants we know Jesus taught about love from the Law, love of God and love of your neighbor.

The Law itself is about love. And this has become abundantly clear.

I think people focus on the Law as a negative, forgetting that it is good, because it condemns. Well, at least we know that when we compare ourselves against God's righteous law no one is perfect. That is why we need to obey God's commands in faith, because trying to achieve righteousness on our own by our own works does not work. We need the righteousness of Christ.

And He died that we would become the righteousness of God in Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That a person can be called righteous in Christ means they have been forgiven their sins in Christ who died for them. This is the only way to see this in truth. There is salvation in no one else under heaven other than Jesus.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That a person can be called righteous in Christ means they have been forgiven their sins in Christ who died for them. This is the only way to see this in truth. There is salvation in no one else under heaven other than Jesus.

amen. too many people regress to works alone, while judging and labeling others. they don't even see themselves doing it:thumb:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I think people focus on the Law as a negative, forgetting that it is good, because it condemns. Well, at least we know that when we compare ourselves against God's righteous law no one is perfect. That is why we need to obey God's commands in faith, because trying to achieve righteousness on our own by our own works does not work.
What did Christ have to die for, if righteousness come by the law, Jacob?

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

vfirestormv

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

He did not say that righteousness came by the law, he said that the law is about love, but people see it as bad as it condemns.
He also said in his next post:

Which is also true.
The law is not bad, what is bad is when we try to be justified by our works of the law. Not by just doing what is contained in the law. I am to love my God with all my heart and all my soul and all my might. And I can only really achieve that through Christ who lives in me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most posters here have no distinction between Moses' law and Jesus' law.

Untell is no different.

It is just absurd.

Of course it makes sense to obey Jesus' law.

Christians are Jesus' followers, after all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You are correct in that righteousness does not come by the Law.

See also Philippians 3:9 NASB.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Which is also true.
The law is not bad, what is bad is when we try to be justified by our works of the law. Not by just doing what is contained in the law. I am to love my God with all my heart and all my soul and all my might. And I can only really achieve that through Christ who lives in me.
Amen. It is God by whom we can obey God's commands.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Most posters here have no distinction between Moses' law and Jesus' law.

Untell is no different.

It is just absurd.

Of course it makes sense to obey Jesus' law.

Christians are Jesus' followers, after all.
What Jesus has instructed us as His followers appears to me to never contradict the Law that came before Him.

musterion

A believer cannot observe something to which God has declared him/her to be dead and made alive to a far higher law, which is Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A believer cannot observe something to which God has declared him/her to be dead and made alive to a far higher law, which is Christ.
Jesus in His teachings showed us that the Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. It is possible to love God and to love your neighbor, even if it has to be God that makes it possible for you.

csuguy

Matthew 5:17-20 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

dreadknought

After all, it comes from Him.

The Law is about love, and whatever your position on the old and new covenants we know Jesus taught about love from the Law, love of God and love of your neighbor.

The Law itself is about love. And this has become abundantly clear.

I think people focus on the Law as a negative, forgetting that it is good, because it condemns. Well, at least we know that when we compare ourselves against God's righteous law no one is perfect. That is why we need to obey God's commands in faith, because trying to achieve righteousness on our own by our own works does not work. We need the righteousness of Christ.

And He died that we would become the righteousness of God in Him.
In the law "we" know holiness...... and that is good.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because you don't understand Jesus' simple teachings or won't accept it.
I'm not sure what you mean. What I don't understand is if Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but He did in that all was accomplished. But I know the present heaven and earth will pass away, so heaven and earth have not passed away so we still need to listen to what Jesus has said and my second sentence here then doesn't make sense.