Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
“...and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Revelation 21
Good thing I'm not a liar, then.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Dude - you win

Congratulations

Now go away and find another website to troll :wave2:

Wow. Yes, I see it now. You have a hard time with facts. Check the site stats, you’re a newbie compared to me. Calling me a troll was quite a fail.

Why don’t you have me on ignore yet?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wow. Yes, I see it now. You have a hard time with facts. Check the site stats, you’re a newbie compared to me. Calling me a troll was quite a fail.

Nope, sorry. Doser's been here WAYYYY longer than you have...

More than I can remember. I think i first discovered the site in 2003, joined shortly after.

...continued on my lappy:

name changes reflected in my current name

early and longest and most abrasive: "koban"

followed by an attempt to reinvent my online persona: "some other dude" (sod)

came back as "resurrected"

then an amalgam of my previous names: "resodko" (my favorite)

then a few years ago, i just flipped it around to form "ok doser"

each break was necessitated by my need to be absent from online activity - mostly around periods when I was back in school - i would burn my old account, then when my circumstances changed, create a new one

Doser's been here since around 2003. You've only been here since 2008.

glorydaz

It states many things about Gods nature, and you know I place God is Love as the best three words in the Bible.

But, the Bible is also clear both by plain words, and Jesus’ teaching, that Gods nature is Omnipotent, Omnicient, and Omnipresent. That means God is all knowing, all powerful and everywhere present.

These are things I believe. So, it seems apparent to me that people who say they believe in God would also appreciate these aspects of belief regarding Gods nature. Yet, there is an enormous disconnect between myself and the believers here.

If people believe that God made the universe, that means he’s responsible or aware of every positive n of every single element, all the way down to subatomic particles, and even other parts of nature that we humans aren’t even aware.

Of course he could make people disappear. He can do anything. He could literally instantly dissolve the entire universe in a moments time. You are right, IMO, that is probably not how he rolls. But to think that capability is beyond him is inconsistent with clear Bible teaching.

Yes, God controls all things.

Which just brings it to the real question doesn’t it?

Why does “evil” exist if God is good?

What’s your answer to it?

God created man with a free will...the ability to choose evil over good.

Doser has had many different "socks"....lots of different names he's posted under. :chuckle:

Anyway, you're better off ignoring him, because he will never ignore you. He gets his kicks by "engaging" with people the way he has with you.

I do have a question for you, though, Guyver. You seem to doubt what is written in the OT concerning God's dealings with people. What do you say about our all powerful God, and the ravages of nature....which He controls....inflicted upon innocent people and children? Why would a loving God allow volcanoes and floods etc.? So many lives lost. What about birth defects and health problems? He could certainly do something about those. You really don't need to look at the OT to see things that "God is Love" does not explain, right?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes, God controls all things.

Agreed.
This confession of Sovereign control must include the willfulness inherent in all mankind,and all the resultant historical/human decisions throughout time.
Right?

God created man with a free will...the ability to choose evil over good.
Adam chose to acquire knowledge of evil , thereby corrupting his free will and bringing this Godly gift into bondage to Satan rather than into obedient service to God.

Thus the will of man remains . . No longer free.

But God remains in Sovereign control of all.

glorydaz

Agreed.
This confession of Sovereign control must include the willfulness inherent in all mankind,and all the resultant historical/human decisions throughout time.
Right?

No, I don't agree, Nang. Good to see you, though.

Things are not people.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Adam chose to acquire knowledge of evil , thereby corrupting his free will and bringing this Godly gift into bondage to Satan rather than into obedient service to God.

Thus the will of man remains . . No longer free.

But God remains in Sovereign control of all.

Adam chose to sin, but he could later choose good. Even Cain had a choice. The Lord told Cain quite plainly he could choose. That "sin lieth at the door" means it's always near at hand...not that it has become a part of his being.

Gen. 4:6-7 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, I don't agree, Nang. Good to see you, though.

Too bad but thanks anyway ..

Things are not people.

Peoples’ choices are not “things”.

Man was created in the image of God, accountable thereby before God, to exercise his will in accord with his creator. Adam abused this gift only to disobey God.

Adam chose to sin, but he could later choose good.

When? How? Why?

Cain had a choice. The Lord told Cain quite plainly he could choose. That "sin lieth at the door" means it's always near at hand...not that it has become a part of his being.

This was a divine revelation of Cain’s eternal bondage to sin (always near at hand) inherited from Adam which Cain never conquered or “did well” by faith or good choices. Cain remained in sin and only produced an ungodly lineage (compared to the faithful and Godly lineage of Seth).

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
not socks, as they've always been used one at a time - just different usernames over the years

artie's done the same

as has stripe, and many many others
Oi!

This is the same account as what I started with. Knight capitalized it and added an "r" when I got officially converted.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Mocking McGuyver?

:mock: Guyver.

Scripture says that the Law is good. But we often think of it as bad. Why is this so?

There is something that the Law cannot do, save you. But Jesus can do that (save you). So is the Law inferior to Jesus? I am talking about the Law of Moses. God's law is also found in the New Covenant, but people debate about if there should be any punishment or penalty for wrong done.

How is the Law good? In that it points out sin. Is this sin all sin that can be repented of? Can a person repent of anything and be saved? What do you think? If we did not have the Law could we still point out sin?

Also, is it bad to preach the Law in light of the preaching of Jesus?

Shalom (Peace).

Jacob

beloved57

Good when its used lawfully 1 Tim 1:8

[FONT=&quot]But we know that the law is good, if a man use it [/FONT]lawfully;

Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

The Law of Moses is Good when used by the power of the Holy Spirit to lead the sinner to Christ !

Jn 5:46

[FONT=&quot]For had ye believed [/FONT]Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good when its used lawfully 1 Tim 1:8

[FONT=&quot]But we know that the law is good, if a man use it [/FONT]lawfully;

Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

The Law of Moses is Good when used by the power of the Holy Spirit to lead the sinner to Christ !

Jn 5:46

[FONT=&quot]For had ye believed [/FONT]Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Amen!

It is holy.

Rom 7:12 - So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

Arthur Brain

Good thing I'm not a liar, then.

We're all liars to some extent JR or is it just forgettable when it's convenient to suit purposes? You're no exception. You never did get around to addressing that nonsense of doser's regarding a "cartoon hell" by way of. A total fabrication (and a really bizarre one at that) that you high fived him for and when put straight by myself and others you were like the proverbial crickets...

:think: